Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rpg project - this one wont fail!
(01-11-2010, 01:10 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  i just need another programmer if i get bugs
I can help with it even though I havent got the newest version of Game Maker... Yet.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by: Bamboori
thx :D

btw:the first thing we need is a basic story. cmon storywriters, where are you? :P
Thanks given by:
^^ a basic story actually is the hardest part. Writing it is easy.
I mean, many stories are just so ordinary. Some rebels try to overthrow some king( maybe connected with vengeance for something), some demons are invading the land( or some evil group is summoning them) and you have to stop them( close some gate), maybe the king died and you have to find the true-born follower etc... They can be interesting but I think it would be nice to have something a little different.
Well, actually... If you are the king and lost your memory, waking up in some kind of village or cave, joining the rebels and fight for them but slowly finding out about your past and in the end fighting the people you once reigned with and maybe liked and admired( maybe your son/brother got the new king?)... Gotta think about that :D Not sure if that could become a proper story.
Anyway, I think finding the basic story should take some time. You can't change it later on. I guess I'll come up with some plots at the weekend.
Thanks given by: Bamboori
(01-12-2010, 04:19 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  btw:the first thing we need is a basic story. cmon storywriters, where are you? :P
How about eggs?
lol

Or this.
Yeah its awesome.

Also I have finally got Game Maker 8.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
congratz :D

btw: my first thought really were eggs. i wanted to name the game epg - egg playing game. but since eggs can't hold weapons n' stuff very good and we won't get much help (only from the eggpire members, who are quite less), i decided to change the theme.
Thanks given by:
Lol, one week behind time. School is... well.
Anyway, I had a few thoughts about the story. Some of them( the ones I didn't scrap):
My favourite one: The main character is belonging to the emperors army. On one of his missions he finds a young man, his village burned by the troops of the empire. The MC doesn't believe him because in the capital he wouldn't hear about something like that, but takes the man with him. He agrees and hopes for a chance to kill the emperor. They become friends until the man flees from the castle to join the rebels. To protect him from being catched, the MC follows him and thus is taken to the rebels. Unfortunately he neither believes that they want to help the people nor that the emperor is evil. He traits them and tells the army where they are though they should not arrest his friend. Of course they do and as he is put in the jail of the castle, the MC finally realizes how evil the king is, flees from the castle and recruits help( who might introduce some side stories) until they are ready for the final showdown in the castle where he has to fight the people he knows and rescue the rebels. Though I'm not yet sure what's going to happen there.
Rather simple would be a story where the main character belongs to the rebels. To overthrow the evil king, his leader opens a gate to the demon's world. Controllling them, the rebels attack the empire. However, the main character realizes that innocent people get killed. Is it worth that?
Another one I don't like that much: The story of a conspiracy of the king. He originates a rebellion the MC belongs to in order to have a reason for stricter laws. Therefore, the rebels are causing as much chaos as possible. The MC again realizes that they are doing more damage than they are helping the people, overthrows the leader and leads the rebels to the castle. However, he doesn't know about the conspiracy, which means that he also doesn't know about traitors in the group...
In general I would like the idea of a story told out of several points of view, with character who aren't connected at the beginning: A rebel, a soldier, a villager? Could be done together with one of the stories mentioned above.
As a pure storywriter I would also consider the story of a bitter and thus evil king( family was killed long ago) who loses his memory, joins the rebels and slowly gets back his memory until he finally realizes that the leader is the one who murdered his family. But who wants to play an old king?
If you like any of the stories, I could write a prologue or something. Otherwise I could try coming up with something else. Or someone has an idea. I would definately vote for the first one. what about several perspectives btw.? In the first story one of them could be someone he recruits, another one maybe the man he finds in the beginning...
Oh and: We need spriters!! :D C'mon, how often do you get the chance to do a new game instead of modding LF2?

Or this: Evil ducks are invading the eggpire. You have to stop them^^
Btw: Have you ever considered doing an egg char(LF2)? Eggs vs. Ducks as a LF2-mod( with eggpire generals and troops and ducks and duck magicians( hat!)) would be great!
Thanks given by:
wow, nice story lines :)
ill overthink them and decide wether i will use one of them^^

btw: egg char? should be pretty luzly -> hell yes! :P
Thanks given by:
BUMP!
got the basic story. after the main story the game continues and other small and big (story-) missions are available.

you start as 15 year old kid. you live in a kingdom where every kid has to choose what to become with 15. you can choose your class then.
-time jump-
you are a loyal fighter for the kingdom and made your way up to the king's personal troops. one day you get sent to spy out some "evil" rebels who want to kill the king. when you observe them they catch you and they tell you about the king's dark side.
-some dialogues follow-
you are shocked. you never had any clue how cruel the king actually is. you join the rebels.
here begins your adventure.
Thanks given by:
Well Bamb, what you just summarized sounds too generic and simple :p
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
blah :P
which of reapers is better?
Thanks given by: