Poll: How do you feel about LF2-Evolution
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Excited! Can't wait for download!
62.50%
10 62.50%
Can be improved
31.25%
5 31.25%
Indifferent
0%
0 0%
Not downloading it.
6.25%
1 6.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LF2 Evolution
the only thing I want to say is that lf2 is not a first person shooter where raindrops stick to the screen and btw it looks horrible
Thanks given by:
very nicely said, oh wait.. that wasn't nice.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
Contrary to popular belief, the majority of sprites were done by me (except for Stinky). Only the basic sprites of characters (breathing, walking, etc) were started by Tino, which I indicated in the post. All else, the REST of the sprites and ALL DC is created my me. But yes, credit is given where credit is due :D

@Wiro- haha. to me it gives a fresh dynamique to lf2 gameplaying, which is weather affecting the screen.

@Whaat- You're prob referring to Tiga (blue hair guy), who is a mimic character, and copies exact duplicate attacks of heroes.

Marshall edited this post 06-23-2011 10:17 PM because:
impressive. Now i'm interested to see the final product
[Image: signaturervq.th.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Except the rain was done poorly. I'd hate to be playing and such rain takes place and my ability to fight is hampered because I can't see the screen due to plastered blue things.
Thanks given by: Bamboori , LutiChris
(06-23-2011, 10:04 PM)Evil Sonidow Wrote:  Except the rain was done poorly. I'd hate to be playing and such rain takes place and my ability to fight is hampered because I can't see the screen due to plastered blue things.

That was the point of it. The drops on the screen gives survival mode another obstacle. Wait til you seen the thunder effect heh. Here guys, this is the direction of this mod- not just endless fighting itself, but also needing to watch out for the surroundings- which is often dangerous due to poor weather, dogs, mines, etc etc
listen, many of us have been fans of LF2 for a decade, I've played it myself since 2003. But this version is meant to be different, now the traditional, relying on your fighting skills alone won't be sufficient. It's about circumstances, and other factors that will keep your awareness lurking.
Thanks given by: Simoneon
It would be awesome if the rain could affect the enemies fighting style as well lol
Thanks given by:
Dude I couldn't find that download link ;D
Can you plz give me one?
And your rain effect is way too blurry and is looking bad.
In the screenshot of it I couldn't really figure out all the players.
Thanks given by:
(06-24-2011, 06:07 AM)Sonic Boom Wrote:  Dude I couldn't find that download link ;D

He has not post any download link,because he has not uploaded it yet.
Thanks given by:
(06-23-2011, 10:09 PM)Evolution Wrote:  
(06-23-2011, 10:04 PM)Evil Sonidow Wrote:  Except the rain was done poorly. I'd hate to be playing and such rain takes place and my ability to fight is hampered because I can't see the screen due to plastered blue things.

That was the point of it. The drops on the screen gives survival mode another obstacle. Wait til you seen the thunder effect heh. Here guys, this is the direction of this mod- not just endless fighting itself, but also needing to watch out for the surroundings- which is often dangerous due to poor weather, dogs, mines, etc etc
listen, many of us have been fans of LF2 for a decade, I've played it myself since 2003. But this version is meant to be different, now the traditional, relying on your fighting skills alone won't be sufficient. It's about circumstances, and other factors that will keep your awareness lurking.

sure, go on your direction (I will most certainly try this mod, once i'll find some spare time and the DL link). however, looking at those rainpics and video, it looks more like >mercury< rain (not so shiny tho) rather than transparent (you can see thru water, no?) washing refreshing water.
Just waiting for the audio tags to become a thing
>My other musical "masterpieces"<
Thanks given by: Bamboori , LutiChris
Well the picture attached was a poor example. It actually shows rain and the fog effect working together, as you'll sometimes see this happening in the game. Rain, fog and thunder are seperate weathers, but may sometimes occur together. It's not blurry due to rain, but when it fogs. watch vid for a quick instance of just rain.
rain drops that hit the screen is not transparent, and just reflects the blue sky.

A glimpse of the mission levels soon :)
Thanks given by: