Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please read (Forum Rules)
G'day everyone.
Firstly I have to warn you, that all of these contents are seriously not supposed to be offensive, so please don't irritate yourselves and me too.
These are the most both important and ignored rules.
Though it's simple, I don't like people (especially newcomers) ignoring this.
Now I'm going to explain clearly what are these rules really means.
Please read.
Rule 1: No Spamming (Click to View)
Rule 6: No Reviving Old Thread (Click to View)
Some members are just posting too much to increase their "rank" (e.g newcomer to recent member etc)
And they sometimes ignore these very important rules.
I really hope that the ignorance will end soon.
Please, if you want to ask, have critics or comments post it.
Or if you'd like to correct me if I'm wrong.
If the thread dies or locked PM me.
I'd like to see your criticism.
Sorry for the long post.
It's really important to make it "short" so newcomers can read it more carefully.
I will update the post with more explanation about other rules once those rules are ignored frequently.
My English is not good.
And spelling neither.
~Taniaetc
[Image: abstractdaad.png]
Graphic Stuff|Tania|Indo Fighter|Sprites|Comics|
News of my days: My graphics skills will go better. Eventually...
Thanks given by: MH-Razen , Simoneon
Wow, I doubt this will stop all the spam and co, but I'm happy to see that not only the mods care about it!
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: Taniaetc
(12-31-2009, 07:43 AM)MH-Razen Wrote:  Wow, I doubt this will stop all the spam and co, but I'm happy to see that not only the mods care about it!

Yeah :p, I hope so. Well, sometimes I'm tired of looking at "static" (aka same) posts, so I decided (after thinking while sleeping) to post this!
Thanks given by:
Taniaetc Wrote:I mean, why some people always comment in a post like this, "wow cool", or "awesome".
That's not good.

I do not agree with this at all. Comments like "Cool, I like it." actually motivate you very much. Such comments might be spam, but they tell you that you are doing fine. Even if it's not perfect or anything it's good enough what you've made so far. However, if you get "Fix this, this and this and also completely redo that", you get a lot more to do, and this actually pretty much demotivates you and *ahem* someone might also be insulted by that. Who wants to have a big pile work?

This is just my opinion, so...
Thanks given by: lf2TimmE1
(12-31-2009, 08:12 AM)Lauli Wrote:  
Taniaetc Wrote:I mean, why some people always comment in a post like this, "wow cool", or "awesome".
That's not good.

I do not agree with this at all. Comments like "Cool, I like it." actually motivate you very much. Such comments might be spam, but they tell you that you are doing fine. Even if it's not perfect or anything it's good enough what you've made so far. However, if you get "Fix this, this and this and also completely redo that", you get a lot more to do, and this actually pretty much demotivates you and *ahem* someone might also be insulted by that. Who wants to have a big pile work?

This is just my opinion, so...
Well, for me, posting such comments like that is a waste of time and space. btw thanks for your opinion. What do you think about "no reviving old thread"?
Thanks given by:
Taniaetc Wrote:What do you think about "no reviving old thread"?
That depends.
If it actually contributes anything. Even if it's just a senseless "hey look, I made a picture for your char, maybe you can use it" reviving is okay. But like you said, posts complaining about a missing download link really can be trashed.
Thanks given by:
(12-31-2009, 08:25 AM)Lauli Wrote:  Even if it's just a senseless "hey look, I made a picture for your char, maybe you can use it" reviving is okay.
Actually, if you are going to say like that (the "hey look...") you can just PM the author of the char. Way better than reviving.
Thanks given by:
Blue Phoenix Wrote:Being totally objective on this one, not euphemizing anything, I must say the following: there are a lot of people around here that haven't reached a level of maturity required to flawlessly participate in a discussion. Actually, over 99% will not be able to do this before their 20th birthday. Maturity grows with time, means that you can't expect everyone to behave completely adequate to the respective situation.

Blue Phoenix Wrote:over 99% will not be able to do this before their 20th birthday.

Blue Phoenix Wrote:over 99% will not be able to do this before their 20th birthday.

happy new year everybody :p

Azriel~

lol, totally forgot about that one :P ~ Blue Phoenix
Thanks given by: Eddie , MnM
Blue Phoenix Wrote:Being totally objective on this one, not euphemizing anything, I must say the following: there are a lot of people around here that haven't reached a level of maturity required to flawlessly participate in a discussion. Actually, over 99% will not be able to do this before their 20th birthday. Maturity grows with time, means that you can't expect everyone to behave completely adequate to the respective situation.
At least I can tell newcomers to know what are the "good" behaviours. And I agree with BP (but what about me? I'm only 12 years old:'(). "How to practice it" is the problem, so I'm just reminding everyone here.
Thanks given by:
Nice writing, just organize it a little better - like emphasizing parts (font, colouring) and like that.
It is scientifically proven that newcomers rarely read long posts, especially if all of it is written in the same font, same size, same colour.
But you have good points and the explaination is sufficent.

And your english is not that bad, really. I've seen a lot worse :D
Thanks given by: Taniaetc