Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Disappear Timer" for Weapons
(11-15-2011, 01:53 PM)xmfcx Wrote:  I tried to apply this with a wait: 200 timer frame or smthng like that but i guess it didn't worked because of smthng hardcoded on hex...
let me guess:
a weapon without next: 0 cannot be picked?
(11-15-2011, 01:53 PM)xmfcx Wrote:  Any help or suggestions?
your weapon holds a t3 object with wpoint
t3 object has an opoint when held in the on_ground frames of the weapon

this opoint creates an object high above the ground which moves down/up towards a bdy of the weapons on_ground frames
(it will in fact create thousands of objects ... might crash your game if you don't make sure they disappear again fast enough!
you can try to get around this problem by having a just_on_ground frame instead of the original on_ground frame leading towards a new/copy on_ground frame - with wait: 0 you will only create two objects with the opoint of the t3 during the just_on_ground frame)

as the created objects reach (and thats your timer) the weapons bdy they simply destroy it (if you dont want the whole shatter mess and have the weapon disappear gracefully animated you can instead also knock it far off screen, it will get deleted there - if the dvx and dvy are high enough this action and the flying should not even be visible - effect: 5 might even rid you of any hit effects)

the t3 object that was held by the now destroyed weapon will go to frame 0 - add your explosion or other action here

i think you cannot help the fact that one object might kill off another one of the same type that has just dropped too close to it
you can only try to make the overlapping areas so small that is is impossible for another object of the same type to land in the exact same spot without hitting it
you might actually want to 'reset' already running timers in case a new one is set in the same spot (ie an object gets picked up and dropped on the same spot: there is already a timer running on that location, but the new one could delete the old one)
Thanks given by: mfc
Thanx guys, i'm gonna try them all...
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
YinYin, why would you need the weapon to hold an object?
Wouldn't it do the same job if you just opoint it directly?
Thanks given by:
Actually, you right i guess.
Because, weapon point support is generally for moving object opoints but rocks doesn't move after they touched the ground.

But yinyin's method would be necessary in these facts:
if you move the rock forward without bouncing it, t3 object cant hit that and it never disappears.

So yinyin's solution is more includer(not sure if i used this word in right placeXD).
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-15-2011, 06:36 PM)Lauli Wrote:  YinYin, why would you need the weapon to hold an object?
Wouldn't it do the same job if you just opoint it directly?

thats for making it explode upon breaking (even if breaking normally without this timer stuff)

i also thought of having the objects do less than breaking damage and thus the weapon gets hit by them until it breaks (which is a timer too)
that could work for creating a bomb with a fuse - that case actually requires constant opointing which also only works with wpoint if you want to keep the weapon pickable

other than that you can of course simplify it - in which case its just opointing something that destroys the weapon after some time
Thanks given by:
(11-15-2011, 07:25 PM)YinYin Wrote:  i also thought of having the objects do less than breaking damage and thus the weapon gets hit by them until it breaks (which is a timer too)

If it repediatly get hits; wouldn't it shake? Even with a fall: -1 it would shake D:
Thanks given by:
yes
thats why i thought of a lit bomb that shakes before it explodes
Thanks given by:
(11-15-2011, 07:46 PM)YinYin Wrote:  yes
thats why i thought of a lit bomb that shakes before it explodes

good idea,but how about messing with centerx and centery till it will look like normal rock,u know no shaki shaki thing,if u get point.
Sorry if i missreaded something
edit:like i said,im noob at dc.
Troll mode activated TwistedDemonEvil
Thanks given by:
The shaking effect which caused by fall: -1 cannot be fixed by changing of cenx or ceny.
Thanks given by: