Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cheats in my country's national final exam
hmm... wonder if this is a 'story' and so should be posted in the 'Stories' section instead?

Anyway, this is what happened in last year's national final exam (the one for high schools) in my country, which really much affected my friends who graduate that year. I'm graduating next year and things doesn't seem right anymore...

My school was among the top ten (based on national final exam scores) in my country, until that year (2010-2011). Every year, many graduates (about 100) from my school get into a university called ITB (Bandung Technology Institute). That last year, only 16 succeeded and many others failed to compete with students from other schools (ITB is one of the favorite universities there is in my country).
To inform, ITB accepts students based on their scores in the report card (from each school) and their national final exam scores (from government)

The reason why they couldn't compete is because many other schools were cheating. The government said that they would increase the security of the papers, but that turns out to be a bullsh*t. The teachers from the schools which have cheated, had known all the answers, and so did their students.

In my country, in national final exam, schools must swap teachers to prevent cheats. So my teachers would go to another school and the teachers from another school will go to my school. That's how we found out cheats, though later they were in the mass medias. The students from the school my teachers were in, had already written all the answers on their forearm. My teachers eventually found it out. They reported (and asked of course) this to the school's headmaster, but they just got switched by other teachers then, and not allowed to enter the examination rooms anymore. What a cheap way to cheat!

That's how my school's rank dropped. Many students got perfect scores, dammit! And since ITB is accepting students based also on their scores from the school, many schools also give all 100 score to their students. So now, hey, there seems to be no way I'm gonna be studying in ITB D: .

My dad believed though, that ITB will change the way they accept students. Well that really makes sense, because they don't want to get stupid students into the university as well.

Just... schools should teach the students to be honest, not forcing them to cheat! Yeah, there were many cases the students reports this to many institutions, but they are all ignored. There was one case in Semarang (a city in my country) - the parents of this student always teach him to be honest, and when they hear that the school was forcing their son to cheat, they come and protest to the school, but they were, of course, ignored. They went to the Semarang governments, and even to the education department and they still got ignored. But then a reporter from a mass media met them and they were interviewed and the story was published.

Guess what happens next? The families who lived nearby, and they whose children were studying in that school got angry and drive the good family out of the region.

My teachers just said we must do our best because it'll be harder for us now. Urgh.

Well, I just can't help myself from posting this ~~~ it sucks yah you know, coz this will be really important for my life. I'd already cheered back when I was accepted to study in my current school, but things turned out really bad.

Oh yeah... I live in Indonesia so that's what I meant when I wrote 'my country'~
TEMPE
Thanks given by: Alblaka , dubbleD
Ive never cheated in school nor i will do in future =P.
Well (srry if im cynical) it is possible in this rotten world to have ideals and live with them,
but if u do so dont plan to be understood by others ^^
To be honest i dont like school at all i dont do homework nor i learn for anything (except of 10 mins before the exam) it worked out quiet good my grades are good but i get blamed for beeing lazy
And ive got a question for u: do u know whats right and whats wrong if u grow up there? i mean its possible to "feel" if someone isnt true to himself
or at least in my experience.
idk how important education is in ur country or to urself but how about not cheating and still going there?
I mean cmon if i had something in my mind i want to do id put everything into it, and in my case cheating is a no go ^^
The only thing that i rlly care about r my ideals right now they get me alot of troubles yeah but its an everyday challange which keeps me busy

regret is one horrible feeling which would haunt u ur whole life except of u start drinking or anything like that, and btw also a no go for me xD
or u couldnt care less ^^

and i know, some schools just want to do that ive already heard some rumors about parents pay a huge amount to them to add some points ._. the world is corrupted and if the book ive read is right in less than 40 years there will be war again =P i mean some bigger and more known countries ^^ technology rules~
Say Anything - Alive with the glory of love

My first char: a rudolf mod <--- waiting for comments

LF story reasonable beginning <--clicky (Dont u dare not to leave a comment!)
Story Progress (Click to View)

Fan of Jerry Hawks LF2 Fan movie, just epic animations~
Thanks given by: A-Man
yeah I'm never going to cheat even if everyone's cheating.
So does my school. That's why our school's rank dropped. Many others cheated while we don't

And the most annoying fact is... those schools were forcing their students to cheat. I'm still glad my school doesn't cheat.
Just, the biggest problem is... these scores are really important when we're going to university or finding jobs :\\
TEMPE
Thanks given by:
well then uve got 2 choices or at least 2 main choices ^^
cheat or not cheat
well u could cheat but stay at least to the truth and regret it
or not cheat and learn as hell making some tests which learn typo u r helped me ^^
and get the real score there r enough ppl who already made such goals true without cheating =p and besides ud be an honorable example for following students who r about to participate. and since u have the wish to do so do it but firstly get ur learn type xD
im myself learning thru conversations ^^ if i get something explained thru conversation (not class) ill never forget that or at least it didnt happened yet xD and i can save a huge amount of data for exams for a short time but thru the exam it will be for long time if i remember what ive learned =p

Thanks given by:
cheating isn't a choice, and in fact in my school there's a rule - anyone caught cheating in any exams will be immediately expelled - it has happened to my classmate last year and he's now studying in another school.

doesn't seem I have a choice - just need to keep going and then see if I'm in ITB. Else I can still go to other universities, though they won't be as good as ITB
TEMPE
Thanks given by:
Then good luck xD though u shldnt give urself so much pressure ^^
the best results happen when ur mind is well balanced and thats not just a fortune cookie slogan xD
the best advice i can give u for ur whole life is: hope for the best prepare for the worst =P though u wont get many surprises but at least urself wont get hurt too much

Thanks given by:
Well, I've never cheated before.
But, life is full of cheats, you have to know that. Even business men cheats.:P
This place motivates me to become an artist, this place motivates me to learn coding, this place made me grow up, showed me the ways to interact with people. Unlike the old childish of me myself, I've learned a lot and gotten some experiences. For me, it's not just a fan forum, it's a helpful community. From a noob to someone who would think before he speaks, looking back at my old post made me laugh hard, I'm grateful of the differences between these 2 years.
~Thank You All and Farewell
~Goodbye, LFE.
RIP - 14/04/2014
Thanks given by:
But it's a designed and massive cheat and the only possible fact is it comes from the government (since they were the ones to make the exams). And that teaches so many students in my country to cheat. Forcing them to cheat, that'll lead many of them to become cheaters, I believe.

Well, can't blame the students since they are forced to cheat. It's the governments' fault for letting the security down so bad, and not doing anything even until now. It is really obvious they are doing that just to earn money - I'm sure they got a very huge amount of money...
TEMPE
Thanks given by:
I feel like the people replying to this thread haven't read the opening post. First of all, the kids aren't just cheating, the are cheating with the help of the teachers who give them the answers. If everyone is given the answers to the test beforehand, then you MUST cheat. Not cheating in this situation is just plain stupid.

On the other hand, I feel like cheating without having the answers beforehand is just stupid as well. You have two options, one is copying the guy next to you, but that's stupid because everyone is an idiot. On the other hand, you can try to sneak material in, but it gets to the point were memorising what ever you need is much less hassle then preparing sh*t. Which is why I never bothered cheating.

In kevins situation though, he is screwed. Kids from other schools had the answers and he didn't. nothing you can do about that :(.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: Kevin