Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contest #16: Background challenge
I want it too. It's beautiful. But why do I get the feeling I've saw this BG somewhere or maybe in some games. (No offense, really.)
This place motivates me to become an artist, this place motivates me to learn coding, this place made me grow up, showed me the ways to interact with people. Unlike the old childish of me myself, I've learned a lot and gotten some experiences. For me, it's not just a fan forum, it's a helpful community. From a noob to someone who would think before he speaks, looking back at my old post made me laugh hard, I'm grateful of the differences between these 2 years.
~Thank You All and Farewell
~Goodbye, LFE.
RIP - 14/04/2014
Thanks given by:
Sorry, but I made this all by myself. I'll upload it for you today.
Currently working on something completly different, so this probably won't be my entry at last.
Thanks given by:
Whaat making a BG D:
We'll see how it goes, i don't even know how BG datas work xp
E: Meh, i suck at making bigger sprites like BG, so i give up D:
Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
For whom that knows nothing about dcing of a bg:
www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=287

...My favorite bg tutorial.
Marshall rulezzz zzz...
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by: Whaat
Just uploaded Bg. Download link in edited post.
Thanks given by:
Dont worry guys, i've got my BG underway right now, im probably around 50% done with the sprites.
I'm thinking of adding some dynamic effects, but ill need DC help with that one. Not entirely sure yet. Ill upload some previews soon when i've got a bit more done ;)

HINT for upcoming bg: "Ever wonder what it's like to live in the world of Alectric?"
Im hoping this is one of my sexiest Backgrounds yet.

EDIT: So much ninja!
Thanks given by:
Oh, Alec, you bloody ninja :p
And you made me curious..... WORK ON IT! NAO!
As for dynamic effects, you could reverse-engineer one of the existing dynamic BGs. Or rather, just adjust the hit_j-values and opoint in action.dat (iirc) and you're done with that already :p

(10-19-2011, 04:13 PM)Whaat Wrote:  E: Meh, i suck at making bigger sprites like BG, so i give up D:
Sad.

(10-16-2011, 08:34 PM)Gad Wrote:  
You said it yourself: perfectly LF2-styled. That's definitely the big plus, the BG neatly integrates with the other original ones. The scrolling is smooth and looks natural.
The downsides which I experience are the following:
- upon moving, it is hard to actually determine your exact speed. A bit of texture at the bottom (inside the purple, for example) could help counteracting that.
- (just for the sake of pointing out the obvious) shadows. With a lot of good will, I can see them, but it wouldn't hurt to darken them down.
- The wire-mesh in the back. It looks a bit too regular, considering that something crashed right through the wall. Let them bend a little! Also, is it just me or are some parts inside the bricks and others in front of them? Bricks and steel-mesh, interesting combination...
- Whilst the back wall and the columns are both pretty damaged, the structure inbetween seems unaffected. Imo, giving it at least some cracks could help.
- Just generally, cracks or small chunks of broken stuff missing/laying around would make it look even better.

All I can think of now :P

(10-16-2011, 02:24 PM)mundvoll_ Wrote:  im also finished with my sprites/arts/parts for my bg but still dont get the DCing part...
maybe there's someone who wants to collab with me and do the DCing stuff, nothing complicated anyway i think as i dont got animations for the bg....
As xmfcx suggested, check out Marshall's BG-tutorial, should help you in quickly getting a grasp about what to do. Also, nothing hinders you from basing your BG off an existing one (data-wisely, that is) ;)

(10-17-2011, 06:28 PM)Reaper Wrote:  I've also started working on something. Now I begin to wonder whether my idea is far off from what others do. We'll see...
Just submit it; right now, you can, regardless of the final voting, become at least second :p

Also, the evil ghosts have driven me to work on a BG as well. Should be done pretty soon-ish :)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Alectric , Gad
Ice-World

[Image: iceworld.png]

Layered: Yes
Animated: No
Scrolling: Yes

Download

Okay this is my first background ever so i think the outcome is acceptable.
THX a lot to mh for teaching me the basic bg DCing!
Ideas for animations are highly appreciated as i didnt know what i could add ._.
Tell me what i could improve! :)
-> this is a beta and might be changed ;)

Have fun testing it! :)
Thanks given by: mfc , LutiChris , bashscrazy , Dr. Time
niice i really like it mundvoll,
:thumbsup:
Thanks given by: Jahvansi
@mundvoll_: Best icy bg i've ever seen! The way that light reflects from the ground is just magical!
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by: Jahvansi