Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Discussion] Reply to senseless topics
(11-21-2011, 09:30 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  @ Lauli, snomin, Bamboori Neocrypt,Silva ,xmfcx and everybody else
What do you exactly pretend moderators to do on these threads?

They don't need to smthng special.. Like as it said before: act positive and constructive and helpful.

Mods generally do this but they more often ignore senseless threads i guess.(and again as i said before: everybody has a breaking point:P)
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
funny but sad how some FirzenEX release is regraded as "aren't of decent quality" these days...
Funny because it's true, but back when I first registered in a LF2 forum, I get so excited to see a post like that. Yes, without screenshots or even being recoloured! It's sad because it just shows I am ageing...

Now recall your very first LF2 steps... I know standards have been raised significantly, even compared to a couple of years ago, but still, experimentation is part of experience. Obviously I'm not saying everyone has to reply with like "zomg!! INSTANT DOWNLOAD", but just be gentle because we've all been on the same boat once upon a time.

To sum up and combining opinions from several posts:
1) Use the report button if there are pure request posts
2) If you are posting in a release thread of S-Dennis / whateveristrendy, be friendly and constructive to keep the scene alive.

@Somin
You must be referring to me when you said "moderating random image of the day thread". That's because there were a couple of complaints and the real mods have been busy, so I had to deal with those first. Obviously the real global mods lead important roles in real life, like hunting down illegal immigrants and practise at bee shooting, so sometimes they can't handle every single problem in the forum. So it's really down to the individual users to help make LFE better and more accommodating.
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
Marshall Wrote:funny but sad how some FirzenEX release is regraded as "aren't of decent quality" these days...
Funny because it's true, but back when I first registered in a LF2 forum, I get so excited to see a post like that. Yes, without screenshots or even being recoloured! It's sad because it just shows I am ageing...

True story. I kinda miss those days in wich I was new to the LF2 community and enjoyed playing those mod characters :o

I cannot talk from own experience since I started with crappy but not recoloured sprites when I first registered here, but in any case, disrespectful posts are the reason for newcomers to leave the forums almost permanently. Being respectful, each user has the right to decide how to act upon newcomers, like pushing them to improve, or just give positive comments to raise their self-esteem... that's my opinion atleast.

for a newcomer, your sprites were very good already ~ Marshall
Thanks given by: prince_freeza , Bamboori