Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[4 CHARs] The Ninja Tales (NO NARUTO!!!)
[Image: 2sakxt1.jpg]
Version 1.22

Finally, after weeks of work... some more weeks of waiting... and endless weeks of lacking motivation...
RUDOLPHUS STRIKES BACK!!!
(Even with a 4hit combo)

Here i go with FOUR new characters, who actually just look like a Rudolph, fallen into a pit of color, and are again based on the borin-basic elements firewaterwindearth.
But besides the casual remixed sprites, nice DCed moves and whatever else, this time you also get:
-A 2player combo system
-Chars with more balancing then every other of my chars
-2 cents (if you pay the porto for the package)
And everything for FREE!!!

As usual you can download the files from >>>HERE<<< (ca. 7 MB), including the necessary files for playing, AI-scripts, a complete Readme and the logo-thingy from above.
Additional you will find the original version of prince_freeza's Rudolph-Punch-Sprites in there, no use without permission though!
(And here: Again thanks to prince_freeza for having made these sprites for me :D )

Now lets begin the spoiler orgy with the
character descriptions (Click to View)

And now a multi-spoiler:
Screenshots (Click to View)

And last, but surely least:
Version History (Click to View)

Now avaible in AS-AI flavour!
More ninja-like ninja-stuff of ninja-ism for your AI-ninjas.
The AI-files are included in the download, but you may find updated or improves versions in Alblaka's AI Workshop

So, feel free to flame/discuss/worship me now...
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
well the install thing was complicated for itself, but the unistall was even worse... (no really the sprite_sys folder doesn't want to be deleted :/)

anyway to the point...actually i just tried (fast) all the chars and hopefully the most of the moves...
what i didn't like
-the sprites...u could atleast c&p them to make it a bit more original...
-d>a (of all chars), imo they really didn't fit... and they could've been like +a+a+a continuing...
-the water guy's riding on the ball (wtf) didn't look too good
-the fire guy's "crack" in the ground, really it looked terrible
-some other moves (means almost every that's not written below)

what i liked
-the fire guy's flame powerup thing
-the wind guy's tornado slashing (both of them, dvj and the other when opponent comes near)
-wind guy's d>j kinda cool
-the water guy's shuriken which turns into a disk
-some other thing that i don't remember

overall it was better than i expected...not trying to be rude

edit: but duno about the 2char combo system... didn't try
Thanks given by:
man i love this,or those chars,so awsome...i really like ur style in changin colors and DCing well...which makes it amusing to play with em ! good job !
btw LOVE THE COMBO !!
My Releases (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Alblaka
(03-06-2010, 02:47 PM)Wiro Wrote:  well the install thing was complicated for itself, but the unistall was even worse... (no really the sprite_sys folder doesn't want to be deleted :/)
Uhm... if a foldes can't be deleted it is honestly not a problem of the files, but rather of your OS.
Btw, up to now i never encountered someone complaining about a complicated installation? It's just "C&P this into that" and not "Make a backup, make this, make that, copy this, install that, doubleclick xyz"...

(03-06-2010, 02:47 PM)Wiro Wrote:  anyway to the point...actually i just tried (fast) all the chars and hopefully the most of the moves...
what i didn't like
-d>a (of all chars), imo they really didn't fit... and they could've been like +a+a+a continuing...
-some other moves (means almost every that's not written below)/quote]
[quote=README]But as usually i don't really care whether you dislike me because of not-new sprites, i'm rather interested in making good, playable chars with nice DC.

The Aquaride actually didn't work as i wanted it to, but even with the help of the proDCers of LFE i wasn't able to fix it. Feel free to make a better chase-char-move.

The D>A moves aren't repeatable on intention. Multi-Blastpushes can deal deadly damage (>Louis-Ex), multi Stonethrow would actually just block itself without much damage and spamming the Water Ball with repeatedly pressing A would be quite to easy. The Fire Slash was supposed to be a double attack (noticed that you can hit the same guy with both fire slashes?).
Dunno, why you say they didn't fit... Imo a flame-swordsman using fire waves, a water-mage using water-balls, a wind-guy using blastpushes and a earth-hulk throwing stones fits quite good...

However, that's most likely the free ^^ oppinion

(03-06-2010, 02:47 PM)Wiro Wrote:  what i liked
-the wind guy's tornado slashing (both of them, dvj and the other when opponent comes near)

Actually the "wind guy" alias Fusej is my favourite char :D

(03-06-2010, 02:47 PM)Wiro Wrote:  overall it was better than i expected...not trying to be rude

ouch

(03-06-2010, 02:47 PM)Wiro Wrote:  edit: but duno about the 2char combo system... didn't try

Lol, then you missed one of big parts of these chars ^^

(03-06-2010, 02:52 PM)Angel_Adam Wrote:  btw LOVE THE COMBO !!

Which one? XD

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
Hey, congratz for finishing this. *Testing*
Lol, fighting against random aka... rudolf :D
Dokum:
+ quite creative attacks
- stone skin might be useful against bandits, but for VS against fighters with stronger attacks it doesn't help much.
+ good combination of moves against many and few enemies
- too slow to be fun to play with( for me)
lets say 7.5/10 for being very original

Fusej:
- D^A is rather weak, breaks into stones and sometimes leaves a black shadowReadme's not only destroy the suspense, they also have useful sides. Ok, so
+ D^A is nice, especially when used together with for example grabing.
- DJA is also weak compared to the others
+ much faster
+ - DvA is cool, but looks strange
+ evading moves
+ fun to play with, good combo potential
9/10 for this one, great to play with, though I don't like DvJ that much. Nevertheless awesome.

Suikan:
- D>A is casted without glow
+- nice attacks, but nothing too special
+ me and John were casting a disc at the same time and we both hit each other :D
6/10.

Kato:
+ charging up his attacks with fire is very nice.
- shadow in D>J
+- ground on fire is nice, but the sprite... :D
+ inner fire is good, too.
- attacks are strong but very expensive, too. I rather like to use special attacks more often.
7/10 for this guy.

All in all it would be a bit above 7.5/10. I as a single player give you 8/10 because of the great wind char, but it probably deserves even more due to the combo system.
(03-06-2010, 07:42 PM)Reaper Wrote:  Hey, congratz for finishing this. *Testing*
Lol, fighting against random aka... rudolf :D
Dokum:
+ quite creative attacks
- stone skin might be useful against bandits, but for VS against fighters with stronger attacks it doesn't help much.
+ good combination of moves against many and few enemies
- too slow to be fun to play with( for me)
lets say 7.5/10 for being very original

He's just supposed to be slow ^^

(03-06-2010, 07:42 PM)Reaper Wrote:  Fusej:
- D^A is rather weak, breaks into stones and sometimes leaves a black shadow
- DJA is also weak compared to the others
+ much faster
+ - DvA is cool, but looks strange
+ evading moves
+ fun to play with, good combo potential
9/10 for this one, great to play with, though I don't like DvJ that much. Nevertheless awesome.

Sry, but i ned to lol on that...
The move doesn't leaves shadows, but (as descripted in the Readme) BURIED SHURIKEN, which can again be activated by D^AD. The burrying actually is the reason for the stone rubble spawn.

The strength of his Release move will be increased ^^

(03-06-2010, 07:42 PM)Reaper Wrote:  Suikan:
- D>A is casted without glow
+- nice attacks, but nothing too special
+ me and John were casting a disc at the same time and we both hit each other :D
6/10.

Hmm, glow for the move? That's something i could even do, added to the update-list.

(03-06-2010, 07:42 PM)Reaper Wrote:  Kato:
+ charging up his attacks with fire is very nice.
- shadow in D>J
+- ground on fire is nice, but the sprite... :D
+ inner fire is good, too.
- attacks are strong but very expensive, too. I rather like to use special attacks more often.
7/10 for this guy.

Ye, the shadows of D>J can't be evaded, since i need to use a 3000 for the hit detection...

(03-06-2010, 07:42 PM)Reaper Wrote:  All in all it would be a bit above 7.5/10. I as a single player give you 8/10 because of the great wind char, but it probably deserves even more due to the combo system.

Thanks ^^

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2010, 03:02 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  
(03-06-2010, 02:47 PM)Wiro Wrote:  well the install thing was complicated for itself, but the unistall was even worse... (no really the sprite_sys folder doesn't want to be deleted :/)
Uhm... if a foldes can't be deleted it is honestly not a problem of the files, but rather of your OS.
Btw, up to now i never encountered someone complaining about a complicated installation? It's just "C&P this into that" and not "Make a backup, make this, make that, copy this, install that, doubleclick xyz"...
actually i wasn't complaining...
(03-06-2010, 02:47 PM)Wiro Wrote:  anyway to the point...actually i just tried (fast) all the chars and hopefully the most of the moves...
what i didn't like
-some other moves (means almost every that's not written below)/quote]
README Wrote:But as usually i don't really care whether you dislike me because of not-new sprites, i'm rather interested in making good, playable chars with nice DC.

The Aquaride actually didn't work as i wanted it to, but even with the help of the proDCers of LFE i wasn't able to fix it. Feel free to make a better chase-char-move.
make me...
(03-06-2010, 03:02 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  The D>A moves aren't repeatable on intention. Multi-Blastpushes can deal deadly damage (>Louis-Ex), multi Stonethrow would actually just block itself without much damage and spamming the Water Ball with repeatedly pressing A would be quite to easy. The Fire Slash was supposed to be a double attack (noticed that you can hit the same guy with both fire slashes?).
Dunno, why you say they didn't fit... Imo a flame-swordsman using fire waves, a water-mage using water-balls, a wind-guy using blastpushes and a earth-hulk throwing stones fits quite good...
even if the stone guy can't press +a+a+a he can still spam the area full with stones... and what i really meant was more to the sprites not idea (i'm a spriter not a dcer, so just ignore me when i whine about sprites)

(03-06-2010, 02:47 PM)Wiro Wrote:  what i liked

Actually the "wind guy" alias Fusej is my favourite char :D
btw i noticed Ka, Sui, Fu, Do, japanese fire,water,wind,earth (thank god for naruto...)
(03-06-2010, 02:47 PM)Wiro Wrote:  overall it was better than i expected...not trying to be rude

ouch
my apologies...that really sounded rude...
(03-06-2010, 02:47 PM)Wiro Wrote:  edit: but duno about the 2char combo system... didn't try

Lol, then you missed one of big parts of these chars ^^
no can do...hopefully it wasn't so great (cause i'm too lazy to reinstall and really pissed off if it's great and i missed)

sry for spam, but just wanted to clear things up
The combo system is at least "interesting/amazing" :P

Quote:btw i noticed Ka, Sui, Fu, Do, japanese fire,water,wind,earth (thank god for naruto...)
That're 100 points for you, you're right! ^^

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
The chars are awesome! The only disadvantage is that we can't try the combo system if we play alone.
[Image: waterchainsawman.png]
(03-12-2010, 10:09 PM)waterchainsawman Wrote:  The chars are awesome! The only disadvantage is that we can't try the combo system if we play alone.

You actually can: Just make control settings for 3 players, then use 2 of them in a team to do the combos... i was even able to use 2 players at once in an open versus match :D

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: