Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sci-Fi Discussions
aka wormholes. supposedly the universe is a curve(or something.)
wait- i think i can explain better with graphics...
[Image: Untitled_9.png]
normally, you have to go by the yellow line... a wormhole allows movements along the red line... like if you fold a piece of paper together and poke a straw through... :P
[Image: UB2.gif]
FrozenFiren|Devid|Sprites

News of the day 19th Sep 10: Someone's back on track
Thanks given by: Alblaka
Any way imagine it's the colonisation period. If you own a spaceship. How will it be like?
[Image: illidansig1.png]
Thanks given by:
Basically, SirFrog is right. Here's the exact physics part (for those who have no life):
@forgetlatios: theoretically possible, yet those wormholes require energy to exist; and the larger the objects are that shall go through this wormhole, the more energy is required. Where to take that from? Also, imagine that there was a wormhole every 10,000 light years; if you wanted to reach that one, you'd have quite a long travel ahead :P

This is basically the reason why I don't watch those star {insert wicked name in here} series, as my toe nails roll up due to the bent laws of physics. Those guys have creativity (at least to a certain extend) but they create a totally wrong imagination.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
^Not that this would matter, but it's actually theoretically possible that something moves faster than the speed of light. Though it's not for normal particles but for theoretical particles called "Tachyons". However, they can't move slower than the speed of light. If anyone is actually interested in the physics part:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyon

(05-28-2010, 01:27 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Also, imagine that there was a wormhole every 10,000 light years; if you wanted to reach that one, you'd have quite a long travel ahead :P
And when you reach the wormhole after 10000+x years you'll have to find a way to make it send you to the place you want to go. :)
Thanks given by:
Dudes try to anser all of my questions.
Thanks given by:
Straightforwardly, there's no very true answer to you, WoodySmasher, or anyone of you.
It's such a thing that humans will discover after quite a big time.

Except... maybe... area 51... D:
Thanks given by:
To the next dude: try to answer post #82.
Thanks given by:
hey, hey, this thread sounds interesting,
@WoodySmasher: umm... maybe i'll design a spaceship like in "Space Empire" XD

since its about alien these are my favorite Occult Mysteries
http://sundaytimes.lk/070401/International/i505.html
http://www.qsl.net/w5www/easterisland.html

and time traveler :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor

EDIT: there's also an issue that voyager 2 was hijacked and have received something in an "UNKNOWN DATA FORMAT"...
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear this is worth something.
Anyway dudes can you draw your dream craft here?
Sorry for the double post.
Here is my dreamcraft
[Image: wolfen.th.png]
Thanks given by:
(05-28-2010, 01:27 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  This is basically the reason why I don't watch those star {insert wicked name in here} series, as my toe nails roll up due to the bent laws of physics. Those guys have creativity (at least to a certain extend) but they create a totally wrong imagination.

Then you didn't fully watched one ^^
In every (good) Sci-Fi-Series these "bending of physic laws" is explained with a special material creating some special effects that actually make everything possible.

Enterprise > forgot how it's called, but the ressource that makes cold fusion possible and enable use of anti-matter
Stargate > Naquada
etc

So, in fact, there is a little "flaw" in there (since these materials (MAY) don't exist), but it's always somehat physically founded, too.
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: