Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[4 CHARs] The Ninja Tales (NO NARUTO!!!)
Ok this is my first time trying this stuff. (before that the amount of files put me off)
But seeing you put so much more effort into it after such a long time I needed to have a look at it.

This will result in a lot of randomly late review text ...

Kato
really reminds me of my old alf2/my rudolf using his swords for basic attacks.
I've had mine finish this combo with the run attack though when you press A for a third time.
I later decided always starting with the same sword slash (which is way too slow for the basic attack) is too boring. Also having no walking gap between first and second slash (because they are directly connected instead of randomized) makes him extremley immobile. (characters like Davis can adjust their position between basic attacks)
And I can't manage a super punch? I guess you have a good reason for that.
His fire slashes could really use a more firey gradient and shape (I don't really like energy objects igniting characters but not really matching in color). Editing an object to match this isn't too hard if it's not against your design of this attack. eg.:woody_fireball.bmp
The flaming swords are awesome, but cause a lot of trouble with more than one Kato on the field. He could really use a fire proof state while attacking with them. Also why don't they extend to at least the run attack? (abusing the super punch maybe?)
For the fire breath I could understand the wind up a little better if he actually had a bottle to drink from on the sprites.
Bam has a nice touch with the low damage, but it could really either use some sprites or go without a shadow (like palms). If you don't want the object to have the strength of a state 3005 you can also try state 9997.
Inner fire: the description made me think I could walk around with the charge similar to the flaming swords ...
The ground fire is a nice idea.

Suikan
throws a giant shuriken that splits? If the main shuriken looked like it was made up of two that seperate on impact I'd understand ... also the split shurikens don't seem to do any damage? That makes them a little pointless. Throwing this thing on every basic attack is pretty interesting though.
Again no easy way to get the super ... wait.
Tested both Kato and Suikans super punch with the baseball. They are pretty neat. Why would you make them so hard to obtain without items? Okay, onwards.
The water ball too could use some graphical improvement. It really just looks like a recolored fire ball. I really like Walters water attacks so these might be a good reference if you consider improving it.
The ice shower is a really well executed move, I like it.
Aqua ride is a cool thing, except for Suikan adjusting to the again not very water looking blast very unfluently. Maybe you could still reduce a wait in that process to a minimum (0 instead of 1, I won't look at the data for now)?
The energy star: again I really like how you turned an existing LF2 move into a convincing version for this character.
Great way of combining the heal others and heal self move. However hp/time ratio is way too bad. I would prefer a single heal that does a larger amount instead of a slow loop.
I think the water mirror decoy could last a little longer (and maybe trip over upon touch: itr kind 9 on characters).

Fusej
has quite an interesting name and color.
Ahhh normal shurikens. Normal super punch. Cool run attack. A little weird jump attack (arm is still stretched forward even though throwing stuff down; and when jumping forward shurikens tend to collide with each other). And a damn low dash attack.
Wind blast: the hand looks quite - backwards - and what makes people think inverting the ground splash would make sense? I've seen the same on Hein recently.
The sky and ground shuriken (especially the ground) are great. Instead of the extra button for the ground variant I would however prefer the move to perform this action whenever there are shurikens buried into the ground. (this would prevent spamming this for a way too massive ground shuriken hail and makes the awesome part of this move more accessible)
The art of crane was already expected as he cannot turn during his defense (suggesting its used for a counter). The controls are a little sluggish (walking and turning around). If this does use frame 110 why isn't he able to turn with the direction keys? Also the teleport attack is a bit too powerful imo.
The dash cut is well done.
The twisters are cool too. I would prefer them being a little less effective at first (just doing the normal whirlwind effect) and maybe increasing their size with time becoming the catching trap. (hm - maybe the other way around would actually be better: being large and a trap at first and loosing effectiveness until they disappear)
The slicing whirl is ok I guess.
The eternal pillar is again a neat idea, but a single hit already makes him fully invulnerable and glittering (left to heal or attack I see). That seems to be a little against the idea of accumulating hits.

Dokum,
good job on the punch sprites (oh I see pf made them). Interesting defense, it just has one major downside when comparing to a normal one: its timer does not reset when hit, leaving you open after a set time even though you were defending weak attacks with a superior defense. (I guess you will tell me that one simply has to punch the opponent before that happens ...) A grab as a super punch is cool. The bounce throw too, ... the jump action/run attack too. The boulder dash is a little weird, and is the >>JA weapon less knock attack intended?
The stone throw would be better if it created stones that break upon touching the ground - I can clutter the screen with boulders pretty quickly ...
Floating rocks are a neat idea. I think the boulders should also fall if is mediation is interrupted by being hit and not just pressing D. Also I think it's pretty hard to hit opponents with this and again this clutters the battle field pretty badly.
The hidden earth style is very well done. It could just use a little more effects upon dragging an opponent into the ground.
Rollnrocks made me laugh. I honestly can't take 3 rocks rolling perfectly silent at a constant speed without bouncing across the screen serious.
Stone raizer, yeah ok. More rocks everywhere.

The release moves are not really my taste, but it's cool you limited them to one use per fight (can you think of a way to limit this to a fighter rather than a character?).

I have yet to try the combo moves and how these play with AI (must be madness). But I will leave you to read this stuff first.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [4 CHARs] The Ninja Tales (NO NARUTO!!!) - by YinYin - 02-04-2013, 08:29 PM