Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
[released][char]: Reaper.
Seems as if all of you don't really like normal, weak characters, but he is finished! Would be nice if someone could comment him... Or at least download him :D Its very depressing if i see the download counter on 6 and no coments in here.
(btw: thanks, Alblaka)
Or if not, could you maybe tell me wether there is a better solution for the lost soul( can block everything) than opointing out a ball with the itr? That would cause some problems so I'd like to make it different.
Ok, my next char will be much more overpowered with 15-20 moves :D
again triple post, but what should i do?
edit: Changed some things. the attacks are now a bit stronger. The heart attack has a little bug, but it can also be seen as a feature. Anyway I will fix it soon. Try it out in stage mode... and please comment wheter it is too strong now.
Thanks given by:
In my opinion it's a very good char, I like it ;)

but sometimes the J D > attack blocks all opponents Shock and the computer is too "silly" to beat reaper then....:D
Thanks given by:
hey =)
i edited ur reaper a bit, its not a project, it's just something i wanna add to this great char

nothing much, i just changed the heart bmp to a real heart, which makes it more creepy and scary.

and also i added the john heal to the heart grabbing move, then when the heart explodes, john's heal ball will burst out. then u can heal urself with that. its just like draining other's health. =)

P.S. im not trying to steal anything from here. thats y i just post it under this release instead of opening one =)
enjoy!

Attached Files
.rar   reaper_edited.rar (Size: 5.73 KB / Downloads: 116)
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2010, 12:32 PM)injured Wrote:  hey =)
i edited ur reaper a bit, its not a project, it's just something i wanna add to this great char

nothing much, i just changed the heart bmp to a real heart, which makes it more creepy and scary.

and also i added the john heal to the heart grabbing move, then when the heart explodes, john's heal ball will burst out. then u can heal urself with that. its just like draining other's health. =)

P.S. im not trying to steal anything from here. thats y i just post it under this release instead of opening one =)
enjoy!

I know, mods, this is making it worse, but NO GRAVEDIGGING OMFG READ THE RULES.

Alectric edited this post 10-15-2010 06:33 AM because:
this post was a few days ago, And, he had something to contribute.
Please, next time just use the report button, conveniently placed under each post.
Thanks given by:
Hi. Glad that you liked the char and thanks for the effort. The sprite looks good, but nevertheless I'm not sure how much it fits to the rest of the char. Different styles combined in one character always look somewhat strange.
I haven't tried the edited data yet, but it sounds like the attack might have become slightly overpowered. Still draining health is a nice extra effect for it, though healing yourself is a very powerful ability. John's the only main-hero with healing attacks for a good reason.

Currently I'm respriting the whole char with the new sprites being almost finished. The attacking sprites, however, aren't done yet and I'll see whether I'll make them a bit more creepy.

Thanks given by:
=) it would be better if you make him a bit taller (like julian), and make him walk a bit faster. also you may reinforce the curse and create a stronger attack, eg: a scythe that lays above the enemy's head which drains his life bits by bits, then he'll have to kill ya before his life runs out.
(i actually tried to merge the chase with the curse, which stopped every single enemy from moving XD extremely overpowered.)
or maybe a new move which can summon ghosts to fight (sorry for ma bad spriting) =)

Attached Files
.bmp   ghost.bmp (Size: 14.4 KB / Downloads: 124)
Thanks given by:
The thing is that the new version is going to be part of the forum mod. And just like in any other mod, balancing is extremely important. The char isn't ment to be much stronger than the basic LF2-chars. And if you try to fight them with this older version (which is slightly weaker), you will notice that he is about as strong as any of the heroes.
A life draining attack which lasts infinite time, however, seems quite overpowered to me.
Don't get me wrong, though. I'm always open for new ideas, but I've already put quite some thoughts into the new version. It's more close- to mid-range based and grabbing + follwing attacks got more important. I've replaced the time-stop attack with a grabbing move which makes it quite a lot easier to perform the curse (Probably gonna use the hourglass for the freezing effect) and he got a second scythe attack.
Nothing engraved in stone yet, but I'd like to keep the focus where it is now.

Edit: Had shown the newer version in the forum mod area quite some time ago already, now I've also put it into here. Don't feel like bumping this thread again, though.
Thanks given by: