Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wall bounce
yes it will! baka
Thanks given by:
(10-15-2009, 01:28 PM)naruto hyuuga Wrote:  spawn a t0 at a frame with dvz:550 dvx:550 dvy:500 and state: 8xxx (xxx = a t3 )

I bother to try/test it to be 100% if I'm right or wrong.I was partly wrong & I'm sorry naruto hyuuga.

Its true that opointing obects outsite of the background make them immediately disappear but, If you opiont a t0 & transform it into a any other type then its wouldn't disappear .I bother to try this.

I should first make a trial & then say the other guy is wrong.This time I thought that this fact about non t0 types always apply so I didn't bother to test it first.Also naruto hyuuga please say you know something from experience .

Btw the border of smallest background(hong kong colosseum) is pretty large.I mean I had to use value like x: 328 in the opointing.If you face inside the hkc you see the ball & if face to out side then the ball disapper.If x: value is too small the balls stay its the background border even if think you opoint it outsite of the background.

Test reslut: opoint directly as t3 with x: 328 = disappear
opoint as t0 & transform into t3 with x: 328= still exist. I used sound tag to be sure the ball exist.

Anyway its won't really help the thread starter since the ball always being opoint in relate to the spawning object.

Nave didn't you have something that make the rasengan ball explode when its hit the wall(you spawned it using that new tag thing in bgs?)in the ntsd2 mod?
Thanks given by:
Ntsd 2 has a t0 spawning at either end of the background then transforming to t3 or some other type (i was looking to be sure
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure it has a bdy, because I'm making a mod and every frame has a bdy. (even rolling and lying frames, but attacks with a hitpoint low enough to hit them will be quite rare and valuable) Also, the second object uses a special itr so I had to add weirdly placed bdys anyways.
I suppose spawning an object right next to the border, so it would hit the enemy when he reaches the border would be one way to do this, but it's not as flexible as shooting one after him at the same speed and the collision will probably take place a few pixels away from the edge.
The way I see it, the problem is the fact that the object that's holding him goes through the border and disappears, so I could only fix that by holding him with a type:0 object, but I'm not sure what happens to type:0 objects when the character they're holding is knocked away. How do I make sure the type: 0 is destroyed immediately when the character he's holding is knocked away by the second object? Also, can I destroy a character if he's invisible (like rudolf)? That seems to be the only way to hide the cpu mark and shadow.

If this info is helpful in any way, the mod I'm making will have no z axis and the stages will be smaller (the size of CUHK at most). I'm trying to make it more of a fighting game than a beat-em up. Oh, and when the enemy gets stuck at the edge of the screen, the only way to make him fall down is by summoning a new object (of any type).
Thanks given by:
@mammoth

Just use the idea naruto hyuuga gave. Opoint t0 that transform into t3 like the ball the ntsd mod used to destroy the rasengan ball when it reach the borders of background.There is a exe with perspective tag that allow bgs to spawn objects where you desire.I don't mean the id 199-100 method cause its randomly.

http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread...9#pid35359
When I said the falling frames doesn't have bdy I meant the unmodified ones .Frames 184,185,190,191 that is.
Thanks given by:
well said by naruto hyuuga but type0 doesn't transform to type 3
all u do is make type 0 fall like a weapon and then runs to the end of the wall with a wait 1 and a dvx: 999 for a fast speed not 550 ,cause 550 shows the com but not 999 and at the end of the wall type0 won't pass through so make it opoint out a type3 and after opointing type3 don't forget to make type 0 next value 1000
for it to disapear
idea:
for my mod i made a weapon which summons a typ0 wallbounce
weapons falls with a pic 999
weapon on ground summons a typ0,on typ0 first frame dvx=9999
added 3 frames for typ0
first frame wait=1 dvx:9999
second frame wait=1 opoints typ3
third frame wait=0 next 1000

typ3
first frame wait=2
second frame wait=2 loops back to first frame add a special itr
Naruto: Dawn Of Era...begins a new era [Image: ndoe.png]own....
Thanks given by:
lmao
and 550 is total stop in movement so it doesn't go out after transforming
you can read this:
http://www.lf-empire.de/lfev9/en/lf2-emp...nto-a-ball

i have tested so i know it works
Thanks given by:
Nevermind, the problem was in the frame the enemy was in. I switched it with a modified frame 130 and now it all works.
And I went with my original plan of opointing a type:3 object that chases after him, since spawning one at the edge would cause bugs if two players used the attack simultaneously.
Just one minor question, though. How do I reduce the hitstun after the enemy is hurt by an attack? I'm guessing it's about arest and vrest, but whenever I mess with them, both characters get stuck and the second one dies.
Thanks given by:
(10-19-2009, 03:33 PM)mammoth Wrote:  Nevermind, the problem was in the frame the enemy was in. I switched it with a modified frame 130 and now it all works.
And I went with my original plan of opointing a type:3 object that chases after him, since spawning one at the edge would cause bugs if two players used the attack simultaneously.
Just one minor question, though. How do I reduce the hitstun after the enemy is hurt by an attack? I'm guessing it's about arest and vrest, but whenever I mess with them, both characters get stuck and the second one dies.

Use high vrest/arest .50 I guess would do.Davis has vrest: 10 in has dragon punch. When he hit too much bodys of t0 he get stucked. This is known as the vrest lag . Click here to see .use high values.

Go check the vrest/arest itrs values in the normals characters/Balls/weapons.

That might help.
Thanks given by:
if u guys are using lf2v1.9 falling weapon won't be possible at the start if ur using 2.0 use my idea it will work...by the way don't make your character transform cause that causes a lot of bugs

DC-Code:
#Code: type0

<frame> xxx type0
   pic: 999  state: 3  wait: 1  next: xx*  dvx: 9999 dvy: 550  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0 
<frame_end>

<frame> xx* type0 
   pic: 999 state: 3  wait: 1  next: ***  dvx: 0  dvy: 550  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0 
   opoint:
      kind: 1  x: xxx y: 80  oid: xxxx action: xxx
   opoint_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> *** type0
   pic: 999  state: 3  wait: 0  next: 1000  dvx: 550  dvy: 550 dvz: 550 centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0 
<frame_end>

#Code: type3

<frame> xxx type3
   pic: 999  state: 3  wait: 1  next: xx*  dvx: 550  dvy: 550  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0 
    itr: 
      kind: 0  x: 39  y: -343445  w: 39  h: 100 vrest:40 dvx:50 dvy: -7
   itr_end: 
<frame_end>
<frame> xx* type3
   pic: 999  state: 3  wait: 1  next: *** dvx: 550  dvy: 550  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0 
   itr: 
   itr_end: 
<frame_end>
<frame> *** type3
   pic: 999  state: 3  wait: 1  next: xxx  dvx: 550  dvy: 550  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0 
   itr: 
   itr_end: 
<frame_end>

next here add on a special bdy for ur characters falling frames
    DC-Code:
bdy: 
    kind: 0  x: 39  y: -343445  w: 39  h: 100 
   bdy_end:
Naruto: Dawn Of Era...begins a new era [Image: ndoe.png]own....
Thanks given by: