Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calendar-Art
Sup guys,

LutiChris suggested to add background images to the calendar. And, as I felt like dooming php-files a little again, I went and implemented it. Right now, there are only two images playing placeholders that are randomly chosen. But, of course, I would like to increase that number.

And that is where you come in! I want you to design additional background-images. However, as always, there are a few restrictions. These are listed below:
  • height of the image should be no less than 600 pixels
  • width should be around 1000 pixels (an exception are images that are specifically designed to be smaller (such as, for example, the faces that are displayed in LF2's menus))
  • the image size must be 50 kB or smaller (to reduce deadly long loading-times)
  • the calendar's background is pure black (#000000), so the image should, on the right side, fade into it.
  • the image itself should be rather dark to not distract from the actual content too much. As for me, it has worked out well to keep the image on a layer set to 30% opacity and have a black layer below.

An example can be seen below:

So, if you wish to participate, feel free to post your images. Ultimately, a jury consisting of me, myself, and I (and maybe somebody else) will decide if it is good enough to be added. So, have fun creating!
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: LutiChris
Who uses the Calendar?
Thanks given by: Bamboori , Gad , Marko
^ umm i do..

Silverthorn edited this post 09-02-2010 11:50 PM because:
same with me and simon.
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
What's up with the Calendar recently? all the images are poorly cropped off.
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
is it possible to suggest 4 pics , 1 for each season?
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: Marko