Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tournament Rules
@Cirno
right. (i misread the last post and typed up half a page of total irrelevant stuff =\). anyways, that would be the best solution, and the tournament goers part, hopefully they are caught in the right mood =S.

@topic
perhaps have a practise session for newcomers before the tournament? (and have a few ppl there to "teach" if they want). IRC thingy should be good, and a temporary(?) hamachi server.

Azriel~
Thanks given by:
Azriel Wrote:right. (i misread the last post and typed up half a page of total irrelevant stuff =\). anyways, that would be the best solution, and the tournament goers part, hopefully they are caught in the right mood =S.
More like a paragraph, really, and it was fine! Just a simple misunderstanding.

Azriel Wrote:perhaps have a practise session for newcomers before the tournament? (and have a few ppl there to "teach" if they want). IRC thingy should be good, and a temporary(?) hamachi server.
Before suggesting use of the irc you should at least check it out.
It's hard enough to get people in there in the first place, and especially "noobs" who don't have any experience with it will struggle and not bother anyhow, referring to setting up that that's where these people should meet and ask for battles etc

MH-Razen Wrote:well, so what should we do with newcomers? I dont see a majority for any solution :(
There isn't any real solution out there anyways atm, that's what's being discussed.
Thanks given by:
What we could do is organizing a pre-tournament, in which newcomers to online fighting bust their heads in. More or less, that is a practice tounament, the real tournament comes later. Other idea, like Azzy suggested, would be to create a pratice-thingy, where people can either polish their "rusty" fighting skills or introduce newcomers to the way online fighting works. Would be cool if people would really deal with that in the IRC...
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
Ok I suggest the following:

LFE organise ONE LFE-Tournament monthly and the winner is published on frontside. Beside this there're several other tournaments, smaller ones - and you have to take part in one of these tournaments before you can take part in LFE Tournament.

Opinions plz...
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
Agreed.
Mini-tournament for practicing, introducing newbies to online fighting so that we can reduce the number of dropouts during the actual tournament. ;)
Well, that idea sounds familiar, doesn't it, MH?

Thanks given by:
BluePhoenix Wrote:Well, that idea sounds familiar, doesn't it, MH?

Well, I just renamed your idea so we have LFE-Tournaments and normal tournaments now, that's all :p - so thumbs up for BP: [Image: icon6.gif]

New rules:

---

LFE-Tournament Rules

1. Battles must be 1 on 1 VS Mode matches in the latest official version, LF2 v1.9c

2. The background must be HK Coliseum

3. Each match should consist of five rounds. The first player to win three rounds is declared the victor. In the event of a tie, the round is disregarded and the players continue after a reset random/reselection of characters.

4. F5-F9 are prohibited. By pressing one of these function keys, you forfeit the round. Press F3 at the beginning of a round to avoid accidents. F1 should only be used when absolutely necessary. F2's slow-motion function should not be used. F4 can only be pressed at the end of a round, or if one player forfeits the round.

5. The LF2.net password is not allowed. If you manually select a character, you must wait two rounds before you can select that character again. For example, if you choose Davis, you must play two rounds without Davis before you can select him again.

6. No cheap/infinite combos. Using moves repeatedly to lock your opponent in the dance of pain, such as Rudolf's ninja stars, John's normal attack and Davis/Dennis' energy blasts, is forbidden.

7. Attack limits: -max 3 D^A Dennis, -max 4 D^A Davis, -max 2x D^J or DVJ John, max 2 D^A John -Cycle Dennis (D>J) when u greed opponent is resticted

8. It is not allowed to transform into LouisEX, the use of all weapons and drinks is allowed

9. Scores must be posted in the forum or sent to the administrator(s) of the tournament, accompanied with screenshots of the Summary tables from each round.

10. LFE-Tournament participants must have experience playing online prior to the tournament. In order to minimize the number of dropouts from the tournament, newcomers to the LF2 community will generally not be accepted to LFE-Tournaments. They have to take part at least at one normal tournament before they can do this.

---
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
@Cirno
actually was referring to your post before my post, and i wrote the essay and deleted it and wrote that paragraph. lol... probably gonna get confused again. anyways, yea i did check out the irc a month or two ago i think (and again today). perhaps i'll leave my comp on the irc and hope someone will turn up.

@topic
on hamachi, I made a network if anyone wants to vs me b4 the tournament (changed my mind about not battling b4 the tournament)

network name: LF2 training zone
no password

course, anyone can vs anyone, but just to speed things up a little, let's see how things play out.

Azriel~
Thanks given by:
Azriel Wrote:@Cirno
actually was referring to your post before my post, and i wrote the essay and deleted it and wrote that paragraph. lol... probably gonna get confused again. anyways, yea i did check out the irc a month or two ago i think (and again today). perhaps i'll leave my comp on the irc and hope someone will turn up.
I'm usually on irc from now (10:00 am, GMT+1) to the evening (..like, 11-12 pm) or latenight (5 am+), letting my comp idle.

..That's on days where I'm not afk
Thanks given by:
Well, if I dont get anymore critics I set these rules as fixed :p
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
Got a yes, fix these rules, from me :)

Thanks given by: