Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] Stealing the ability of others
:[ 
Hey there. When I first joined this forum I posted something on someone absorbing ability's but I haven't been able to find it. The thought I had in mind was when a character was dead, the character who absorbs the dead character steals all of his ability's.
Any ideas on how I could make that possible?
[Image: variaboss.png]
SUPER B*NER: :3
Thanks given by:
hex editor? O:
i dont think it possible at data but maybe at hex it is
good luck man O:
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by:
Doubt it's possible... the sprites for the moves don't come out of thin air and just work for the new char.
Thanks given by:
Not possible for one char, maybe for a mod that has special lying frames for all chars and then using thing and two make a transformation into other char, but no, it's not possible just to absorb those moves.
Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
I understand that part. I was thinking maybe something like they transform when they absorb the character, but they still remain the same with new ability's. Then the character has loads of transformations for the person he absorbs.
The reason I'm positing on LFE is to see anyone can suggest an easier way of going about it.
Thanks given by:
There is no easy way for such a thing.
It just isn't possible.
Thanks given by:
(08-15-2011, 04:02 PM)Whaat Wrote:  There is no easy way for such a thing.
It just isn't possible.

It is not impossible. You can either make the guy transform or use more complicate techniques like this one:

-First make sure every characters in your mod (or at least the one with copyable abilities) will opoint out a type: 0 object every time they use a move (the copyable ones) with itr/kind: 8/y: xxx (the y value should be different for each move).
-Then in the copying character (let's call him Kakashi), every time he does a a copy move, he will go to a frame with bdy/y: xxx
-The type: 0 object will react to Kakashi bdy and move to his location. After that, it will constantly opoint out another object with itr/kind: 3 with y: zzz or type: 0's bdy with y: zzz
+) If you go with itr/kind: 3 then in the frames where Kakashi will use the copied moves, give him bdy/y: zzz. The itr/kind: 3 will then bring him to the frames where he uses the move copied.
+) If you go with type: 0's bdy/ y: zzz then in the frames where Kakashi will use the copied moves, give him itr/kind: 8/y: zzz. The itr will react with the bdy and bring Kakashi to the frames where he uses the copied move.

Note: You should also make sure that if Kakashi were to try to copy another move when he already have one, he will cancel out the previous move. This could be done by giving him special bdy in his copying frames and let it react with the previously copied move itr/kind: 8 (which lead to a frame with next: 1000)
Thanks given by:
(08-16-2011, 02:13 PM)no one Wrote:  
It just isn't possible.
It is not impossible. You can either make the guy transform or use more complicate techniques like this one
I said that to his ''The reason I'm positing on LFE is to see anyone can suggest an easier way of going about it. '' i meant that there is no EASY way to do it, but there probably is an complicated way to do it.

Thanks given by:
(08-16-2011, 02:18 PM)Whaat Wrote:  
It just isn't possible.
It is not impossible. You can either make the guy transform or use more complicate techniques like this one
I said that to his ''The reason I'm positing on LFE is to see anyone can suggest an easier way of going about it. '' i meant that there is no EASY way to do it, but there probably is an complicated way to do it.
Well that's a mistake on your behalf. It's possible it's just very complex. The reason I posted it was to see if any of the more advanced Dcers could come up with a more simple way then transforming the character.

It just isn't possible.

It is not impossible. You can either make the guy transform or use more complicate techniques like this one:

-First make sure every characters in your mod (or at least the one with copyable abilities) will opoint out a type: 0 object every time they use a move (the copyable ones) with itr/kind: 8/y: xxx (the y value should be different for each move).
-Then in the copying character (let's call him Kakashi), every time he does a a copy move, he will go to a frame with bdy/y: xxx
-The type: 0 object will react to Kakashi bdy and move to his location. After that, it will constantly opoint out another object with itr/kind: 3 with y: zzz or type: 0's bdy with y: zzz
+) If you go with itr/kind: 3 then in the frames where Kakashi will use the copied moves, give him bdy/y: zzz. The itr/kind: 3 will then bring him to the frames where he uses the move copied.
+) If you go with type: 0's bdy/ y: zzz then in the frames where Kakashi will use the copied moves, give him itr/kind: 8/y: zzz. The itr will react with the bdy and bring Kakashi to the frames where he uses the copied move.

Note: You should also make sure that if Kakashi were to try to copy another move when he already have one, he will cancel out the previous move. This could be done by giving him special bdy in his copying frames and let it react with the previously copied move itr/kind: 8 (which lead to a frame with next: 1000)

I like the method you suggested, it saves space on characters. Since you used the name 'Kakashi' I'm assuming you worked on ntsdII. Does this method take up a lot of frames? Because the character who copied abilities might have a lot of frames?
Thanks given by:
@Madara Uchiha: Yes, I did work on NTSDII for a while. And yes, it will take you crap load of frames (depend on how many mve you want the character to copy)
Thanks given by: