Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Forum Rules
[] 
It has been proved that the Forum Rules from March 8, 2008 were becoming completely obsolete in coping with current situations. Therefore, we (staff) have gathered to agree upon a new set of rules.

I strongly urge you to read them carefully: [Image: icon1.gif] Forum Rules

After a grace period of roughly a week, these rules will be enforced to their full extent.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
my fav is rule#2... some people should think carefully before posting something idiotic... just irritates me
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
and in a more strict manner if i might add. So reading is a must, if you don't well it's your problem.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by: prince_freeza
you should be able to get a warning for not reading the rules

and the thing in brackets meant warning percent and ban time?

The Lost Global Mod edited this post 01-15-2011 12:49 PM because:
yep
Thanks given by:
Quote:Rule 1: English only (+10%, 1 week)
The forum is a meeting place for people from any nation to talk and have fun. Therefore, to ensure that everybody is able to participate and understand you, please stick to English with proper spelling and grammar.
I think you should scratch the "proper spelling and grammar" part.
If you were actually to enforce it, then people like betitngoan would have to be instantly banned.

Quote:Spam (posts that contain literally no useful information at all), off-topic discussion, gravedigs (posting in threads that have been inactive for several weeks) or generally senseless posts (posts that are hard or impossible to understand) of any form won't be accepted.
1. To forbid offtopic discussion is a little too strict. Seeing as you lack a place where people could discuss anything (like a Chatroom thread), sometimes you simply can't avoid commetning on someone else's post.

2. Be more specific about gravedigging. Several weeks is too loose, set a fixed amount of time and stick to it.

3. You forgot double, triple etc. posting.

Other than that, good job and I hope you will manage to enforce the rules as promised.
Thanks given by: Alblaka , Jernemies , snorsorbet , Electric2Shock
1. you have the pm system for it.
2. we wanted to leave some room. Several weeks is good enough. As said already in the rules, we have to judge it mainly (as backseat moderation is forbidden)
3. thats more of a educational thing. I mean normally if you double post you have a good reason. If not its spam anyways.

proper spelling part - with that is ment that it should be understandable. Everyone understands betit by now so I see no problem.

Thanks given by:
(01-15-2011, 01:27 PM)Phil Wrote:  1. you have the pm system for it.
2. we wanted to leave some room. Several weeks is good enough. As said already in the rules, we have to judge it mainly (as backseat moderation is forbidden)
3. thats more of a educational thing. I mean normally if you double post you have a good reason. If not its spam anyways.

proper spelling part - with that is ment that it should be understandable. Everyone understands betit by now so I see no problem.
1. No, I would like a place where I can discuss things with several people, and it is public.
2. Everybody has his own definiton of "several". If you don't clear it up, people will complain. If you warn me for gravedigging, I can argue back saying several for me means something else than several for you.
3. I can make 4 posts in a row saying relevant and sensible things. Is that alright then?

Spelling part: Then it's no problem if you scratch it, right? It only causes confusion.
Thanks given by:
All this is solved if you have COMMON sense.

If you insist on this useless nitpicking, then I'll spell it out black and white:
Certain degree of offtopicness is hard to avoid. Everyone knows that. A couple of posts in exchange is fine, but when it exceeds that and you would love to discuss it at greater detail and length, open a new topic in the relevant section. Not rocket science... Oh, did I mention there's this crazy little thing called the IRC?
True that everyone has different interpretations of the word "several", but everyone knows that it's more than a "couple". Most of the time, there's nothing significant to add anyway if the thread has died out after two weeks. If you have that Eureka moment after "several weeks", then feel free to post and we'll decide for you whether the content is significant enough to stay or not. Other than time and quality of content, other minor factors come into play as well. Is the member still active? Is the project still alive? Again, common sense. Obviously if you are posting 3 months after the thread has died out and the author is no longer active, then you really have issues in several departments.
As for the last point, it comes down to common sense again. If the interval between the posts are too short, then obviously double, triple (and etc) posting is not allowed.

I think Phil could claim medication money from you by the way.
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
I have common sense, but not every newcomer has it aswell, so I suggest you to write the things you posted in the rules, so you won't have to explain everything all over again when someone questions these rules.

If you leave the rules imperfect, it only creates more work for you.

And where is the IRC, if I may ask? I don't see the button in the top of the page anymore.
Thanks given by:
^
which would make the rules insanely long and nobody would read them anymore.
that's our problem isn't it?
you can download a irc client or use this one here http://webchat.freenode.net/
just put #lfe as channel.
Thanks given by: