Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multishot question.
Hi everyone:

I currently made a skill like this

[Image: flamefront.png]

It has a multishot of 5 fireballs. But I was wondering, why are there two facings of this skill? I mean, one is in the normal .dat file and the other one is in the fireball skill. I'm planning to modify it's damage and I would like to know where should I work for this skill, in the character data file or in the skill data file? this got me confused :P

Also, backgrounds seem to be bugged. Solutions?

Thanks beforehand
Thanks given by:
Welcome!
You mean to modify the fireball? Look at "firen_ball" and search for "injury:" tag. Change the value and finished.
@the background you should go to your desktop and right-click then properties, find something called "color quality" and if there's 16 bit change it to 32 bit.
[Image: abstractdaad.png]
Graphic Stuff|Tania|Indo Fighter|Sprites|Comics|
News of my days: My graphics skills will go better. Eventually...
Thanks given by:
(12-17-2009, 01:26 AM)Taniaetc Wrote:  Welcome!
You mean to modify the fireball? Look at "firen_ball" and search for "injury:" tag. Change the value and finished.
@the background you should go to your computer's graphical properties and change 16-bit to 32 bit.

YEs, but the facing and mana costs are edited in the character data file, right? I even tested and it works this way. The point is that I'm wondering why is there another "facing" parameter on the firen_ball data file, after the one that already is in the character data file.

Greets
Thanks given by:
(12-17-2009, 01:28 AM)[MarcoNecroX] Wrote:  YEs, but the facing and mana costs are edited in the character data file, right? I even tested and it works this way. The point is that I'm wondering why is there another "facing" parameter on the firen_ball data file, after the one that already is in the character data file.

Greets

Yes. You mean like this?
    DC-Code:
<frame> 31 rebounding
   pic: 9  state: 3003  wait: 1  next: 32  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  centerx: 40  centery: 42  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   opoint:
      kind: 1  x: 41  y: 42  action: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  oid: 210  facing: 1 <-- This one?
   opoint_end:
<frame_end>

It's used while you punch the ball and it goes to another direction.
[Image: abstractdaad.png]
Graphic Stuff|Tania|Indo Fighter|Sprites|Comics|
News of my days: My graphics skills will go better. Eventually...
Thanks given by:
And then the bolts is multiplicated?

thanks!
Thanks given by:
heres where you can learn everything about opoints
http://www.lf-empire.de/lfev9/en/lf2-emp...ject-point

and theres also a thank button on the bottom right corner of every post

and can an admin move this thread to DC forum?
~its been a long time coming~
Thanks given by: Bamboori
Thanks; that helped, now I know properly the values.

I'm wondering the following: I'm planning t do a skill like the one Julian (the bad-boy boss) uses, I belive it's called armaggedon or something like that. It's a super beam coming from the sky. I want to move that skill into my firen project (the same I'm doing now) to it's D ^ A skill. After that I'd like to change the grafics of course. But I'm a bit lost how to properly transfer the skill, any help really appreciated !!!
Thanks given by:
Moved to DC forum.
And also, shut the f*** up, bot. You could/should have split the post to disposal so I did it for ya anyways. ~Ramond No, that was to keep the url I gave. So... I'm not very happy with that you splited it, but eh, whateva. - me

Oh and welcome to the forums, Macro.
Thanks given by:
(12-17-2009, 12:31 PM)Simoneon Wrote:  And also, shut the f*** up, bot.

Oh and welcome to the forums, Macro.

Lol ^^ May there should be a line like "This move was disposald"... I got quite confused after reading the first part...

@Marco:
Welcome to Gamespy. Uhm, i meant LFE :D

Using a col (coloumn, the short name of that Julian move, used in the files) shouldn't be very difficult:
Just copy the julian_ball2.dat and rename the copy to something (im going to call it firen_col.dat in the following). Then go into data.txt and add a new id line for the new move.
Like this (Click to View)
Then you can (f.e.) replace Firens explosion with the new coloumn move with replacing the explosion-opoint with the new xyz value of your new data file.
Firen.dat (Click to View)
Now Firen's Explosion will cause the Julian "Armageddon".
To change the graphics (>sprites) you go into the firen_col.dat and edit the bmp-part.
Now you just need to open the both files "julian_col.bmp" and "julian_col2.bmp" with some grahic programm (Paint, Gimp, Photoshop, Photofiltre).
Copy the pics and save them as "firen_col.bmp" etc.
Now you just edit them however you like and you're done.
(I would, f.e., just clear the Julian shape in the coloumn and then recolour the entire thingy into something red, fitting to Firen).

Hope i could help you ^^

PS: Yeye, many people would just tell him to search mainsite, but i'm just in a very happy mood and have the time to write this :D
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: [MarcoNecroX]
Thanks!

I still have one doubt:

What happens to frame numbers? Can they repeat? because AFAIK they can't and I don't know what frames to give to the next explosion. Because the old one requires around 6 frames and the julian's one requires 13 :) . Thanks !
Thanks given by: