Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contest #11 - Datachanging challenge
so there I was staring at this comment from Lauli on the stupid rating system in this forum...
Lauli Wrote:Cool Backgrounds! Nearly all your Ratings on this page are about your BGs. Haha.
Pissed off I was... And no, I'm not speaking Yoda because Yoda does not lose his cool. I on the other hand broke a couple of chairs and smashed the window. I CAN DC TOO >:[

if I can be bothered to anyway...

So here comes the DC contest which I hope more would join (so I can whip more arses :D) and I had to relearn almost everything from scratch due to all the rust... It's been 3 years since I data changed anything not categorised as backgrounds, but I've certainly retained my own style, taking bits and bobs from here and there while adding my own touches (aka CE LF2 style :P) while rummaging through some old posts related to some interesting DC techniques.

First of all... credits goes to the following people whom without their posts / works / sprites I wouldn't have been able to make it...

MSSJSG
Blue Ghost
Windmill
Fantasy Leaf
Killing333
NelsonLF
TKOLF

So let's see whether knowledge from 2/3 years ago can beat the current DCers who consider themselves top of the game

Won't be posting any data yet... probably just before the deadline because there's one tiny thing I'd like to test, but I might end up being too lazy and won't bother. And perhaps keep the more observant / advanced ones guessing :P

Animated Gif (Click to View)
If the image does not loop, you will need to click save image as to get it on your computer.

If you think this move is too impractical, I would agree, but I wanted to make a move like this 3 years ago since a certain racoon sent me some sfx and me just finished watching an animie series which were both incredibly inspiring. The sfx has been lost and I ripped new ones for this, but the idea remains. At least a quarter of the data has been 3 years old, the rest was either incomplete due to technical difficulties then or overhauled.
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
Haha, I'm glad that I brought some fresh breeze ;D
Or I don't know the correct phrase.

Guessing there are no funky weird DC techniques. Still it looks somehow impressive.

EDIT: Okay, now that you said that he actually stops when he reaches the wall... Nice ;D
Thanks given by:
cool that you did not spot anything weird :D (exactly what I wanted to achieve)
but if I told you the rage punch stops when Davis reaches the wall... what would you think?

EDIT:
@Simoneon
so how do you explain the detection?
Because you said so in this post.
Or what do you mean? - Simoneon

mhh...? you got me confused now
>I kinda expected that since at first I thought it's just a colorful combo.
I thought you expected there's something quirky there beneath the layer of "normal flashyness"
so since you expected the abnormal, how would you go about explaining how I managed to get Davis to stop the crazy punching when he reaches the wall? ~ Marshall

No, I just simply wanted to say that at first (when I looked at your gif) I thought it's nothing just a Davis combo; and there I knew there's something behind that. So when you replied with this post, I realized what is so special about your gif ;D - Simoneon

Simoneon edited this post 06-20-2010 04:14 PM because:
I kinda expected that since at first I thought it's just a colorful combo.
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
^That's some really cool idea. Taking a wild guess I'd say spawning a ball that catches him and makes him go on --> At the edge of the screen the ball won't be spawned and Davis goes to the combo finish just via next: ?
Edit: Not? Now I'm wondering whether it would work the way I thought (Probably not as accurate?). Gotta test that out somewhen.
Thanks given by:
no, I did not use cpoint to control Davis to the finishing punch. or next
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
I will compete!

I will upload my beta mods "LF Levelup"
In that mods, there are 2 character named Olafridi and Gudvaer that can level up if they touch the Levelup Ball. (There are 10 characters of olafridi and gudvaer in total because there are Olafridi Lv. 1, Lv2,3,4, and 5, and Gudvaer Lv. 1~5.

The Levelup Ball are in the end of sub-stages (example last phase of Stage 1-1)

Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L0AK34CR

(i don't upload movies yet... so if you want to know about it you can download it)
aka Verdusk

I don't have a sicknature

LF2 SurGen (survival stage generator!)
Thanks given by:
'ere we go.
[Image: staminafinal.gif]
(Noise effects are on purpose - was testing some codecs, etc)

It's a stamina bar which reacts to your movement & decreases when you run, punch, or perform a move. It increases while you just stand, or walk.
Gives a new fighting system feeling, which I am currently wanting to achieve.

There're high chances that I am going to change this entry, if I get any good ideas someday.
Thanks given by:
currently working (theoretically) on a method to let the char do other moves than walking by pressing up or down.

dunno if i will finish it soon enough though.
Thanks given by:
(06-20-2010, 04:11 PM)Marshall Wrote:  but if I told you the rage punch stops when Davis reaches the wall... what would you think?

EDIT:
@Simoneon

Hmm.. this is cool. I got an idea how you did it... though I suppose it'd likely be way off and full of holes. My DC skills have been shot to pieces from years of not doing any.
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Want to learn how to sprite from me? (Click to View)
have a request for me? (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(06-21-2010, 11:41 AM)Siegvar Wrote:  
(06-20-2010, 04:11 PM)Marshall Wrote:  but if I told you the rage punch stops when Davis reaches the wall... what would you think?

EDIT:
@Simoneon

Hmm.. this is cool. I got an idea how you did it... though I suppose it'd likely be way off and full of holes. My DC skills have been shot to pieces from years of not doing any.

agree - but i guess this method will have real problems in stage mode :p
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: