Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Matt] Boxer sprite preview
@lf2TimmE1:
When you say a dodge, do you mean more like the 'lean' functions you'd get on games such as fight night? Thinking about it, it might not really work in terms of z axis I wouldn't think. However it'd be good to move out of reach of punches and stuff from behind or the front.

Judging by the fact it'd be difficult, it could be possible to implement the same idea into a dodge (I'm assuming thats more what you thought now TimmE). Rather than pressing J and a direction key, an idea could be to hold down the 'd' or defend button. Then when you press a direction, it will consume say maybe 50mp (yay can chain link 5-10 dodges, if you exclude the mana regain). That way the character avoids harm entirely or recieves only a small amount of damage if he gets caught mid dodge).

Sounds like a fair enough idea, should be worth looking into actually.

@AKA_Mathieu:
Another idea for you to possibly use, which could actually be beneficial for a completely boxing character is to actually implement the lean idea. Rather than using it to avoid attacks, use it to maybe start the combo for the attacks? So you can use say D+>+A to lean forwards, then A to hit the first attack in that combo. Or similarly, you can use that and then D to quickly dive or dodge out of the way before Davis unleashes a dragon punch. The leans can then be done to different sides, different punches and combinations come from the different leans and inputs.

Bit of a weird idea, but I think it'd be fairly epic?

Sorry if I didn't read back far enough and someone already posted this.

Eddie

Edit: Southpaw stance just means that your weaker hand is the one infront, it doesn't actually make that much difference as to whether you punch more with that hand. The weakness in Southpaw really is that whoever uses their weaker hand that much more often doesn't get an advantage overall.

Like everyone said, one hand is slightly unrealistic except for power punches.

Are you going to throw in hooks? The moves I imagine would be of a similar nature to Deeps charging attack or Davis' punching combo.

I would definately throw in more strong hand punches, personality wise or not. If he wants personality, it should rather be shown on the sprite clothes and face, rather than how many left handed punches he can throw. I'm also a massive fan of Bamboori's idea, in which you can switch which hand and footing you lead with.

Southpaw = Epic for those who know what to do with it. But in the cases where the left hand is used to often, could be crucial.

Eddie again!
One day, I shall become, TUTORIAL-MAN: Superhero of writing overly long, overly annoying tutorials which most people probably won't read, but will give it a stab at the first 5 lines!
Thanks given by:
People talk about dodge, but no one shows any examples D: so i made this quick version to show you the idea i mean by dodge.
[Image: dodge.jpg]
1. Stance, 2. Press D, start spinning, goes forward, 3. spins and goes forward, 4. back to stance.
So he would make 360* spin and when spinning, no one could hit him. So at point 2 and 3 there wouldn't be any bdys at the data so he could ''dodge'' all incoming balls + get closer to enemy to punch him.
This is how i think it, and i really like the idea D:
E. Bamb:
Nice idea.
E2. Reaper:
That is where i got the idea D:
Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by: Eddie
maybe make him only turn by 180 degree by hitting a button to avoid close attacks and get behind the enemy
Thanks given by: Whaat
Thought I'd throw this out here as another dodge example:
[Image: spinelbowj.gif]
Made by Apocalipsis.

As for the 'right hand-left hand' thing: I think it's fine when he uses just one hand to do the normal punches, but for the uppercut he should use the other one.
Thanks given by: Whaat , Bamboori
get inspired by these (also take a look at the others) videos ;)
http://youtu.be/orQW9RFB4RY

+ Balrog Sprites will be usefull
[Image: BalrogPunch.gif]
[Image: torpedopunch1.gif]
[Image: OverheadPunch.gif]

just squeeze them a little smaller than this and take them as a reference/base
[Image: Balrog_MF_1f.gif]

Thanks given by:
Good afternoon (/morning/ evening /night) everyone!

Yes I'm back!

Well; I was very busy lastly so I couldn't spend time on my projet. I left Ecuatorial Guinea and I moved to France, so new home, new work, new new...
After two months of nothing, I worked on this character again ... and voila!

I did the walking frames in a different way, because what I did earlier didn't work in game.

[Image: 604611hectorwalking.jpg]

first special move: Rearpunch
very cheap (MP), with it you always have a strong attack.
[Image: 870038hectorrearpunch.jpg]

Running attack
I use the same sprites for another special move a mid-ranged rear punch.
[Image: 385927hectorrunattack.jpg]

As I started DC, i'll post in the Projects section a beta version in order to test it in game.

Criticism, advices, tips or supports are welcome ;)
THX!!!
Thanks given by:
Rearpunch's sprite ''order'' would maybe be better like this:
1,3,2,4 If you want to make the punch look fast, you want to make the punching sprite before hand goes back.
But if you want to keep it ''slower'' use the order you have now (1,2,3,4) where the hand preparing is before the punch.
E. And it's great you are back :3
Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by: AKA_Mathieu
@whaaat: hey!! You are right!

I tried your order (1,3,2,4) That looks better.
Thank you

@ everyone:
Then, I posted a beta version for test: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=7106

fell free to check it ;)
Thanks given by: