Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bamboori's games, tools etc.
Dude, awesome!
I've been thinking about a 2D minecraft for ages, but never really thought i could make it!
This is actually really neat!

Only suggestions are:
-PLEASE MOUSE!!! Using 2 arrow directions at once is pretty tricky.
-Maybe random land generation (if that is possible)
-Also, let me help! i'd love to help you do sprites for it if you want! (i have GM7, so no programming help unfortunately)

are you going to add stocking blocks in inventories? Limited Dirt, rock, etc, etc.
And day and light cycles? Farm animals?
Water, lava?

This is so awesome!
Thanks given by:
depth_2_5d_example.gmk
how to open it ??
sorry 4 my bad eng
[Image: stand-10_zpse8943b33.gif][Image: walk-11_zps3a4de3e2.gif][Image: att-3_zps48065cd2.gif]

Thanks given by:
(02-08-2011, 12:59 AM)Alectric Wrote:  Dude, awesome!
I've been thinking about a 2D minecraft for ages, but never really thought i could make it!
This is actually really neat! ohai, thanks :D

Only suggestions are:
-PLEASE MOUSE!!! Using 2 arrow directions at once is pretty tricky. but why? D: i want it to be playable with joysticks
-Maybe random land generation (if that is possible) already planned, a few concepts in mind for that as well ;D
-Also, let me help! i'd love to help you do sprites for it if you want! (i have GM7, so no programming help unfortunately) hmm, sprite, wise i dont think i need much help (since the block size is actually 4x4 pixels :P). but even with gm7 (what you can upgrade to gm8 for free btw), you could help at coding :)

are you going to add stocking blocks in inventories? Limited Dirt, rock, etc, etc.
And day and light cycles? Farm animals?
Water, lava?
all that, and more ;D ofc ill take ages for that, but who cares? :D also the game will either be full of minecraft ads or not even play if you didnt buy it (ofc that method may be tricked easily)

This is so awesome!

(02-08-2011, 05:34 AM)betitngoan Wrote:  depth_2_5d_example.gmk
how to open it ??
with game maker^^
gmk is a game maker project file. and since this game is no real game, i just upped the gmk.
Thanks given by: Alectric
I like indie games, because most of them have no story. And story is not quintessential, at least for me. I wish that modern triple A creators would create a game without plot, but with good mechanics, considering what bad writing some of them have. That being said, most of the indie titles look like a turd, and that is inexcusable, having in mind what hardware is capable of these days. (I’m not talking about graphics versus style here, if you thought I will.) Two of Bamboori’s games that I played – only two, because of my busy schedule - are metroids3 and yoomp. They have no story and that was good news for me. I spend an hour on each game and the game-play was superb. Mind you, there are no big, meaningful innovations here, but it’s damn fun to control my green triangle and shoot them colorful meteorites out in space, or audiosurf at high speeds while hitting jump button every second. These games are psychologically joyous, lovely, fun and loud. Thanks for reminding me how to enjoy games again. I seem to have had forgotten it. And good luck on your future projects, whatever Lord Silva has in store for you (;
Thanks given by: Bamboori