Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
[Character] Nino
have to agree with LC you ere supposed to put it in your chars thread.
as for the pose it looks like he willing to dance with a lady. try make some thing more creative. like he is ready to pounce on an enemy.
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't make him put out his fist that far, make him more like a boxer. His arm should be like \/. And his right arm seems to be too thin.
For flat hands... I would just make them longer and change the shading a bit. A fist is stronger highlighted in comparison to the rest( and throws a shadow) Alternatively you could maybe take the hands from another pose. But for a boxing-stance you wouldn't need flat hands anyway.
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2009, 01:32 PM)Reaper Wrote:  I wouldn't make him put out his fist that far, make him more like a boxer. His arm should be like \/. And his right arm seems to be too thin.
For flat hands... I would just make them longer and change the shading a bit. A fist is stronger highlighted in comparison to the rest( and throws a shadow) Alternatively you could maybe take the hands from another pose. But for a boxing-stance you wouldn't need flat hands anyway.

*Thanks*

Improved: [Image: Untitled-6.jpg]

I don't want him to look like a boxer..I like a karate-like stance better.

Will have to delete a few pixels on the left arm's clothing.

Anything else? ^_^ And.. Does he still looks like he's going to ask a lady for a dance? xD
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
Is it just me or does at some point during this triple-kick his leg gets detached form his body? :s
I know it's suppose to show speed, but perhaps you should find another way to represent this because like this it really looks like his leg gets separated. Perhaps a blur or smudge effect would be more appropriate? :)

Besides that, adding details is a necessity. It doesn't have to be something big (like a dragon on his cloths) but it should be enough to make him more unique and, most importantly, different from the base character (Woody) as much as possible. The best way to do this (without much effort) is to make single lines and details that can be copy/pasted and transformed. Here's an example I made in five minutes or so:

Nino -edited (Click to View)
All of these are quick and can be done with either transform or a single brush line.
Shading could take a bit more but not necessarily.
Yet as you can see he looks different already! :O
[Image: 79aec8f57054ce98dba10bbdbd570b2487160e17...d72f6g.jpg]

Stuff that usually go in a sig: Quick Links! (Click to View)
Project frontier. Lost all my hope, yet still keeping it about! ;) (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Memento
(11-09-2009, 01:05 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  id make the fury kick cost less mp and make less damage. combo attacks shouldnt have so high mp costs.

I agree combo attacks should have low MP cost. However, this move can be used to keep the opponent in the dance of pain, without letting him drop. If I'll make it cost less MP, it will be overpowered this way. What will probably happen: I'll make the move cost less MP, add more diffirent kicks to the combo and add fall: 70. That way it won't be so easy to keep the opponent in the dance of pain with this move.

(11-09-2009, 02:43 PM)Alex V.Sharp Wrote:  
Is it just me or does at some point during this triple-kick his leg gets detached form his body? :s
I know it's suppose to show speed, but perhaps you should find another way to represent this because like this it really looks like his leg gets separated. Perhaps a blur or smudge effect would be more appropriate? :)

Besides that, adding details is a necessity. It doesn't have to be something big (like a dragon on his cloths) but it should be enough to make him more unique and, most importantly, different from the base character (Woody) as much as possible. The best way to do this (without much effort) is to make single lines and details that can be copy/pasted and transformed. Here's an example I made in five minutes or so:

Nino -edited (Click to View)
All of these are quick and can be done with either transform or a single brush line.
Shading could take a bit more but not necessarily.
Yet as you can see he looks different already! :O

Thanks;)

Actually, the triple kick is only used once in this movie, in a combo after having won one match. The move you mean is fury kicks.

And yes, the leg does seperate from his body.. I don't know a good method to do this with blur/smudge. I like the kicks this way, though.

About the detail.. I googled some sprites yesterday. I think I will give him fingerless gloves and a bracelet. Haven't thought of more yet. I think a beard or yingyang stuff all around him won't suit him. The Kimono could be a good idea, as I've already made his shirt so that his chest is visible :)

------------

EDIT:

These are his DvA's sprites (fury kicks):
[Image: nino_3.jpg]

Comments, please. Is it particularly wrong that the legs are seperated from the body? I made it like this intentionally, because this way he reaches further and he shows speed. But I got the suggestion to change this, twice. But I don't know how to make it better than this, honestly.

EDIT2:

Any ideas for a projectile move? :)

And.. I'm planning to make a move where he changes into a lion and does an attack. What kind of attack shall I make?

EDIT 3:

Added some detail:
[Image: yeah-1.jpg]

OR: [Image: updateagain.jpg]
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
I say go with the gray one.
[Image: joshexsigcopy.png]

Thanks given by:
(11-16-2009, 09:23 PM)JoshEX Wrote:  I say go with the gray one.

That's what I thought ^^

Thanks for bringing this topic back to life, I was afraid nobody would see the edits in the previous post I made :P
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
Neocrypt Wrote:[Image: updateagain.jpg]
Like this one more, though this specific position might be better for a punching sequence then general standing. None of the original LF characters stand in a fighting stance, anyway. :p
Neocrypt Wrote:I made it like this intentionally, because this way he reaches further and he shows speed.
Reach further? Never once have I met anyone capable of reaching further then his limit while standing in one place... Just "pulling your leg". cool
Well as for speed, there are two effect that come to mind. One (already mentioned) is the smudge/blur effect which can be done in a variety of ways. Here's an example:

Mind you, I'm currently VERY tired so I only made 2 of them; the rest have to wait... (Click to View)
The other one is the shadow/trace effect. Basically you make "shadows" with transparency filters to show where the foot use to be before movement. This way you create the illusion of a very fast action. I might provide you with an example if you didn't understand me, but that'll have to wait till I'm sober. :O

Neocrypt Wrote:Any ideas for a projectile move? :)

And.. I'm planning to make a move where he changes into a lion and does an attack. What kind of attack shall I make?
You can make 'em both as far as I'm concerned. Although it might be a better idea to create a ranged attack instead of throwing a projectile (cause from what I read he doesn't seem like a energy-ball-throwing type). Perhaps something like the Monk's "ShaoLin Palm"? You could also make some sort of sliding move; something like Subzero from "MortalCombat 2" has? :s
[Image: 79aec8f57054ce98dba10bbdbd570b2487160e17...d72f6g.jpg]

Stuff that usually go in a sig: Quick Links! (Click to View)
Project frontier. Lost all my hope, yet still keeping it about! ;) (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Memento
(11-17-2009, 01:39 AM)Alex V.Sharp Wrote:  
Neocrypt Wrote:[Image: updateagain.jpg]
Like this one more, though this specific position might be better for a punching sequence then general standing. None of the original LF characters stand in a fighting stance, anyway. :p
Neocrypt Wrote:I made it like this intentionally, because this way he reaches further and he shows speed.
Reach further? Never once have I met anyone capable of reaching further then his limit while standing in one place... Just "pulling your leg". cool
Well as for speed, there are two effect that come to mind. One (already mentioned) is the smudge/blur effect which can be done in a variety of ways. Here's an example:

Mind you, I'm currently VERY tired so I only made 2 of them; the rest have to wait... (Click to View)
The other one is the shadow/trace effect. Basically you make "shadows" with transparency filters to show where the foot use to be before movement. This way you create the illusion of a very fast action. I might provide you with an example if you didn't understand me, but that'll have to wait till I'm sober. :O

Neocrypt Wrote:Any ideas for a projectile move? :)

You can make 'em both as far as I'm concerned. Although it might be a better idea to create a ranged attack instead of throwing a projectile (cause from what I read he doesn't seem like a energy-ball-throwing type). Perhaps something like the Monk's "ShaoLin Palm"? You could also make some sort of sliding move; something like Subzero from "MortalCombat 2" has? :s

Thanks for posting the topics & exemples ^_^

Since so many people dislike the looks of that move, I will overlook it :)

About the special move ideas: I was planning to do both already.. I should have put it a diffirent way. I meant I needed ideas for both moves; the lion jump & the ball move.. But, especially with his new looks, I'd better think of something better than a lion :)
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
The fury kicks look silly, looks like he's shooting his leg off, I get the idea you're going for, speed and what-not but maybe throw some more streaks in the space between his body and leg to fill it out more so you know it's attached.
Thanks given by: