Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game programming contest: roguelike game / dungeon crawler
another contest, this time with a "normal" theme and relatively easy to accomplish (more logic thinking and planning needed than actual programming):
create a roguelike/dungeon crawler game!
remember teh good old rogue? no? then give it a go here:
http://www.hexatron.com/rogue/
it was teh first game of its genre, later evolved into dungeon crawlers (for example the pokemon mystery dungeon series).

your guidelines:
-you can use any programmign language (html, basic etc is fine!) for any platform (as long as you can at least demonstrate it)
-you are free to use graphical resources or sounds/music, however you dont have to
-random dungeon generator is welcome, not needed though
-teh perspective (3rd person, ego etc.) is up to you.
-the game doesnt have to be very long/endless
-YES, you CAN team up :P

this game contest wont have a deadline yet, i will wait for some participants first and then decide a deadline with them =)
Thanks given by: prince_freeza
currently browsing with a phone.. So no time to view links and all.. But ill definitely concider this when i get bak here ;)
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
its definitely worth looking into, yes =)
i teamed up with a friend, we will make it a browsergame ;D (hes uber at website stuff)
Thanks given by:
it is a good idea to make games but i guess this will again fail as it was earlier cuz of no entries...
why not we all make games in teams?
Wut u think?
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2011, 06:34 AM)Sonic Boom Wrote:  it is a good idea to make games but i guess this will again fail as it was earlier cuz of no entries...
why not we all make games in teams?
Wut u think?

agree. doing something by yourself is boring and long. with a partner, fast and awesome:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:
Thanks given by:
you are allowed to team up, or did the rules say otherwise? ;D
Thanks given by:
Know what? I might even join :P

More details once I'm back from China.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Bamboori
it seems that i will make a roguelike for the gameboy, though the compiler is a b*tch >.<
because the project of my bud and me will probably take way too long for this :p
Thanks given by: