Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tutorial] Fire brush
here is a simple tut that should hopefully help some of you people who have trouble getting fire to look nice

[Image: firetutorial.png]
-
-
Note: i never actually mention anywhere that it was for spriting LF2-style flames. There are already a few. This is just my way, and this can be used for backgrounds and non-lf2 things.

Also good for energy effects, if you choose green or blue etc.

It works well if you use a mouse too. If you have any questions ill be happy to answer them (duh).

Also, im not sure if it works for other programs, though GIMP and Paint.net probably have something similar.
Nice tutorial. The flames with different brush-settings look totally awesome. I shall try out that method. I never bothered messing with add and multiply modes, but maybe I should.
Everythings easy to follow and understandable, so a + there. You might want to add a little example of how to turn a fire blast done with this method into an LF2-sprite, though. Just erasing the darker parts of the flame. I mean, while there are various tutorials on burning pics, there aren't that many for blasts or flames, so another one isn't redundant at all.
Nice work, really.
Quote:Also, im not sure if it works for other programs, though GIMP and Paint.net probably have something similar.
GIMP definitely has, though there aren't as many presets.
Thanks given by: Taniaetc , betitngoan
awesome
i will make a lot of effect !!
thank !! alec

i need 100 thank button for alec post

Alectric edited this post 11-28-2010 05:41 AM because:
you're welcome ;D
sorry 4 my bad eng
[Image: stand-10_zpse8943b33.gif][Image: walk-11_zps3a4de3e2.gif][Image: att-3_zps48065cd2.gif]

Thanks given by:
wow
thanks dude its awesome
its realy good
here is what i made with this tut :D
[Image: 1291360365.png]
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: Alectric , snorsorbet
Wow!This is so nice and easy!
It is quite fun by messing around with it.
Feel free to check out My Sprites
"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
Thanks given by:
[Image: box0aa3fss9czc0x2.png]-wet media[Image: box0ahpymfn8f5q5i.png]-ordinary[Image: box0apewz4v9blcpy.png]-natural[Image: box0b50vtbtxg5p5y.png]
good!
Thanks given by:
:thumbs up: 
Great Man!!!!
It really helped me!!!
Thnx Buddy!
I never knew photoshop cs3 could be so useful!
~ alphafighters

New Mod being developed by me :-
Little Fighter Legacy (Click to View)
[Image: ubd7694.png]

Thanks given by:
amazing! i suck at photoshop i hate it >_< yhis wil be surely usefull even outside lf2 THX! ;)

Alectric edited this post 12-26-2010 01:53 AM because:
Corel Painter has the exact same brush!
thats where i got inspiration to make this one!
Thanks given by: