Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tut] Apply CFG Patches using HEX Editor.
Hey guys, this is my first tutorial regarding some small aspects of HEX, the CFG. Many of you guys know to apply CFG's using the Patcher, some such as Lord Silva know to apply them through HEX because he keeps making them. But some people are keeping me asking about that how to apply CFG's using a HEX Editor. This is especially for the ones with modified EXE's such as CE-LF2.
P.S: Never use this tutorial on Moleboxed exe's such as NTSD.
Also do not mind to use this tutorial unless it is a very small CFG or a modified EXE. Please have a little bit mercy to me as becuase it is my first HEX tutorial. I did not post this in the Tutorials section becuase I was not allowed to. Feedback is welcome.
[Image: icyboards-ad-468x60.gif]
Thanks given by: chonkasaurusbotato
seems like a good tutorial for people who are newbies
Thanks given by:
No. This is extremely unhelpful, maybe even detrimental. You see, using a hex editor to change anything except colors or strings is stupid, because you have no idea what the hex translates to. The only reason I released things in such a way was for distribution purposes, to make it possible for people to apply my patches without understanding or knowing how to use Olly/Cheatengine.

The only difference between applying changes with a hex editor rather than using the CFG patcher is that it takes longer. That is it. Both ways teach you nothing.

This tutorial is detrimental because it will convince newbies that they are actually learning/doing something. Opening up the exe and changing random numbers which you don't understand is not how you learn.

like for example such videos are much more useful for learning
~ Phil
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Actually, I didnt say that it is a learning thing. You know, the thing is on core-edited exe's is more likely not to be patched. And also, many times the Patcher develops bugs and doesnt patch anything rather than just spoiling up everything. Well, anybody delete this tutorial if it is useless.
[Image: icyboards-ad-468x60.gif]
Thanks given by:
whats hex editing what prog ram is it

Thanks given by:
the program used for the term "hex editing" is a hex editor.
There are many programs which can be clarified as hex editor, such as:
hex editor mx
hex workshop

for a more complete list search google or if you are too lazy, click this link
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by: