Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID Specfic MP Regeneration
I have a problem:

-Downloaded LF2_Patcher (files: lf2.cfg ; readme ; patcher (ms-dos) ; patcher (application) [no patcher.bat (?)])
-Downloaded OllyDBG (files: all ok... the executable is OLLYDBG)

Opened lf2.cfg -> copied and pasted the code you mentioned above (for one ID), deleted the spaces between letters and numbers and then the code was written in 2 lines:
line 1 -> 00021F6F,8B89F4060000,E96C0B020090
line 2 -> 00042AE0,(all the zeros here)(...)FDFF
SAVED.

Run Patcher (application) -> no window opened, just flashed (like open fast and close).
Run Patcher (MS-DOS) -> no window opened, just flashed (like open fast and close).

Now... the following: "Alright, so after you patched the exe with one of these thingies, open the the exe with olly and go to offset 00442AE0 (Press ctrl+g and write in 00442AE0)." - Have I patched it already doing what I did ? Because:

I open OllyDBG -> Open -> lf2 (executable file)... Things I don't understand are shown. I press CTRL+G, then I type 00442AE0 and click ok. Then, when the following offset is shown, I don't see what you call "a bunch of code".

What I see is: (first column) 00 / (second column) DB 00.

This is my problem. ^

Now two things I notice:

1) While I'm using OllyDBG, it says in the bottom Program Entry Point ... then at the bottom right PAUSED (in yellow background) Does it mean I have to open LF2 before opening OllyDBG ? If so, the I have to click "Game Start" and wait for every data and stuff to be loaded until I get the game menu ?

2) After I used OllyDBG, a lf2.udd file is created in Olly folder... Should I delete it ? Does it mean anything ? Is it an important file ? Or what ?

Thanks in advance. :s
Thanks given by:
patcher(ms dos) = patcher.bat .

For some reason it didn't patch. Are you sure you have lf2.exe in the same folder as your patcher? I might rewrite this tutorial to show how to do it manually.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
Aww. The .exe wasn't in the patcher folder. I'll try it now. Sorry, because I didn't know it should be in the same folder. I remember reading it should only have the same name (in case lf2.cfg and lf2.exe, not lf2.cfg and littlef2.exe or else), didn't read anything about the need to be in the same place: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=34 -- Can you check that, please ?
Thanks given by: