Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timed Heavy System
Idk if this trick/tech/.. whatever already invented somewhere but since i don't see a thread that talk about this, then lemme make it :'3

Explanation

By using the bug when an object that being held does OpointKind:2 which causing the character got stuck in his Heavy System, to then spawn an object on the stucked object that being held to destroy it whenever u wanted.

In short, this trick are just spawning an object when the char pick a heavy object to enter his heavy mode, but making the picked heavy object to stuck by using Ok2.
Nice, double useless explanation.

Abit lazy to explain in detailed about the way to make it, so just take a look to the Study Example if you're interested.

Study Example

.rar   Study Example - Timed Heavy System.rar (Size: 151.18 KB / Downloads: 47)

This template also including some cool skills anyway..
• AJ/DJ : Full Break Punch
• D > A : Breaking Pulse (100 MP)
• D > J : Magical Pulse (150 MP)
• D J A : Open Mode (500 MP)

By using Open Mode, template will increase his atk spd and enchant his Full Break Punch to enter his Overwhelming Mode that allowing him to spam Breaking Pulse within 7 seconds.

This template are just a result from complications of abilities in LF2ET.
Signature - Mesujin
Data Changer, AI-Scripter, DirectX-App Programmer.

Lastest Work : Little Fighter 2 : Enchanted.
Contact Person : Mesujin#1516 (mesujin), github.com/Mesujin, mesujin.imano@yahoo.com.
Thanks given by: darkfiren , STM1993
Ah, the held weapon + opoint kind 2 bug/feature.
I have made a GIF demonstration on Discord on this before, but did not publish on forums.

I'll re-phrase the explanation and give my own input.

How LF2 weapons normally work:
Note that the "character" and the "weapon" doesn't have to be type 0 or a weapon type(1,2,4,6) respectively; I am only using the terms for ease of explanation.

When a character picks up an object(via ik2/7), the game will check the weapon's Type and ID to determine how to modify the character's moveset, and then set a flag.

Opoint Kind 2 spawns a weapon directly into a character's hand, but will always be flagged as a normal Type 1 regardless of what the weapon actually is.

Weapons are droppable. When your character goes into a frame with the following:
(a) wpoint kind 3: Weapon is dropped in frame 0-5.
(b) state 10 or 12: Weapon is dropped in frame 0-15.
(c) wpoint dvx > 0: Weapon is thrown in frame 40. (note: only works if weapon is type 1,2,4,6)
(d) opoint kind 2: Weapon is dropped in its current frame as per weaponact.
(e) char is deleted: same as (d).

For heavy weapons(type2), this is even worse; you drop the weapon as soon as you take any kind of hit, even if you are armored. This weapon drop problem is what stops most people from making a weapon-based stance / style-switching system, or if they are using heavy weapon, they have to make the character himself invulnerable.

So, what's this Held Opk2 tech?
You simply use wpoint weaponact: xxx to make the weapon A go to a frame(xxx) with opoint kind 2.
This makes the weapon A create & hold another weapon B.

This also causes the character to drop weapon A in its current frame.
However, unlike in (d), LF2 does not update the weapon "flag" for the character.

It doesn't matter what weapon B is; the result is that LF2 continues to think the character is still holding weapon A... but it is actually free to move around and do whatever it wants or even transform into something else.

What this means is, you can make a character permanently stuck with a weapon-based moveset.
You can do something similar to Devil May Cry's style-switching mechanics.
You don't ever have to worry about weapon drop problems.

Do note that making Weapon A transform does NOT change the flagged moveset.
It *does* however, continue to influence how an AI that picked up Weapon A behaves.

The character will never be unflagged, unless the following happens:
i) Weapon A gets picked up by another person, so it becomes flagged to that person.
ii) Weapon A is deleted or destroyed. (and no new object immediately takes up the memory slot for Weapon A)

Notably for point (ii), if the character advances to the next Stage, unlike normal weapon holding, Weapon A will be deleted (unless the weapon is a Type 0, then due to the way clones work in LF2, there is a chance they still remain).

The word "immediately" is important as well. See this short video demonstration of what happens if you hold a milk with times: 2 in stage, pick up that 1st milk, and then roll into the left side wall(causing it to delete):

My Thoughts on this:
If you have no use for Weapon B, I recommend simply creating a frame that has state: 9998 next: 1000 dvy: 550 so that it'd instantly delete with no chance of bugs.

This tech can be used in a very mundane way (simply to drop weapon in a preferred frame without making character do the opointing himself) instead of utilizing the weapon flagging property.

If you want to use this tech with movesets other than generic Type 1, you will need to spawn your weapon with the preferred moveset separately, and then use ik2/ik7 which requires an A input at the exact moment to pick it up.

Heavy Weapon's controls are unfortunately complete garbage to work with; it will never feel anywhere as smooth because you are reliant on hit_x inputs instead of default inputs, and hit_xx special moves are completely disabled. LF2 also does not automatically unflag your heavy weapon state until you start walking/running or you use next: 999 (which can actually lead to bugs).

Btw, you can safely give frame 212 hit_a: xxx, where xxx goes to a frame that has state4. In this way, you can actually re-use the same frame 212, yet be able to detect for no-weapon(frame80) / light-weapon(frame30/52) / heavy-weapon (next: yyy).

This tech could be used in conjunction to a nested wpoint (A holding B holding C etc), though I'm not sure how you'd want to use it; just raising this to generate ideas.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: