Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Member Of The Month
if many people nominate you, and their reasons are valid, sure why not.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2010, 06:44 PM)chase123 Wrote:  Will minor members like me ever become member of the month?
definitely. No one's preventing you from doing cool stuff and being majorly helpful. You need not to be super active and post 20 posts a day either. Just unleash a bomb that will do all the talking for you and before you know it, you'll be there.

you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
I will make it short and simple, so listen up guys and girls!

regarding MOTM:

- Next month's up. Any ideas for the next one? Then place a pm in my inbox!
- names posted in this thread will not be accepted.
- you have 30 hours to think about it.
- if you are not pleased with the outcome its your fault for not sending me a pm.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by: Silverthorn
Alright, ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to announce that I finally finished coding the motm-system. From now on, you will not need to send any PMs to anybody but you can suggest a member directly! For your own convenience, I placed the suggest-link pretty far at the top of the page: hit me.

It would be great if you could post your suggestions up there. No limits whatsoever. Make your voice count :)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: symaroth1
Code:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1064 - Fehler in der SQL-Syntax. Bitte die korrekte Syntax im Handbuch nachschlagen bei 't forget the various background, fanarts and sprites done by this great artist! ' in Zeile 6
Query:
    INSERT INTO `mybb_motm_suggest` (`uid`, `suid`, `reason`, `timestamp`) VALUES ( '15', '1457', 'Being an admin of LFE alone would just be enough for anyone to get nominated as MOTH, because these guys actually do everything to keep this community running and make everything possible. However, BP goes even one step further and is THE main source for updating / extending / repairing the website, the forum and pretty much else, as well. AND, to add even more: Don't forget the various background, fanarts and sprites done by this great artist! The skill-level of these art pieces surely exceeds 9000, if not even more... Now, these are enough reasons to actually make him MOTM 3 times in a row. If somebody becomes MOTM, why not BP? Any of the mods, answering to a "add this to LFE"-request: "Most likely it's possible, but it all depends on whether BP actually has the time to implement it. Nirvana Neron: "Never got to thank you for the Black Theme. I think I've falling in love with the forum color. Excellent job on the themes! " Divisor: "Finally, you have brought back the rep system so I can tell you how awesome admin you are"', '1291320363' );
Sry ^^'

Btw, everytime i click into the "Type text here" window, it clears itself... Nice try ^^

edit @ vvv: Now... it say it accepted the entry, though you're not appearing on that list ^^'

edit @ 2nd vvv: :D So it's not a bug, but a feature XD

edit @ 3rd vvv: Now, that's the "feature"-Definition 99% of all Game Studios are using everywhere either way ^^ F.e. Respawn-Time was once a problem with the PC needing some time to re-prepare the spawn settings... now it's a feature "to balance gameplay".

Silverthorn edited this post 12-03-2010 01:12 PM because:
It's a separate list that's invisible to the majority so that others cannot read what each and everyone wrote. Basically, it is to avoid flaming to a certain extent ("heh, why did you suggest this dude and not me?! You suck"-messages and friends). Just checked, it's really in there ;)
--
The feature which has been buggy has been turned into a full feature :p
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
good job guys

Simoneon edited this post 05-25-2012 05:08 PM because:
Please, do not revive old threads. I advise you to read the forums rules before posting.
Thanks given by:
Quote:The specified user has already been Member of the Month!
so what?
new month new game!

i know having the award probably decreases the chances of getting it again, to be fair for other users
but suggestions should still be allowed
Thanks given by:
Originally, I planned the system in a way that users may only receive this award once. Thus, it was fairly useless to suggest a motm'd person. Until now...

Over in the vip-zone, we've come to the conclusion to change plans. Now, people are able to receive this award multiple times. The code dealing with the suggestions has been updated accordingly, so this shouldn't be an issue anymore. As with any updates, please report any bugs you might encounter.

Happy suggesting :p

Thanks given by: Gespenst
How many time users can suggest member now.
Its just one member for suggesting.
Or multiple members like voting?
Useful
Thanks given by:
(06-21-2012, 07:14 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  How many time users can suggest member now.
Assuming I understood you correctly, each user can suggest any member. He doesn't have any limits, so you could technically suggest the whole forum. If you have submitted a suggestion and want to alter it, you can simply submit another suggestion, it'll be put in front of your original suggestion (ex: you suggest testuser with a description like "test123" and then suggest him again with, let's say, "asdf", the info stored in the database will be "asdf; test123". In an update, I'll probably make the page display your suggestions so that it gets a little less weird :p

(06-21-2012, 07:14 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  Its just one member for suggesting.
Or multiple members like voting?
There is no direct voting taking place. A handful of people are able to see the suggestions made and base their decision on whom to bestow the award upon on that. Many people suggesting --> motming becomes likely, few people suggesting but with good reasonings --> motming also becomes likely.

Thanks given by: