Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Char] Quill v2.0
Don't mind too much about klod's critics D: i think it's good way to start by making smthing simple like you have now made, and after progressing by making the base you can start adding details and recolor stuff like skin (atm it really is too grey) and add face.
But i like the idea, and you really are good at making ''move'', it's good thing.
Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
[Image: buftzu2ct01h858vd.png]

[Image: bufu133mvdqcgmlux.png]

his ears are under the hat

thats how i imagine it ;D
Thanks given by: Jed37
(06-17-2011, 01:02 PM)klodasmone Wrote:  I hate to tell you this (no, I don't), but it looks horrible. I tried sketching a face-pic and found a complete lack of distinct features.

Thanks for the comment! It was definitely fun to read, and I see where you're coming from. But when you think about it, if you have to try and draw a facepic for it to reveal that the character looks awful, then my character doesn't look awful.

Rant, rant, rant.
(Click to View)

@Bamboori: Sure, why not. Weasome painting. I almost want to resprite him as a cat now.
Henry David Thoreau Wrote:
Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine.
Thanks given by: shin hanazumi
go for the cat resprite :D you have my approval
Thanks given by:
No cat sprites yet, but I did add a few things since the initial release. The knives stick in the ground and can trip enemies, and you can press DJA to take off the hat and walk around throwing knives out of it until you run out of mp.
Thanks given by: Bamboori , lemonhead
(06-18-2011, 05:38 AM)Jed37 Wrote:  No cat sprites yet, but I did add a few things since the initial release. The knives stick in the ground and can trip enemies, and you can press DJA to take off the hat and walk around throwing knives out of it until you run out of mp.

That is.... too awesome
Thanks given by:
i like =D
totally awesome character. we need more characters like these. i like the ideas in particular, not too much fuss about the sprites.

just maybe a correction with some data, for taking the taking hat off move, put the 'mp' tag after the character has picked up the weapon. because sometimes i miss pressing the attack button and i lose all my mp.
:)
~its been a long time coming~
Thanks given by:
Thanks! Huh, I didn't notice that that could happen :/
Sorry about that, I'll check it when I get a chance.

Besides that, got any ideas for moves/tweaks/etc?
Thanks given by:
maybe tweaking the double knives dash attack so that it has move dvx. when i hit enemies/objects, they dont fly back but stay still

as for ideas, youve already got something good going, its great so far =P
~its been a long time coming~
Thanks given by: Jed37
I'd like to point out: If you're low on health, and use the DJA taking-off-hat move, you can basically throw knives constantly until somebody knocks you down. This is intentional. Think of it as a desperation attack.

Also, does anybody have anything else they'd like to see changed?
Thanks given by: