Poll: Keep the sign on his back?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, you should definately keep it
77.97%
46 77.97%
It's not important / I don't know
15.25%
9 15.25%
No, get rid of it
6.78%
4 6.78%
Total 59 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Goku & SSJ Goku (release!)
An update on what I'm doing right now:
SSJ Goku:
- Fixed some centery/centerx values for his kamehameha light
- Added aura for his super kamehameha. Still have to finish the effect for the protective aura so it won't be TOO protective.
- I made his super kamehameha cost more mana (190 --> 280). I did this mainly because of the protective aura.
- Made his hair really shiny ^^ He looks more like a super saiyan now.

Normal Goku:
- Started working on normal Goku. Finished goku_0 and goku_2. goku_1 is about 50% done. I'm also making the weapon sprites, so he can use weapons and drink milk and beer. SSJ Goku will keep the "no picking"-handicap as he's overpowered.
- I'm changing normal Goku's kamehameha so that it's weaker than SSJ Goku's when they both use the move, haven't done this yet.
I made a new D^A for normal Goku, as I found the old one pretty annoying :P The new one allows for more combos as well!

Pics and new moves will be shown it in the next update.
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
Will Goku have a Spirit Bomb? Maybe even a Super Spirit Bomb that will OHKO ANYONE IT HITS?!?!

The protective aura.. How exactly is it going to work?
Thanks given by:
(08-24-2014, 04:43 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  Will Goku have a Spirit Bomb? Maybe even a Super Spirit Bomb that will OHKO ANYONE IT HITS?!?!

The protective aura.. How exactly is it going to work?

He will be able to do the spirit bomb, I'm not making it OHKO though. If I'm going to make it leveled, the Super Spirit Bomb would take 50-75% of the total HP. I think I'll do 3 levels, not sure yet... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqiKsBL8GUE)

The protective aura is just an aura with two ITRs: one that blocks special attacks with state 3000 (so attacks such as Henry's super arrow and Julian's soul bomb will still get him off guard) and one ITR that pushes characters back. So the only way to get him off guard right now is by using a strong special attack. It's a hard move to prevent, but dodging it isn't too hard unless he uses instant transmission kamehameha and it uses quite some MP, so I guess it's fair.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
Update! In the form of a youtube preview this time. The audio belonging to the vid isn't working, but at least the itself vid is :) I think it's worth checking out!

YOUTUBE PREVIEW

EDIT:

Stuff that has to be fixed:
- ITR x/y of his short kamehameha combination (the kick&punch);
- Spirit bomb ITR should hit only once and cause the opponent to fly in the opposite direction of what it does now;
- Explosion pics & new ITR;
- Some w-points for normal Goku (not shown in the vid)
- Eventually add a chase for the spirit bomb
- Eventually get rid of the beam's shadow
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: bashscrazy
looks amazing, but does the explosion created by the ball hitting ground have a z-width?
back from the dead.....kinda
Thanks given by:
(09-13-2014, 01:44 PM)Nyamaiku Wrote:  looks amazing, but does the explosion created by the ball hitting ground have a z-width?

It does, but it isn't too big because it would look weird in game.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
(09-13-2014, 01:46 PM)Neocrypt Wrote:  It does, but it isn't too big because it would look weird in game.
i think it is even stranger if it has such a big width while having little z-width...
how bout making the explosion sprite more like this
[Image: main-qimg-12d4018c45c5e706f077d399a003b4..._webp=true]
back from the dead.....kinda
Thanks given by: Memento
(09-13-2014, 01:52 PM)Nyamaiku Wrote:  
(09-13-2014, 01:46 PM)Neocrypt Wrote:  It does, but it isn't too big because it would look weird in game.
i think it is even stranger if it has such a big width while having little z-width...
how bout making the explosion sprite more like this
[Image: main-qimg-12d4018c45c5e706f077d399a003b4..._webp=true]

I wasn't sure how to create a good looking explosion that would seem to hit on both the x and the z-axis. Big help, thanks :)
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
You could have looked at my explosions ;)
My explosive waves, final explosions, final flash, etc. They all have explosions like that to help it in the z axis.

The spirit bomb made the enemy fly in the wrong direction.
Also I really like the transformation into SS.
Thanks given by: Memento
(09-13-2014, 02:45 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  You could have looked at my explosions ;)
My explosive waves, final explosions, final flash, etc. They all have explosions like that to help it in the z axis.

The spirit bomb made the enemy fly in the wrong direction.
Also I really like the transformation into SS.

I guess I should've done that, but I didn't. Will fix it though, easy enough :) might take some time though, as the computer I'm using temporarily is so old that it can't handle the "lighting effects" filter in photoshop :P
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: