Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] Ball hitted in air problem.
Well, i have problem with this dynamite throw of my new char bonu.
Here is a picture that helps me to explain what's wrong:
[Image: prblm.png]
1. This is how it should be and how it normally is, the char throws the dynamite, it flies in curve and hits the ground and explodes.
2. What can happen. Davis or any other char comes and explodes the dynamite while it's still in the air making the third
3. to happen (this is where i need help), the explosion sprites are here same as on ground so it looks stupid when the explodes' bottom is flat like it is on the ground.
-
So is there a way to make parts' 1. and 3. exploding sprites to look different?
Two hitting frames to ball or opoint to smthing else er what D: ?
Say if data is needed D:
And here is the link to the vid of the move if it helps you guys somehow:
Vid
Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
for the first U should divide the frames of the dynamite throw in to two, the first group will have the negative dvy value, and the second will have the positive dvy value. At the end of the second group there will be the first part explosion.

I think U should do do the dynamiteas a 3000 ball , the hit(frame 20) will makes it go to the frame of part 3(don't use any body for it).

Like:

frame 1
pic: x(the second pic of the dynamyte going up) dvx: 3 dvy: -3 next:2
ltr:
(what ever)
ltr_end:
frame_end:

frame 2
pic: x(the dynamyte going up pic) dvx: 3 dvy: -3 next:3
ltr:
(what ever)
ltr_end:
frame_end:

frame 3
pic: x(the dynamyte going down pic) dvx: 3 dvy: 3 next:4
ltr:
(what ever)
ltr_end:
frame_end:

frame 4
pic: x(the second dynamyte going down pic) dvx: 3 dvy: 3 next:5
ltr:
(what ever)
ltr_end:
frame_end:

frame 5
pic: x(the part 1 explosion pic) dvx: 550 dvy: 550 next: the rest of the explosion
ltr:
(what ever)
ltr_end:
frame_end:

frame 20
pic: x(the part 3 explosion pic) dvx: 550 dvy: 550 next: the rest of the explosion
ltr:
(what ever)
ltr_end:
frame_end:
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Electric2Shock
Well, if i understood right:
You are saying i should make this just normal ball (state: 3000), and use no bdy for the hit frames so no one could hit in the air?
Well yeah, atm this is normal ball (state: 3000) and this also doesn't have any bdys at hit frames, nor in the hiting frames (it can still be hitted in air).
Well it could be made so that the flying frames didn't have any bdys so it couldn't be hit in the air, but i want it to be hitable in the air D: i just want the sprites to look different :/
Taking out the bdys from flying frames is my final option if there is no solution for this problem :/
Thanks given by:
Okay then - make it so when it hits the ground it does a certain explosion (flying frames opoints the explosion).
Then when it's hit - make frame 10 and 20 and 30 the first frame of the explosion and then make a new set of frames like 50 -> onwards another explosion. So frame 10,20 and 30's next frame is 50.

Also that explosion in the video (aka firen's explosion looks fine in midair and on ground)
Thanks given by:
(07-17-2011, 06:33 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  Also that explosion in the video (aka firen's explosion looks fine in midair and on ground)
Just commenting this now:
Meh, that's just old vid, i'm making new explosions :o i don't want it to be straight copy from Firen cuz it looks kinda overpwrd? The new explosion will look more like that in the sketch i made.
E: Tried to understand your idea, understood somehow, sounds potential, trying.
Thanks given by:
cool how you're using a ball for your dynamite lol.
I used light weapons for my exploding and ice pellets for Batman.
Thanks given by:
I'd rather use an opoint (the explosion) after the hit frames, and then delete the dynamite object.

You don't need frame 10, as that would happen with an itr, which your dynamite probably doesn't have.

Frame 20 is being hit, there's where you should add the opoint (or 21 if opoint doesn't work immediately with 20).

Frame 30 opoint is optional. Depends on if you also want the "rebounding shield" type (effect: 4 at the itr) to destroy the dynamite or not.

(All of these is given that your DCing type corresponds to A-MAN's post.)
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Whaat
Thanks guys ;< it works.
I changed new oids to frame 21 and 31 and now it seems to work perfectly.
Big thanks for helping out :3
Thanks given by: