Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CHAR] Eta
Ahhh, i see the problem... May i should have written

' Wrote:LIKE her brother, she is capable
My bad, i guess ^^
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
(12-19-2010, 11:23 AM)Alblaka Wrote:  That sums up ^^'
let me count then:
9 orbs
+1 character file
+9 t3
+9 hit detections
=28
(+7 t3 for various moves i assume)

looks like a good set to practice merging files without loss of functionality

(12-19-2010, 11:23 AM)Alblaka Wrote:  And hey, people went hyped as i gave them Cleric with his 30 moves... then they awwww'd as Sharn only had 12+... and now i give them wooping 40 and people are complaining again XD
all original characters have no more than 4 special moves
thats the amount you can effectivley use in a fight
Thanks given by:
(12-19-2010, 01:11 PM)YinYin Wrote:  looks like a good set to practice merging files without loss of functionality
Again, i splitted some of the files ON INTENTION to make them easier readable.
Ofc i could bash most of them into 2-3 398-frames files, but who wants to use/read that?

(12-19-2010, 01:11 PM)YinYin Wrote:  all original characters have no more than 4 special moves
thats the amount you can effectivley use in a fight

*points at invisible-multistarthrowing-cloning-transforming-leaping Rudolph*

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
(12-19-2010, 01:18 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  *points at invisible-multistarthrowing-cloning-transforming-leaping Rudolph*

i knew you would bring up something like that
however i said special moves
that does not include everything on a complicated button input

move1: clones
move2: invisibility
move3: copying
move4: mulitple stars

the leap attack doesnt even require mana - its a cool and useful feature but not a special move in that sense
(and even with it that is still only five - nowhere near the double digit)

you couldve used a better anti example tho - but i can prove you wrong on every one of them :p

edit:
(12-19-2010, 01:18 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  Again, i splitted some of the files ON INTENTION to make them easier readable.
Ofc i could bash most of them into 2-3 398-frames files, but who wants to use/read that?
i understand
but i dont think it would be a problem if you structure the files properly (the frames inside)
Thanks given by:
(12-19-2010, 01:23 PM)YinYin Wrote:  
(12-19-2010, 01:18 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  Again, i splitted some of the files ON INTENTION to make them easier readable.
i understand
but i dont think it would be a problem if you structure the files properly (the frames inside)

K, but in my oppinion it's easier to work with smaller (50-100) frames files then with big ones, even if those are properly structurized.

But that's probably personal preference ^^

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
>And hey, people went hyped as i gave them Cleric with his 30 moves... then they awwww'd as Sharn only had 12+... and now i give them wooping 40 and people are complaining again XD
depends on who you want to please really.

The hoard? The select few or yourself? You don't get paid ;)
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:

sounds like ur comp sci classes r starting to manipulate u into a mindless zombie engineer :p! writing code for "readability" rather than efficiency ;)

(12-17-2010, 06:55 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  Btw, please refrain from posting "Ow, looks great, i'll download it!" but rather FIRST download it and THEN post. If possible even add a "think" between both steps ;)

sadly not possible :)

on topic:
you should consider putting the all the files in one "eta" folder and then sticking that folder somewhere - fits better with ur whole "organization" style

the char its self is quite fun and while the idea is interesting i just feel like it is over kill (imho)
im incapable of remembering which combination does what and how much mana each move uses - this causes me to press random buttons to make the orbs do things(and since every combination does something - it usually works out eventually).

the readme is longer than ur post... u cant expect anyone to read it :D
Thanks given by:
indeed lf2 is lack of female characters,
its great that uve created one,
but it would be better if its a true new character,
for she still looks like jan.

Shed be wonderful if you would just change her hair.
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2011, 06:17 PM)injured Wrote:  Shed be wonderful if you would just change her hair.

Probably, but my spriting "skills" are far below zero ^^
The best i could do would be C&Ping the hair of another char, but as stated already, she is the only female character (thus, with female hair) XD

And as i generally don't pay much attention to sprites i dunno whether i could actually motivate myself to do it IF i had a fitting hair sprite...

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2011, 07:04 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  The best i could do would be C&Ping the hair of another char, but as stated already, she is the only female character (thus, with female hair) XD

You know, that just gave me an idea. You should go "collaborate" with a skilled spriter. Why in apostrophes?
We/I/you know that you suck at spriting but do decently on copypasting. So, what if you grab somebody who can sprite and ask the person to draw a couple (female) heads that you can then paste onto Jan. 5-10 poses for the head should be more than enough.

How does that sound?
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: