Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
phil's problems of daily dc :D
as i am pretty sure that i will come across more dc problems as i advance in this for me unknown area, i will make some sort of collection thread.

today in school i was pretty bored, so i started to draw some basic designes for my mod's chars and then an awesome idea came up in my mind. Now comes the problem, the idea is awesome but i couldn't figure out how to actually "do" it.

here is the basic idea:
weapons are something which is there but you don't have to use it, so i wanted to repay the players who use them with something awesome. First thought i had was some sort of level up for the weapons. e.g you use the baseball for like 10 times and then it transforms into a bomb. Or a baseball bat transforms into some sword-like weapon.
I think you got the basic idea.

I already have some sort of concept in my head. Eventually i could use the weaponhitpoints for this, so if they get at an certain point the weapon transforms, however there is one problem popping up in my mind: what if the enemy hits the weapon? then it would actually transform as well => that shouldn't happen.

So i ask you, advanced dcers is this possible with dc or do i have to use hex for some special state which helps me to achieve my goal :D
thanks in advance

~Phil
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
I'm not quite sure whether this will work, but:
Each time you want the weapon to get a point, you spawn a T3, hitting the weapon on a special bdy with injury: -100 or something.

When the hp of the weapon exceed 1000 (that's tricky part, you could try a hit_a value, but i think this would only work for T3), the weapon transforms.

So, dropping the weapon or getting it hit would just decrease some points (which isn't really a bad point ^^).
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
(01-13-2010, 07:22 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  I'm not quite sure whether this will work, but:
Each time you want the weapon to get a point, you spawn a T3, hitting the weapon on a special bdy with injury: -100 or something.
so you mean e.g in the baseball bats attacking frames? or in the baseball's thrown frames ?
(01-13-2010, 07:22 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  When the hp of the weapon exceed 1000 (that's tricky part, you could try a hit_a value, but i think this would only work for T3), the weapon transforms.
so assuming that it works for this type.. what value would i have to put.. @ hit_a? the framenumber or the 1000 or something different? sorry for being so dumb at the basic things ^^

(01-13-2010, 07:22 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  So, dropping the weapon or getting it hit would just decrease some points (which isn't really a bad point ^^).
well it would be kind akward if henry hits your weapon with his palm and then you get an upgraded one just because of that :P
Thanks given by:
That's the point, actually, you would need to create a system that notices whether it hits an enemy or not... otherwise people could just mash up the air and upgrade their weapon with it... Dunno how to do that...

hit_a tells the game (for T3) to reduce the objects hp by hit_a-value * frame amount (so wait:0 = 1 frame).
If the object doesn't has that amount of hp, it will be sent to the frame "hit_d".
So, you would make a wait:0 frame with hit_a: 1000 somewhere in the data, that has a next to the transformation frame and a hit_d to the usual held frames.
But here's another problem, since i think, next is beign ignored in hold weapons or something...

If enemy hit the weapon its hp will REDUCE, so the weapon will "loose experience", not vice versa...
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
another problem is, that the weapon isnt actually "checking" the hp, its reducing it. so you will ever have 0, unless you upgrade it to 1000 at once.
Thanks given by:
there's a non-bug-free way to do this

in each on_hand frame in the weapon data, constantly opoint a t0 in a 2 frame sequence with wait: 1 on the first frame, wait: 1 next: 1000 on the second frame. in the first frame, make the t0 have an ik8 that leads to a 2nd set of frames that has ik8s to stick to the player so that it doesn't disappear (lets call them the "buffer" frames). in the second frame, have a bdy that reacts with the ik8 in the first frame.

these buffer frames also have another set of ik8s that go to a 3rd set of frames when 2 objects with this 2nd set of ik8s are in the same place. _____ keep adding more "stages" of buffer frames so that when you get to stage X, X being 2^(number of hits before weapon levels up), the ik8s opoint sth that makes the char go to a set of frames that changes what weapon he/she has.

i'll explain it differently:
weapon opoints t0 on frame A (set 1)

frame A:
- wait: 1 next: frameB
- has ik8 to go to set 2 (frame C) of buffer frames
- has ik8 to go to frame D

frame B:
- wait: 1 next: 1000
- has bdy to make another object on frame A go to set 2

set 2:
frame C:
- ik8 to go to set 3 order of this is important that determines which ik8's dvx is used if both ik8s have bdys to react with
- ik8 to stick to player, dvx: frameC
- bdy to react with t0 on frame A

frame D:
- has bdy to react with a t0 on frame C to make it go to set 3

... that's kinda a long explanation that i won't get done right now

basically it just makes the multiple instances of the same t0 data file and manipulates it to go to different frames when it hits sth.

when the weapon doesn't hit anything, the t0 in frame A dies before it gets to react with anything, otherwise if it hits, then 2 should appear and start some reaction process. course, all this is theoretical. gotta try if u want to see if it works.

Azriel~
Thanks given by: Bamboori , The Lost Global Mod
(01-13-2010, 07:35 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  That's the point, actually, you would need to create a system that notices whether it hits an enemy or not... otherwise people could just mash up the air and upgrade their weapon with it... Dunno how to do that...

hit_a tells the game (for T3) to reduce the objects hp by hit_a-value * frame amount (so wait:0 = 1 frame).
If the object doesn't has that amount of hp, it will be sent to the frame "hit_d".
So, you would make a wait:0 frame with hit_a: 1000 somewhere in the data, that has a next to the transformation frame and a hit_d to the usual held frames.
But here's another problem, since i think, next is beign ignored in hold weapons or something...

If enemy hit the weapon its hp will REDUCE, so the weapon will "loose experience", not vice versa...
hm... actually its about using the weapon... everyone who swings around the weapon 1000 times has to hit the enemy somehow or somewhen.. but this is truely a problem if i just want the weapon to "need" 100 swinging..

gotta pass on this one... i have no clue if next is ignored or not..

yea i was just saying that it would be akward.. i knew that already after your post...

Read ninja'd post ;DD - Simoneon
sorry for the double post but i wanna make sure i got that

so basically the t0 object looks like this:
    DC-Code:
<frame> 0 buffer
pic: 999 wait: 1 next: 1
itr:
  	kind: 8  x: x  y: y  w: w  h: h dvx: 2
itr_end:
itr:
	kind: 9 x: x y: y w: w h: h dvx: 3
itr_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 1 buffer
pic: 999 wait: 1 next: 1000
bdy:
     kind: 0  x: x  y: y  w: w  h: h
bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 2 buffer
itr:
	kind: 8 x: x y: y w: w h: h dvx: 4
itr_end:
itr:
	kind: 8 x: px y: py w: pw h: ph dvx: 2
itr_end:
bdy:
	kind: 0 x: x y: y w: w h: h
bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 3 buffer
bdy:
	kind: 0 x: x y: y w: w h: h
bdy_end:
<frame_end>

+ the other buffer frames according to the needed "hits". i hope pic: 999 is for frames where you need no pic/ don't want one..
Thanks given by:
I got another idea which require a small change of the idea.

Problem I see: you can`t use most of the weapons ten times, they break before. So my idea was: if you use weapons and you picked up ten weapons, doesnt matter which weapon you get the super item - then you dont have to seperate the weapons and it should be quite easy to code - well, easy is relative :p

Oh and I guess you do this for a version and modify all chars... - if you fix this system on the normal heros it`s just ten chars, seems to be best solution to me...

Ok, the basic idea is that each char gets an object which count the numbers of weapons he used and if it reach ten he make the next weapon transform into the special item. This weapon counter is initialized with the first pick up of a weapon. The weapon itsself is quite unimportant...

So let have a loook at the pick_weapon frames (picking light and picking heavy). First you might have to extend them so you can use opoints. The opoint is the same in both actions, it activate a "checker" which initialize the counter or push the counter to the next number.

Checker Frame 1
bdy @ y1, wait 1 -> this bdy correspond with the counter and bring the counter to a frame where he spawns a t0 itsself. This t0 should give back the information to the checker that tere`s already a counter.
Checker Frame 2
ik8 @ y2, wait 5 -> if there`s a counter the counter now spawned a t0 object with a bdy @ y2 - the checker knows there`s a counter and go to Frame 4
next: Frame 3
Checker Frame 3
opoint counter

Checker Frame

Counter Frame 1
include ten ik8s for the ten heros, each hero has another y-level for the characteristic bdy, lets guess the ik8 for the first character named a react, then it o to frame 2 - you need counters for each char...

Counter Frame 2a
local ik8 @ y1, lead to frame 3a
global ik8 on charA-y-level, dvx link to frame 2a -> stay with char
local ik0 to make enemy heros fall and this counter go back to the right hero ;) (optional)
Counter Frame 3a
next 4a
Counter Frame 4a
opoint t0 with bdy @ y2 -> tell the checker there`s a counter
next 5a

Counter Frame 5a
-> See frame 2a, the counter is set up +1 now, repeate this a few times and you have your counter. For the last frame you can activate something that let the weapon transform, I guess you can do this yourself, then delete the counter so he restart at the next pick weapon...

PROBLEMS:
- counter may go to other heros, you can prevent this with a ik0 on the chars characteristic bdy which react only on enemy heros, but this is no 100% guarantee...
- in frame 2a the ik8 may cause problems and nothing happen - if so just change them

I see this is quite a lot, up to you what you do :p
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: The Lost Global Mod
phew.. your ideas sounds good as well.. but i would consider this for every char not for the heroes only..
mod = awesomely much work, so a tad bit more work doesn't make any difference... guess i will start with the basic dc and then try the more advanced ones later.. (otherwise i will get demotivated as you know :p)
Thanks given by:
well, the method work on more chars, too, juts if you`ve more then 10 then you need to create more y-areas and split them over two or three frames...
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: