Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hotmail Problem - CALLING EVERY HOTMAIL USER
Good news everyone! (Did you read that using that Futurama guy's voice? :p)

No, not really.

Anyway, I use Windows Live Hotmail as my email client (because of cbs-changing-email-client-I've-used-for-8-years-ness), and I like my emails to be automatically sorted. Luckily Hotmail has this functionality (Options => Mail => Customizing Hotmail => Rules for sorting new messages).

I have been using this function for quite a while. Basically you create rules, and Hotmail moves emails into certain specified folders if they match a specified criterion as you receive them. I have 24 of them currently.

The Problem
On the "Rules for sorting new messages" page, pressing the "New" button does not seem to have an effect. It doesn't take me to a new page. It doesn't do anything on GOOGLE CHROME, INTERNET EXPLORER and MOZILLA FIREFOX.

I am wondering if any Hotmail user has encountered this issue before, and if they are willing to post a solution if they have one.
Hiding users' signatures and avatars was the best decision ever.
4ye 6anDy (Click to View)
We're watching you... (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
Solution: Google how to setup gmail to grab emails off hotmail, create filters in gmail which actually work (http://blogs.howtogeek.com/mysticgeek/20...l-account/ first link i saw, may or may not be outdated)

Better solution: Ditch hotmail completely and move to gmail.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
Best solution: Listen to Silva :P

As for my part: The New button doesn't work for me either. Maybe you need Hotmail+ to do that? Maybe this link could help you out more?

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_do_i_cr...tmail.html

I really don't know :P
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
It works for me (just tried) and I've never experienced any problems with it. Actually I don't see a difference between different email clients since they're all automatically transported to mac mail and email on my phone...
Thanks given by:
OK. Microsoft just isn't being careful enough; I looked in their Help Centre, and indeed this problem had been acknowledged. They even said they'd fix it, but ofc I'm not going to wait, so I guess I will
(07-23-2011, 02:18 PM)Lord Silva Wrote:  Ditch hotmail completely and move to gmail.

~Solved
Hiding users' signatures and avatars was the best decision ever.
4ye 6anDy (Click to View)
We're watching you... (Click to View)
Thanks given by: