Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
changing the movement
The One
well, I am trying to create new moves for Rudolf.
One of the moves is taking out a sword, which unlocks new options.

I wrote the code for the new standing, but when i move Rudolf automatically goes into the normal walking.

well i will try to make it clearer.
when i press D+v+A Rudolf takes out a sword (only different pic so far). i want that when he will move, he will go to the walking_with_sword frames that I've created.so, where do i control it? i cant seem to find the place where you say that if you press > or < or ^ or V you are starting the moving frames.

Sinow
well, the data is made so that movements will automatically go to thenormal walking frames. I would suggest creating a new data file for the sword rudolf and then have rudolf transform into him when you press DvA. That would probably be the simplist method...

The One
well, I am not really good in data changing, so can you please explain me how can a character transform into another character?

I tried looking in Rudolf's transform, but I didn't really understand how do you transform, and how do you choose which one which one you will transform to.

[edit]: one more thing that I forgot: can I somehow create this Rudolf sword, but somehow to not allow players to play with him? I mean like creating new frames and not character so you cant choose him? (the new Rudolf)

DON Giovanni
so i guess i cant really create another character that will not disappear at the menu, oh well...

if i will create another weapon, other players will be able to hold it (and i am not sure i want that) + i will have to learn special attack on weaon for 1 character only.

so much work...

these are my questions that i still need to know:
where can i find a good tutorial (not for downloading) about making special attacks with a certain character and a certain weapon?
can i do that you cant do an attack if you hold a certain weapon (you can't create a weapon while you already hold it)?
can i make a weapon unthrowable (a new word! smilie ) ?
can you delete a weapon while it's in your hands?

DON Giovanni

First stop would be LFE itself. HERE

I think you can't disable throwing, and I think you can delete a weapon if it's in your hands (I THINK weaponact: 1000 ?)
I'm not very advanced in DCing @_@ so ask Sinow, he knows quite everything smilie
If the transform should be permanent, then use state: 80xx (xx being the id of the char you want to transform into; has to be less than 100. A char with id 1, for example, you have to put 8001) in the last frame of the Transformation.
The problem is, the pics go wrong (not sure now how) but there's a solution for that too. (Sinow, please tell him, I'm too lazy smilie)

The One
Can I somehow do that you will only be able to start with the old Rudolf, but you will still be able to transform into the new one?

YinYin
id suggest dropping the stupid transform idea cause it requires a new character that will pop up in the character selection anyway - whether with lf2.net or without doesn really matter to me - its annoying to have too many not so different new character copies in there

so

what i suggest is - create a weapon (the sword) rather than doing new rudolf sprites
spawn that just like freeze does - and give it some special moves for the two normal/dashing/jumping/running attack stuf

this might be a bit hard though - i made sth like that for bluna
y-2-f.tk - you can download her there and have a look at the data
the important part is the DJA move (+J for the sword)
if its supposed to be really different from the normal weapon attacks id suggest to do some cpoint or itr kind 8 work to activate the new moves with the weapon

uh ... stuff im too lazy to explain - MH shoulda make some more tutos again in case he doesn have those already xD

The One
First stop would be LFE itself. HERE

I think you can't disable throwing, and I think you can delete a weapon if it's in your hands (I THINK weaponact: 1000 ?)
I'm not very advanced in DCing @_@ so ask Sinow, he knows quite everything smilie

The One
gonna try LFE, but i dont think i will be able to create the data.

Sinow
Nah... its possible, just kinda messy data wise.
I only suggested using transformation because it'd be the easiest.
And there is a way to transform into a character that won't show up on the character selection screen, but there are some problems with it. Actually, its not really transforming into a character at all, its transformation into a weapon, so some things, like defense, get kinda messed up... So yeah, that won't really work..

YinYin's method would probably be the best, but you'd have to use the same standing/walking sprites as the normal ones, although you could add the weapon.

Currently, there aren't tutorials on how to create a move that will only work when a character is holding a certain weapon, but it is possible. It involves itr kind: 8, so i suggest you go to the main site to read up on that. YinYin did it in his Killer LF2 version, so you can check the data in that. There should be a link to the download in the project section.

If you don't want other characters to be able to pick up the weapon, then you can just give the "on ground" frames of the weapon a next: 1000 to have the weapon delete itself. That way, no one else would be able to pick it up.

YinYin
first of all the weapon should have an id thats not btw 100 and 199 so it doesn come down randomly i guess - in case you didn know

then for deleting a weapon on hand - yes use weaponact: 1000 - and then in the next frame dont use a wpoint at all - otherwise itll still be there

and you should also delete the bdy in the frame 64 of the weapon and change its state from 1003 (i think) to what the other (just_)on_gound frames got
and of course you can delete it with either next: 1000 or state 9998 i think

so yeah - other ppl arent able to use blunas sword either cause it breaks as soon as it falls down - so this isnt a problem

The One
OK, then can i do that a character will only show in the selection screen when you press LF2.net?

YinYin
yes - just give him an id thats between 30 and 60

The One
thanks.

wow this thread is now in advanced data changing, i didn't know this is a hard question.
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: