Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sprites for first char: Drahcir (i know they suck)
Anyway, heres the new first spritesheet (im not changing the sword, srry hm)
.bmp   deep_0.bmp (Size: 438.55 KB / Downloads: 229)
FOLLOW THE RULES!

LFE Forum Rules (Click to View)
Grand Fonic Hymn - Orchestral Arrangement. Arranged by me. I promise it's not horribad.
Thanks given by:
The new blue clothes he has is now much better coloured. That's not bad, and yes I can tell you used photofiltre. I noticed a few of the pants are still coloured yellow though. Also, it is better to make the effort to colour the sprite individually instead of all at once, so that some colours (look at the skin of Deep's face! It's bluish-yellow and it looks weird) won't look weird.

The sword, I know, is not changed. But I can give you some suggestions how. Your sword only consists of two colours, so it does not look good. If you want to make a good effect, take a look at davis' energy ball sprites. Notice that the blue energy ball is mixed with lots of different variations of the blue colour, from white, to a lighter blue, to a darker blue colour. Apply that to the sword, and the effect of the sword would be MUCH better.

Do not ALWAYS use the brush tool in paint. Make the effort to use the pencil ; it is your best friend. I know its tedious, but good sprites are those that have effort in them.

I will attach a picture to show you what I mean.

Okay! Here's an example. It's not very hard work, pretty simple, but I got a little bit lazy at the end. Now, this is considered only average, but admit it: It looks MUCH better than the original. Notice how the sword has the effect, and it now looks more like a glowing light than just a piece if blue paint with white paint inside.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
Much better now, just do the things BP suggested and give the hair some shading and you got a new Deep!
(Oh yes, if you will do a complete skin for Deep in this theme, change the ball to a blue colour.)
| Metaknight | G-types | Bottle Skinz | Companion Cube | Art Gallery |
"Do not grieve, it is logical. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."
- Mr. Spock
"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken"
- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
Thanks given by:
Much better... but the lightsaber needs to have an effect, from bright to dark.
If at first you don't succeed, you're probably not going skydiving again.
Thanks given by:
How's this?
.bmp   deep_standing.bmp (Size: 18.8 KB / Downloads: 203)
FOLLOW THE RULES!

Grand Fonic Hymn - Orchestral Arrangement. Arranged by me. I promise it's not horribad.
Thanks given by:
MUCH better... but, at the end it looks like it's...blurred or something.
Thanks given by:
yeah, it's supposed to be.
FOLLOW THE RULES!

Thanks given by:
Sorry I didn't explain it properly- The sword looks a it Grainy (can't explain with words & I cant make any etter either)
Thanks given by:
His Jeans look a bit green and not really match with the shirt.
Just a suggestion: how about having black jeans?
Thanks given by:
Actually, what the heck. I'll just borrow someone's deep-skin, give credit, and add a lightsaber.
FOLLOW THE RULES!

Thanks given by: