Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] Straight teleport
Well, stupid DCer asks stupid questions again.
I know that state 400 makes your char tele behind the enemy and with x,y values you can choose how far from the enemy you can go.
But.
Is there a possibility to do a teleport from point A to point B?
[Image: telef.png]
The char should teleport just straight (without caring where the enemy is), but i don't want it to be like Rudolf's rowing (disappears, no bdy, almost like tele, but not tele), i want it to really teleport so it gets to point B from point A.
Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
well i think maybe you need do something with y values to telleport upper
Troll mode activated TwistedDemonEvil
Thanks given by:
Why not do it like Rudolf's rowing?

Just put a dvx of your choosing in the frame, make the wait 1 and lose bdy...voila, the char teleports straight ahead as far as you'd like.

(You might wanna put a dvx: -1 in the last frame to stop the char from sliding.)

That's at least how I did it.
Thanks given by:
Well, i wanted him to be there at the second i press the key combination (in Rudolf's rowing it takes a while), but well, i fixed that by adding huge dvx and small wait :/ so i guess this is solved.
Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
Yeh, that's a way to do it. dvx: somethinglarge with wait: 1 and, in the next frame, dvx: 550 to stop the sliding.

What would be a little more tricky is following:
- opoint yourself at a set location (the place you like to teleport to). That clone can be invisible etc. and only needs a special bdy. Considering that he'll last for a short amount of time only, we don't really need to care about the com-logo.
- via itr/k8, teleport to your clone. That clone needs only a wait-value of 2-ish, so it'll be gone as soon as you teleport to him (or, if the teleporting fails, he'll disappear as well). You could, of course, do some sort of animation for your clone. A flickering image indicating your sudden appearance, something Woody-like, or something entirely new.

Either way, up to you :p
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
I use a similar effect here ;)
[Image: kMvmi.gif]
its basically high dvx value with like 0-1 wait and then i used 550 dvx to stop him
but i wanted a slide so i added some dvx in the next frame after :)

and in the LF2 Nintendo vs Sega mod by JackieRabbit5 - Mario and Luigi have a pipe teleport thing.
Thanks given by:
if you use wait: 0 on a frame the dvx will be the exact amount of pixels he will move during that frame
dvx: 550 in the next one will stop his motion
(all this will happen during a single frame in lf2 - thus he will never even be displayed in all the possible positions in between - not visually and not physically - so no way to hit him there either)

no need for a frame where he disappears - he will move right to the spot you want in an instant - just what you want
Thanks given by: Silverthorn , Whaat , mfc , Electric2Shock , Dr. Time