Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Char] Aito
I've tested it ages ago, but forgotten to comment on it.

As with Quote, Aito is really a niche characters that I doubt will appeal to many. You have to think about how many people play Cave story and those people would be playing LF2 at the same time. True, it may be argued that it would be different is you have the backing of Naruto behind you, which in reality isn't the case... Anyway, I tried it because I believe you are one of the up and coming modders that can make something decent and I sure hope you won't get daunted by the lack of interest in Aito and Quote because it really is too "niche" specific.

Back to the character itself in LF2:
DC is tidy as far as I can see in game play, though nothing particular of note. Shields that follow characters around were fashionable in 2007, but it's 2010 now and the powered up energy blast after the shield only somewhat makes up for it.

Sprite wise it is a pixel character, so I won't comment much. In general, I believe it serves it's purpose and in this context it's done well.

Overall impression: Balancing seems alright and I got beaten by AI quite a few times. Ultimately, complicated DC is not a must as long as game play experience is smooth and achieved the effect you want. However, I seriously think it lacks the eye candy factor and there are no moves that makes me jump out of my seat, both which I am certain this somewhat picky forum or the wider LF2 modding community desires. I understand that you are staying true to the original design of the character in Cave Story and as a result, the creativity department has been crippled and I can't help myself in getting the "been there, done that" feel.

As I said about your other character Quote, I hope to see a more LF2 styled character from you. Unless you come up with a whole mod of pixel characters with a new system to boot, it's hard to convince people to have fond and long lasting memory of your work.
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by: Jed37
(08-08-2010, 05:02 PM)Marshall Wrote:  You have to think about how many people play Cave story and those people would be playing LF2 at the same time. True, it may be argued that it would be different is you have the backing of Naruto behind you, which in reality isn't the case...

I understand that you are staying true to the original design of the character in Cave Story and as a result, the creativity department has been crippled and I can't help myself in getting the "been there, done that" feel.
Thanks for the comment! I really appreciate that you took the time to give it a full review. :)

What do you mean about having the backing of Naruto? I'm confused. I'd also like to clarify that, unlike Quote, Aito is a character of my own design, and the only connection to Cave story is the style of the sprites.

Thanks again for your comment!
Henry David Thoreau Wrote:
Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine.
Thanks given by:
>What do you mean about having the backing of Naruto?
sorry, I was not very clear. I just meant if you made a Naruto character, then even though it's not LF2 styled you'll get rave reviews anyway, though obviously I hope you won't go down that path :P

>Aito is a character of my own design, and the only connection to Cave story is the style of the sprites.
ahh... I see. If it was your own design, you really could have been a bit more crazy with the moves / ideas imo
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by: