Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LFE Forums Novelties
Really? I got a normal PM - it showed.
I got a mod notice PM - it didn't show.
Then I got another normal PM - it didn't show.

EDIT:
I take that back. Normal PMs show now.
Hiding users' signatures and avatars was the best decision ever.
4ye 6anDy (Click to View)
We're watching you... (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
weird, i dont get it showing anything.
no normal pms. The only indcation of having a PM is the "private messages (unread 1) up in the user CP bar.
Thanks given by:
hey i just noticed something
when you rate someone, you can either rate positive (+1), neutral or negative (-1)
in alec's rep, i saw that phil did a +2 rep
what happened there?
~its been a long time coming~
Thanks given by:
Maybe VIPs can add 2 rep... dunno

Anyway... I feel a bit unsure about the rep system...
I actually think people should say the actual reason as to why they're giving rep.
I found stuff like
"Oh, look! You even have gotten a birthday-rep suitable for your age!"
"now its gone. Hurry up with becoming older. No, stay as you are."
Even if the user is actually worth all that rep, people should still state the reasons.
Hiding users' signatures and avatars was the best decision ever.
4ye 6anDy (Click to View)
We're watching you... (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Reaper
If the reason is obvious (like Alectric for instance) then you can add a joke in my opinion.
bla
Thanks given by:
then you should look at the comments on my rep XD
~its been a long time coming~
Thanks given by:
All users: 1
VIPs/GMs: 2
Admins: 3

That's in general the amount of reputation-points that can be given to somebody. I'll have to admit, the one with Phil was meant as a joke that Simon and I conceived; I'll go replace it with a more suitable one if ye wishest.
Thanks given by:
Well, I just don't like saying "*random*... nice and helpful...*random*". It becomes odd when you give too many reputations, but its the main reason to rate somebody. Nevertheless you've probably got a point there. I mean, it wouldn't have mattered in that case, but then again, where to draw the line?
Thanks given by:
(02-28-2010, 03:54 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Reputation System
After a very long discussion, we came to the conclusion to give you another chance with the reputation system. Please note: as soon as we notice that you are not using the rep system as intended, it will be disabled again. It relies solely on you what you do ;)

YinYin Wrote:  well anyway leave it disabled until we have something of that kind

i do not see it purged from earlier 'wrong' use, thus not really encouraging anyone to use it mindful this time; most reps remain of the same kind - not to mention it is flawed in itself and destined to become filled with things that do not really reflect well upon its users ... my humble opinion

is there really no better alternative? at least something close to what i described? i mean this rep system is one of the oldest i know

edit: i dont think your discussion was long enough
Thanks given by: Lauli , snorsorbet