Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Transforming without catching
How to make a character transform into other characters and transform back without state 8xxx/4xxx or catching them?
I know it's possible because I saw it here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chp2QFxInZ0
Thanks given by:
OMG! A revolutionary transforming char that defies the laws of LF2 engine!!!111

Dunno, to me it looks like the template has the transform sequences for all chars coded in. And I'll say they all use the transform state, probably 4xxx. So unless we get a look on the code, i don't believe it's anything else than that
Thanks given by:
Interesting. You could PM HappyHour and ask him. I can't think of any possible way at the moment.
Thanks given by:
interesting...
i had this Q to me to answer it...
and maybe in the video used rudolfs technique (i know,but naybe he changed the ID) and covered the catching action..

anyway the biggest possibelity is rudolfs technique...
My Releases (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
I also think it's Rudolf's technique, but how to transform into someone without catching them?
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure it's just some really modified stuff. There must be awkward key-inputs to transform into that many different chars (and, as you can see, sometimes it took quite long to input the transformation-move) - nobody ever said that the other chars weren't modified so bla.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
Well there are some characters that can change like BendBandit (I think that's his name), well he could like transform into five different of him self but not sure that you want that and I have no clue about Data Changing.
I am back, not really.
Thanks given by:
Blue Phoenix Wrote:nobody ever said that the other chars weren't modified so bla.

Video Annotations:
Aviv5000 aka. Happy Hour Wrote:Also i did not edit the spirtes or created copy of the original characters with edits sprites like this:

file(0-69): sprite/sys/???_0.bmp w: 79 h: 79 row: 10 col: 7
file(70-139): sprite/sys/???_1.bmp w: 79 h: 79 row: 10 col: 7
file(140-209): sprite/sys/???_0.bmp w: 79 h: 79 row: 10 col: 7
file(210-279): sprite/sys/???_1.bmp w: 79 h: 79 row: 10 col: 7

I'd say it's some bug extension.
Thanks given by:
(09-20-2009, 03:58 PM)Lauli Wrote:  Video Annotations:
Aviv5000 aka. Happy Hour Wrote:Also i did not edit the spirtes or created copy of the original characters with edits sprites like this:

file(0-69): sprite/sys/???_0.bmp w: 79 h: 79 row: 10 col: 7
file(70-139): sprite/sys/???_1.bmp w: 79 h: 79 row: 10 col: 7
file(140-209): sprite/sys/???_0.bmp w: 79 h: 79 row: 10 col: 7
file(210-279): sprite/sys/???_1.bmp w: 79 h: 79 row: 10 col: 7
Right, that's what he says.
If he can show evidence that backs this up, then it's all well.
If not, it's probably what BP said.
Thanks given by:
Look at the comments,

5CR3WY0U a.k.a YinYin Wrote:this is an awesome idea

Which means yinyin figured out how it's done, and found it interesting... Proving you wrong :p (guy above me).

I'm guessing opoint the character you want, IK3 + transform. Or something similar :p. (I don't dc so yeah :p, doing this in hex would be easy :D ).
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: x90z75ek