Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Char] Clide
Clide Is Finished! Try him out and let us know what you think.

[Image: Clide.jpg]

Final Release

[Image: clide_s.jpg]

Created by:
Trickityhouses (Main Idea, Sprites, DC)
Yinyin (DC, Ideas)

Check out some of my other stuff at
http://trickityhouses.deviantart.com
http://the3rd.smackjeeves.com/

Check out Yinyin's stuff at
http://yinyin.exofire.net/index.php?current=home.html

[Image: clide_f-2.jpg]

Clide is a close ranged fighter. Works best in small battles as his
attacks can't range very well and doesnt have a huge area attack.
His combos are deadly and he is pretty fast. Explosive Strike can
deal insane damage if you land it in the sweet spot which is the palm.

Mess with him if you like, everything is fair game. Give some
credits though.

Enjoy!

Sprites ------------------------------------------------------------------
MOVES:

D>A Energy Blast (mp 65)
Shoots 2 energry blast that move very fast. Low damage and
fades after a short distance. Can continuous fire with A..A..A..

DvA Quick Strikes (mp 75)
3 hit combo. Can chain into Air Kicks

D^A Explosive Strike (mp 250)
Strikes with explosive power. Can absorb a few hits while
striking. The Strike is extermely deadly but has to hit spot
on. There is a CRITICAL zone that does insane damage. But has a
tiny hit zone.

D>J Slide (mp 75)
fast moving slide attack. Can end with a Super Kick and be
chained or canceled into Air Kicks.

D^J Air Kicks (mp 25)
leaps into the air and kicks twice.

DOWNLOAD CLICK HERE

Thanks! And Enjoy!

Old Stuff
v0.02
v0.01
Original Post
[Image: 3rdslim.jpg]
[Image: DAslim.jpg]
[Image: Rocky.jpg]
[Image: Clidebanner.jpg]

dont make him blast energy, he would be much more original as pure kung-fu character. maybe add special effects via t3 for his moves like in tekken etc.

also i suggest making huge combos, like d>a,a,j,a,a,j,a,d^a,a,j,a,dja etc.
use all kinds of kenpou if possible :P

maybe he could even get so many moves that he needs more than one file for his data :D (i would be happy to do the dc if no one else wants)
Thanks given by: Trickityhouses , Taniaetc
Wow man, amazing!
The ball attack seems like a pretty good idea, if it's supposed to fly fast then you might extend the tail of the ball a bit. But no... don't make the 3-5 bullets spread. Doesn't sound very good I think.

But hey, I'm very excited you're bringing some fresh wind into the projects section again!
Thanks given by: Trickityhouses , Simoneon
out of all the designs, I thought Clide stood out the least to me :P (really like the one with the weird floating squares and the one with the red mask).

Anyway, his running totally screams Dennis before I even got the chance to see those greyscaled Dennis below. Would be nice if you can improve it

>dragon claw style
focusing on this style for attacks would be a good idea
not sure about the Energy Blasts... kungfu =/= energy blasts

EDIT: Given the pretty good quality of the sprites, if you finished all the basic moves, I'm sure it would be a lot easier to find someone to properly commit in helping you with DC
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by: Trickityhouses , betitngoan
(12-11-2010, 05:45 PM)Trickityhouses Wrote:  Also I don't plan to do the DC I'll probably do some basic stuff but for the more complicated stuff I dont think I want to. Rocky's Dc was a pain. (hes still not done :( )

i would love to - and i still have to reserve some time for rocky - he deserves being perfect

(12-11-2010, 06:08 PM)Lauli Wrote:  But no... don't make the 3-5 bullets spread. Doesn't sound very good I think.

on first thought i would agree/ also thought a spread is pretty lame
but if it disappears on a short range like deeps blast it might be ok (turning the whole thing into a short ranged energy shock wave)
the gfx would need to be different tho so the single projectiles can connect to each other graphically

other than that i would recommend making him shoot two of them almost simultanously (with both hands) as they are so small (taking the double fist super punch as reference here)
give them a little delay so they dont hit at the exact same time

(12-11-2010, 06:12 PM)Marshall Wrote:  out of all the designs, I thought Clide stood out the least to me :P (really like the one with the weird floating squares and the one with the red mask).

well better keep the ball low for practise so the other ones can become even better

(12-11-2010, 06:12 PM)Marshall Wrote:  Anyway, his running totally screams Dennis before I even got the chance to see those greyscaled Dennis below. Would be nice if you can improve it

just what i thought too
a good start would be tilting his head

(12-11-2010, 06:12 PM)Marshall Wrote:  Given the pretty good quality of the sprites, if you finished all the basic moves, I'm sure it would be a lot easier to find someone to properly commit in helping you with DC

given that hes already proven that he can finish a lot by himself and he also said that he will do the basic dc stuff and only get help on the complex things i dont think there is any problem at all
Thanks for the feedback. Some good ideas here.

(12-11-2010, 07:43 PM)YinYin Wrote:  i would love to - and i still have to reserve some time for rocky - he deserves being perfect

Cool beans :)

(12-11-2010, 07:43 PM)YinYin Wrote:  
(12-11-2010, 06:08 PM)Lauli Wrote:  But no... don't make the 3-5 bullets spread. Doesn't sound very good I think.

on first thought i would agree/ also thought a spread is pretty lame
but if it disappears on a short range like deeps blast it might be ok (turning the whole thing into a short ranged energy shock wave)
the gfx would need to be different tho so the single projectiles can connect to each other graphically

other than that i would recommend making him shoot two of them almost simultanously (with both hands) as they are so small (taking the double fist super punch as reference here)
give them a little delay so they dont hit at the exact same time

I like the idea of a fading shot. That sounds cool. I'll have to edit the ball for that fade effect. this will keep him a short ranged fighter with slight distance.

(12-11-2010, 06:12 PM)Marshall Wrote:  Anyway, his running totally screams Dennis before I even got the chance to see those greyscaled Dennis below. Would be nice if you can improve it

Yeah I think I'll end up changing it, Dennis's run is so awkward. I have a good idea for his running animation.

(12-11-2010, 06:08 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  use all kinds of kenpou if possible.

Kenpo is so cool. I just looked p some vids on youtube. I might sneak some in as a combo or something.
[Image: 3rdslim.jpg]
[Image: DAslim.jpg]
[Image: Rocky.jpg]
[Image: Clidebanner.jpg]

Thanks given by:
It's really an awesome hairstyle. It would be interesting if u produce us some gif of running and punching frames. then we can know how it looks like in-game. Other than that MARVELOUS!.
(12-11-2010, 05:45 PM)Trickityhouses Wrote:  Let me know what you think and what Ideas for attacks he should have. Remember its like awesome kung fu stuff.

watch Jet-Li movies XD!!
Thanks given by: Trickityhouses
i think that is better that you do not put ball at this character.
he will be more interesing if he have a lot of movies.he should have combinations buttons like d>j j(a) or dja aaa.good luck in your character.

Thanks given by: Trickityhouses
nice,clean and simple. +1 man ;)
way to go into my originals list.
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
love the character! one of those i await for near darius and zack ;)

wait what? ._.

Marshall edited this post 12-13-2010 08:52 PM because:
I can't wait for Zack too :P