Poll: PM on reputation?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
64.29%
18 64.29%
No.
35.71%
10 35.71%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reputation Notification
I got a few reputations in the last days and there seems to be a bug:
There are always TWO messages be sent per reputation.

Now, i can't tell whether the guys repping me may sent and then resent their rep, but i wouldt doubt that and firstly blame the system :D

@vvv: Now, if the other 2 guys did same/similar, the problem would be solved ^^'

got 1 this time round ~ Marshall

Marshall edited this post 11-09-2010 05:35 PM because:
Doubt it's a bug. I resent mine because I wanted to add one word to the comments part, so I deleted one and added it again
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
My idea seems to be useful to people.
Feel free to check out My Sprites
"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
Thanks given by:
@Alb: unlikely that it's a "bug" as you described it. The way I programmed it, one PM will be sent every time a reputation-comment is being submitted. So, a new comment is being treated equal to an edited comment.

Ergo: unfixable as there is nothing to fix :p
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Alblaka
I didn't know there was a reputation on being internet famous until some girly individuals started annoying me with their comments like: "You're a useless, unproductive donkey who swears a lot and insults my virginity. Now I'm gonna go to my mommy and cry on her chest because I'm an innocent baby. Boohoohoo~"

Now to the main question: how to disable this thing?
Thanks given by: Drahcir
(11-11-2010, 02:14 PM)paschendale Wrote:  Now to the main question: how to disable this thing?

Disable what?
The reputation PM, the reputatin system or the persons behavior you're talking about?

Since the majority of the LFE just voted to implement the PM, it won't be disabled, i think.

The reputation system was once dis- and reenabled for the sake of reputation abuses. Since (besides a random guy with 1 post who rated people -1 for "teach me how to dc") there aren't any abuses i don't think it will be disabled again, as well.

And for the behavior discribed: Probably that person is somewhat oversensitive... or you just did as he/she stated and should probably rethink your forum behavior ^^

Imo it's fine as it's now...
love to -1 bots :D

edit: lol
I got Ninja'd by a banhammer XD
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
I know we don't always get along so well as we both have our own feelings and opinions. That's normal, but if you would excuse yourself of such crude comments, I will tell you how to disable it.

The staff has been particularly lenient towards you in the past few days, but you've been breaching the forum rules on multiple occasions:

1) Use of explicit language
2) Direct verbal attack on certain users
3) Posting images of disturbing content (towards the younger population)

Such actions are not meant to be tolerated at all times and I would like to remind you these negative influences are NOT appreciated on this board. If your behaviour and attitude does not improve later on, you will receive a permanent IP ban and in the mean time, if you are even thinking of creating another account during this temp ban, the door of chances would be slammed shut straight away.

Give me a call next time you decide to get all forward-thinking again.
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by: Alblaka , ~Dome~ , snorsorbet , chase123 , Lauli , SirFrog , Taniaetc , Drahcir