Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Contest #6: Sprite Challenge
It's supposed to be hard for the spriters and easy for the ones who vote. LF2 sized sprites with lots of details are harder to do, and easier to judge, wich is good, imo.

But I don't care that much about it, as I can do both. I want to see what the others can come up with, though.
Thanks given by:
i agree with you apoc there, but this is kinda good in a way, because it stops the spriters that use bases all the time, and make completely unoriginal chars that no one likes and dont get votes

there is a downside, in that the quantity of entries will drop
Thanks given by: Silverthorn
Man, I go sleep for a few hours and you already clutter up the thread. jk :P

Well, purpose of this contest is to see who is able to make a sprite that is twice as large as usually. Many newcomers will fail at this. No resizing required, Apoc, your sprite is fine as it is.

Just a reminder, in case you want to update the sprite, please edit your first post in a way that tells me not to pick the respective sprite. A "please don't take this" is already enough :)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
Yo

[Image: contest2g.png]

edit: added wings and tried to fix his hands
Thanks given by:
Uhh I'm joining and right now I'm testing defeat.

Edit: Sorry about that I thought that we needed to make the image 158 dimensions, but I'm making one right now.
I am back, not really.
Thanks given by:
@Elias
Oh cmn on Elias make something new... :)
This is supposed to be a spriting contest not something u have already made and double sized it...

anyways hell bp
when i thought of 158 dimensions? I felt like dropping out...
but Apoc & Tim made one... (and i was dam sure i could to if i tried...)
ugh* what the heck* i'll see what i can do this weekend (possibly) ;)
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
(10-16-2009, 07:29 PM)Elias Wrote:  Uhh I'm joining and right now I'm testing defeat.
[Image: Fremandream3_5.jpg]
For sure? This is just a blown up-version. I mean, I want a plain sprite at that res, not a resized version of a smaller image. Sprite = character/object on a white/black/similar background. Image = Foreground & Background elements.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
all right, heres my sprite:
[Image: mysprite001.gif]

(I resized the image with paint)

but don't get why we have to resize it.
[Image: joshexsigcopy.png]

Thanks given by:
(10-16-2009, 09:00 PM)JoshEX Wrote:  but don't get why we have to resize it.
It was said a 1000 times, but still:
You don't resize the picture, you make it in larger dimensions.
For example, look at Apoc and Tim's entrys. They are a lot more detailed than ordinary LF2 sprites, which is also the point of this contest:
In normal LF2 dimensions you can't make very detailed sprites, so you draw it bigger and give it more details, better shading, etc. => shows how much of a spriter are you.
In other words:
Blue Phoenix Wrote:Well, purpose of this contest is to see who is able to make a sprite that is twice as large as usually.
Thanks given by:
i've just about finished my concept sketch of the sprite, just gotta make him full size now ;)
should hopefully be awesome
@timm, awesome armour dude, really awesome, thought the hands look a little funny, and if you fix that up, so far, you've got my vote ;)
Thanks given by: