Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
same-player-at-random
? 
I just used rammichaels random-for-everybody-exe.
Now I wanna ask if you could make the random-function to pick the same chars sometimes:

for example:

justin
deep
bandit
julian
henry
bandit
mark
bandit

Is that possible?
I HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH MY COMPUTER!
Please don't wonder when I suddenly dissapear for a while!
<a href="http://www.techno4ever.net">
[Image: banner01.gif]
</a>
rest of my siggy! (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
I don't really think that that is possible, from what I know about the exe, the randomizing function picks an id in the range from asdf to zxcv (just random variable that came into my mind). Basically, what Rammichael did was increasing this zxcv-variable, so that the range gets bigger. Am I right, Silva? :p
Anyways, that what you want is some id-related stuff, and that is waaaaaay more difficult than just setting a new id-range, if not impossible...
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
BluePhoenix Wrote:I don't really think that that is possible, from what I know about the exe, the randomizing function picks an id in the range from asdf to zxcv (just random variable that came into my mind). Basically, what Rammichael did was increasing this zxcv-variable, so that the range gets bigger. Am I right, Silva? :p
Anyways, that what you want is some id-related stuff, and that is waaaaaay more difficult than just setting a new id-range, if not impossible...

Exactly... It's just a range thingy, I have no idea why the same ID doesn't appear twice. I think it has something to do with the formula used to generate the random. If you don't have enough characters then duplicates will appear, so it isn't like its impossible... Just the formula is awesome :p
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
you told me your definition of impossible, and it actually fits quite well, you can't find all the addresses, so it's impossible :p
I'd really like to see how they did the random thingy, the only formula for random that I can imagine is:
Math.random()*zxcv-asdf :p
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: