Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hexers on LFE
I`m not very much into HEX and lost compleatly the overview - so can you help me out and tell me who can do hex stuff here? (meaning creating new stuff, not just changing images :p)
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
Your best bet is probably Nave. His activity seems to have shrunk as of late, but you could probably catch him on the ntsd forum.

TITLE: a idea
make cave for bear?
Thanks given by:
yeah, but since nave is not in the mood I`m searching for an alternative :p - silva is gone and Xidd dont answer, Rammichael , erm, contact failed, too
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
Find someone who's a fast learner and experimenter I guess.

It can't be the hardest job in the world I'm assuming.. not putting Hex down or anything. Just takes someone to play around to begin understanding what they need to.. then slowly they could progress and get better.

If not, gotta keep trying to find one of the old guns MH.

Eddie
One day, I shall become, TUTORIAL-MAN: Superhero of writing overly long, overly annoying tutorials which most people probably won't read, but will give it a stab at the first 5 lines!
Thanks given by:
Meh, HEXing is the hardest thing in LF2 modding for most people, so it's no surprise there are so few of them.
And almost everyone is inactive, so like already said: it's almost only Nave.

If you want more HEXers, then you have to think of a way to make them interested in doing it.
Thanks given by:
Admittedly yes it is the hardest thing in LF2 modding, but it can't be the absolute hardest thing in the world is what I meant.

How to get people into it? First idea would be to have them understand its a machine language and how easy it is to understand... then possibly set them up on a few light hearted projects?

Reckon it'd be worth the effort? I could explain how the machine language actually works and what the 0-F means... then I could probably learn how its used to perform functions and stuff... do you reckon it'd be worth getting people to do mini projects on it though?

Eddie
One day, I shall become, TUTORIAL-MAN: Superhero of writing overly long, overly annoying tutorials which most people probably won't read, but will give it a stab at the first 5 lines!
Thanks given by:
Yeah...mini projects as in step-by-step learning would be effective, since Silva's tutorials are a bit to comlicated to understand for those with no experience.
But first we need someone to start doing it...that is the actual problem.
Thanks given by:
Alright, I'll probably start dabbling for a few days and then get everything sorted. I'll give it a shot and see if I can help produce more hex workers on the LFE forums.

Oh yes... I have set myself a challenge - bring it on.

By the way @MH - if it works out that I end up understanding Hex fairly well (which i'm beginning to do), I will offer my services to you in whichever way you need.

Eddie
Thanks given by: Divisor , MH-Razen , Bamboori
hi
sorry i didn't respond - im in college and they decided to block lfe on the network which means i have to use tor to browse this place which is a real pain in the a**

i also don't tend to log in unless i need to post - so it will take time for pms to reach me ;)

anyway u posted in the 1.9 section - i strongly recommend u move up to 2.0 - 2.0 has the dll framework which has the ground work needed to start writing new states/itrs/otherstuff

if u stay with 1.9 you will be reinventing the wheel on most of this stuff - and some of this stuff might be hard if it has changed from 2.0 and u cant base it on what silva did

if u want to learn from silvas tutorials u have to find the right ones - dont bother with the ones in the 2.0 section at first - look at the ones in this section especially this one : http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=489

it explains most of the basic commands u need to know like: jmp,cmp,mov,jnz,je - the dll framework is based around that idea - except insted of jmping to a place at the bottom of the exe u jmp to a location in the dll

the only thing that tutorial is lacking is how to find the code you r looking for- i dont think any tutorials cover that - maybe these: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=3616 but that link is down and i dont know what it contains

i recommend looking at the dll framework only after u understand the basics of detouring code bassed on jmping - the tutorials for setting up the dll compiler is super easy to follow - dont be scared by its length it pretty much tells you to press next all the time

after you setup the compiler just look around the 2.0 section for an exe which can load the dll - 1477 likes making one for every version of 2.0 ( 2.0 , 2.0 no num, 2.0a)

also i recommend not pming random ppl and asking them to do hex stuff for u - if u make a thread about it then you will have potentially more ppl working on it and once a solution is made - it will be public and benifet a lot more ppl that way.
Thanks given by: Divisor , Eddie , Bamboori , MH-Razen , Drahcir
i mean that someone else can a couple of hex? not sure, but anyway i would do many things learning it. but actually i can just use ressource hacker(who cant?)
p.s i think im going to learn a bit, pm some good links if you find, please:)
I think all eggs have Anatidaephobia: the fear that youre being watching by a duck....
A blogspot project....
Thanks given by: