Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with upgradable characters needed and more
Wth?
Of course there is a DC solution!
I actually thought about making this kind of RPG thingy and have a fully developed technique to do so... I'm just to lazy to create 50 different chars ^^

The idea is simple: You begin with a basic char (i called him "Adventurer") which is most likely just like a bandit.
At the end of Stage 1 there will be spawned 3 "Upgrades L1" (editing of stage.dat). Each of these upgrades can be "picked up" (they are T0's and react to a special body in adventures punching frames) and make Adventurer to transform into an different char.

These chars can only pick-up "Upgrades L2" which will be spawned in the end of Stage 2 and will again transform into new chars.

This way, you can "upgrade" your char once every Stage and with creating about 50 different chars, you can make one char for everry kombination possible (f.e. a very strong mage if you upgrade 4 times magic, or a balanced char with using 2 Melee, 2 FarFight).

Btw, after being picked up, the upgrade will launch a timer to "kill" all other Upgrades after about 10 seconds (since they are T0's, killing them will end the stage). For the case you're playing with other people this should give enough time for everyone to pick an upgrade.
And since usual AIs will even move to T0's and attack them, you can even choose an AI comrade for Adventurer, he will "attack"=pickup the Upgrades, too.

edit: For the saving thing:
Since every "Level" of char can only pick-up one certain upgrade you can also start with Level 3 chars... but they will still not be able to upgrad before the end of Stage 3 ^^

See, it's possible.... AND NOW MOVE THIS BACK TO DATACHANGING :D
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: forgetlatios
(05-15-2010, 11:09 AM)Alblaka Wrote:  Wth?
Of course there is a DC solution!

The one that you described still does not include the saving-deal. If the thread starter sees your solution as sufficient, it will be moved back.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
Added some kind of saving-deal. Though i can't remember the thread-starter has even asked for this kind of thingie ^^

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
(05-14-2010, 07:22 PM)David Wrote:  (and save the progress (not necessary))
Thanks given by:
ok move it back to DC section bp...
[Image: UB2.gif]
FrozenFiren|Devid|Sprites

News of the day 19th Sep 10: Someone's back on track
Thanks given by:
Ok, so we have an Adventurer and over 50 combinations of the same char... (wouldn't LF2 load a LITTLE long?)
Your method, Alblaka, would work on Stage mode only, what about VS, Battle modes?
BTW, if we could choose any char from the stage we passed, we'd have to do some HEX-ing. I wouldn't like to scroll dozens of the same chars in character selection :)
Even cheat must be disabled with HEX not to allow this situation.
Yes, that's it. We all use cheats.
The answer to life, universe and everything (no, not 42) (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
Maybe when you beat your enemy you get combo witch gets you armour, sword etc... but not transform your char...
Thanks given by:
To the armor- it can be done with DC, just itr/kind8. As I remember, YinYin used it in Julios.
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread...id=867&
The answer to life, universe and everything (no, not 42) (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
I have one other problem, i am making new char Assassin for this mod whom i talked about. And i want to give him one power, to hold other enemies, and when he holds them and other enemies hit him holding an enemy, health of the enemy he is holding now is affected, but not his.....
Thanks given by:
> delete his body and set "hitable:" value to 1 in the cpoint.
You can't be hit, enemy can be hit.

However, this is the easiest possible DC solution... If you really want to "transfer hits" you will need something like Hex...

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: