Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Luti's Sprites
(09-12-2013, 11:20 AM)LutiChris Wrote:  [Image: lf2_miki3.png] Updated Miki
This is the closest i wanted to make for lf2 styled, did i do a good job?
large size (Click to View)

[Image: miki_by_kaywonnjuto-d5ffw92.png][Image: lf2_miki3.png]

Unfortunately, I like the old one better. The pose is more relaxed, more natural. The details are also more well defined, and look like you put more time and effort into the older one. It seemed like you were in a bit of a rush with the 2nd sprite. I like the better contrast and more natural colours of the newer sprite though. It feels a lot more pleasant.

Personally, I don't particularly enjoy spriting at 2x and then scaling down. Its always a challenge to anticipate how the details handle being squashed. Things get blurry when you sometimes don't intend them to be. Then again, many other spriters have found reasonable success with using that method, so I'm guessing its a personal preference thing.
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Want to learn how to sprite from me? (Click to View)
have a request for me? (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Gespenst , Dr. Time , YinYin , LutiChris , ossiee , Gad , Ariel
I like the old version a lot better too. Mostly because of her head.
The new one looks like somebody stomped on it, it lost all its remarkable characteristics.
Also I agree with Sieg that the old body looks better due to being more relaxed.
(comparing to the old one this again looks like somebody stomping on her head made her all stiff - trying not to collapse after that ... haha)

If you wanna try getting her closer to other lf2 characters again I suggest you to keep the first head and try to make that first body a little chubbier (limbs mostly).
Use Jan as reference. Also surround the sprite with all the other lf2 characters - if it sticks out you gotta change something.

(09-12-2013, 03:18 PM)Siegvar Wrote:  Its always a challenge to anticipate how the details handle being squashed. Things get blurry when you sometimes don't intend them to be. Then again, many other spriters have found reasonable success with using that method, so I'm guessing its a personal preference thing.
Because it forces you to not sprite nibbly small details - which is better for your development process anyway.

edit: Looking at the large pictures I see you tried to make the limbs chubbier - but by redoing the whole thing it lost all its appeal:
[Image: large_miki_by_kaywonnjuto-d5ffyqw.png]>[Image: miki0.png]
The hair was all juicy - now its just dry and boring.
The face was all foxy and daring - now she just looks pissed and grumpy.
Also it's not wrong to shade some detailed arm or ab muscles like you did on the old one (deep for example has nice shape shaded details on his arms too).
You just gotta either learn to do this with less shades per colour or work with some adjustment layers.

I think it'd be best if you tried to free transform all body parts of the old one to match an lf2 characters proportions (at original drawn resolution - just size up a Jan behind it).
Then deviate a little from that to make it look good (in case some stuff becomes awkward).
Once that looks good you can move onwards and keep drawing her like that.
Thanks given by: Dr. Time , ossiee , LutiChris
i luv da oh ver
she then look like a real fighter
she now look like a outcast lady from " the hunchback of notredame "
btw :s if it's a char , you can remove some small detail like her glove's material or hair or pants because it's can't be seen in 79x79
:s
sorry 4 my bad eng
[Image: stand-10_zpse8943b33.gif][Image: walk-11_zps3a4de3e2.gif][Image: att-3_zps48065cd2.gif]

Thanks given by:
[Image: miki_by_kaywonnjuto-d5ffw92.png][Image: lf2_miki3.png]

actually when i look sprites side by side, somehow i like more 2nd hair (not face just hair). Might be cuze colors and contrast.

offtopic do not open lol (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
how about now? I still wasn't too sure about the face, but you guys get to decide.
[Image: miki0_edit4.png] [Image: miki0_edit3.png]
large ones (Click to View)
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by: Marko , Jahvansi , The Hari , JoHo15 , Dr. Time , Bamboori , Ariel
I like it.

Also old face all the way.
Thanks given by: LutiChris
[Image: miki0_edit3.png]
this one is ... Flawless ( i won't say "perfect" because it's too old i said it too much)
sorry 4 my bad eng
[Image: stand-10_zpse8943b33.gif][Image: walk-11_zps3a4de3e2.gif][Image: att-3_zps48065cd2.gif]

Thanks given by: LutiChris
[Image: miki_fp1.png] Miki's face pic
original size (Click to View)
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
I like face expressions.
So, u making character of it?
Asking since u made face pic.
Useful
Thanks given by:
EXG9 Wrote:So, u making character of it?
lol i dunno, i like to tease you guys with a couple of animations and soon after let them die! muahaha

[Image: miki_run_test1.gif] anywho, does this run look good to you?
Thanks given by: Gespenst , Sonic Boom