Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dear LFE,
YinYin Wrote:as long as the active members read and recognized it its ok
+1
We had that problem in the Chinese forum and it persisted for a long time. It ended up with this massive argument b/w three fractions -- the elitism fraction, the rookie fraction and those who wants to try and correct things. The result was me appointing Felix as moderator again and nanaya leaving the forum (taking a lot of other members along with him). nanaya and co. came back again after things chilled out a bit. I do hope that nothing as unhappy as that would happen here...

YinYin Wrote:i cant see the other two being active
I owe LFE, Cirno and BP an apology. D:
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
Marshall Wrote:
YinYin Wrote:i cant see the other two being active
I owe LFE, Cirno and BP an apology. D:
eh i guess i still have to take it back as you arrived in time with something we didnt know :p

when did that happen and how long did the nanaya fraction stay away?
Thanks given by:
YinYin Wrote:eh i guess i still have to take it back as you arrived in time with something we didnt know :p
... =3=

YinYin Wrote:when did that happen and how long did the nanaya fraction stay away?
Around Christmas of 2007 and New Year of 2008, which was one of my hibernation periods >.> I forgot for how long did nanaya left for. But he did come back in the end with an apology.
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
thingy =\
i think it happens in the officials more than here, but I may be wrong as I only check DC threads sometimes, and don't check sprite threads at all. But yes it happened in the tournament registration thing which made rule #10 pop up. admittedly I did show some elitism coz of things that happen in officials and G4F that i relate the tournament to.

thingy is, it happens. psychologically it's a "natural" tendency, but also in its nature, preventable =\. perhaps there should be a checkbox that u should tick to confirm that you are sure that there's no offense really meant =S

Azriel~
Thanks given by:
Azriel Wrote:thingy =\
i think it happens in the officials more than here, but I may be wrong as I only check DC threads sometimes, and don't check sprite threads at all. But yes it happened in the tournament registration thing which made rule #10 pop up. admittedly I did show some elitism coz of things that happen in officials and G4F that i relate the tournament to.
When it comes to lack of experience for people who are going to enter the tournament, they should really get online fighting before-hand, adjust to the rules and accept the fact that they aren't as good as they might think, so that's not really your fault and doesn't direclty mean elitism, since you're giving them a chance to join if they know how to play by the rules. The pre-tournament idea seems to be a very nice way of letting people get a chance at participating in the later tournaments, too, hoping they will act correctly in said pre-tourney.

Elitism is probably more present in Data Changing and Sprites, but you can't quite pinpoint it to a certain section that easily, so yeah.

Azriel Wrote:thingy is, it happens. psychologically it's a "natural" tendency, but also in its nature, preventable =\. perhaps there should be a checkbox that u should tick to confirm that you are sure that there's no offense really meant =S
Sounds like a bit of a pain and I'm not sure how well that is implementable, so you'd have to ask MH about that. You might as well just keep this all in mind and have a checkbox in the back of your head, instead.

Marshall Wrote:We had that problem in the Chinese forum and it persisted for a long time. It ended up with this massive argument b/w three fractions -- the elitism fraction, the rookie fraction and those who wants to try and correct things. The result was me appointing Felix as moderator again and nanaya leaving the forum (taking a lot of other members along with him). nanaya and co. came back again after things chilled out a bit. I do hope that nothing as unhappy as that would happen here...
I believe you've dropped some info on this to me before sometime but never in much detail, glad to see that we avoided this <<;

Marshall Wrote:I owe LFE, Cirno and BP an apology. D:
I do have to say the lack of activity is okay seeing how you also moderate the lf2.net english and chinese parts, + real life.
Thanks given by:
Cirno Wrote:I believe you've dropped some info on this to me before sometime but never in much detail, glad to see that we avoided this <<;
Now you mentioned it, I do recall giving you a brief run down of it... I was probably rather stressed at that time...

Cirno Wrote:I do have to say the lack of activity is okay seeing how you also moderate the lf2.net english and chinese parts, + real life.
I swear my time management skills is getting better, but I keep on adding random stuff to it >.>
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
MH Wrote:Well, I agree with you in all points, but the only guys which posted here yet are (ex-)mods - no members which tell you're right, I'm gonna change my behaviour a bit...
well, now I'm here

as far as I understood it was only one point, with the example off Hypermodder.
I agree about that some members just say bad things about everything he posts even if it isn't that BAAD.
but, everything that I wanted to say is already posted, so now youve heard the opinion from a normal guy :P

TITLE: a idea
make cave for bear?
Thanks given by:
MH-Razen Wrote:Well, I agree with you in all points, but the only guys which posted here yet are (ex-)mods - no members which tell you're right, I'm gonna change my behaviour a bit...

I have joined the disgussion too.

And i have to agree with all that has been said, and i owe Hypermodder an excuse, for hacking down on his pursuit formula for running-attacks, i think it was...
| Metaknight | G-types | Bottle Skinz | Companion Cube | Art Gallery |
"Do not grieve, it is logical. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."
- Mr. Spock
"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken"
- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
Thanks given by:
Very Very True (-_-) Nods solemenly
I shall make suggestions from now on
If at first you don't succeed, you're probably not going skydiving again.
Thanks given by:
Hey guys I failed at moderating, cheer up and shift things around
Thanks given by: