Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hero Fighter Opinions & Thoughts
[] 
(This is an copying & paste topic i forgot to bring here yesterday.)
I tried it out...actually still playing it lol. It's actually a great start for just a demo!
Of Course it has a little problems, that's why it's called alpha for testing.

anyways, first off, Drew was my first test (since he's reminds me of my fav LF2 char Louis.)
Drew:
He is definitely a fighters nightmare in this. he can withstand a lot of force & attacks.
but his most devastating ability is his grapples. His Charging Grapple skill causes him to be unbalanced compared to the others.
He can chain grab after normal attacks, and even throws.
I wiped out Lucas in the corner with any endless combo that his recovery couldn't protect him from another grapple.

the horse is both good and bad for him. Short range on the works against him...but if he can still grapple and hit multiple opponents.

Drew's charging grab needs more MP cost since i can do it about 4 times and literally destroy everyone him, he's not slow as i thought he would be.

Shawn:
Shawn pretty much is the underdog in this version, due to the his recovery time during moves.
he completely stops and fires which makes him easy to hit when attacking. But his dashes are the best of the 3 ( far distances.)

the guiding arrows help him out, but they are easy to get through if you don't follow up and attack them before they come down.
you can guide them by moving them.

Shawn's arrow aren't as effective as Henry...but im glad though lol.

i think he can take some practice first to learn how to use airborne arrows to his advantage.
His Air game is definitely outstanding. jumps are fast & high.
the stamina kinda hurts him a little when your low on mp.

horses help Shawn a lot since it allows him to move and shoot instead of standing still

Lucas
oh man...Davis + Deep = Hell. he's good on foot and horse back.
he is the ground rapist of this game for sure...his normal attack can kill you if your laying there and not trying to get up.
pressing the J button help stop further damage from it

His reach is what also makes him deadly.
Lucas's Rising Slash can chase after being used, just like Woody's skills were.

there's actually nothing much about him that needs work, you can avoid the ground attacks by just rolling vertically or kicking him off you with J.

closing remarks
Hero Fighters is great! but you die much faster than LF2 now. COMs pressure you since they dont walk away when your down.

Drew is the best fighter in the game right now since he seems unbalanced with those damaging chain grabs.

*Offtopic*
just when i want to record vids....my PC doesnt want to record sound.....
the only one wit sound lags without mercy!;)
"'~Nirvana Is Salvation Of Your Soul~'"
[Image: yurisignn.jpg]
[Image: yurisig2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
wow nice review!

actually one more thing to add to the coolness of shawn's dash.. if you time it right you can truely overcome (means without a single damage) drew's d>a and even his d>j (somewhat). same goes for lucas's normal attack.
actually i think drew's d>a is his weakest attack.. shawn and lucas can easily overcome it (with the right timing ofc).
drew's d>j can be overcome by simply using shawn's d>a or lucas's d^a. only thing on drew which is badass is the grabbing. once caught there is nearly no way out. second badass thing is shawn's d>a ... i can't really find a method to overcome it.. simply jumping away is the best thing you can do.. also lucas has a badass method.. simply cornering the enemy and normal attacks combined with his (only) two special attacks does the deal. All in all i can say hf is awesome.. everyone can be badass but still you can beat everyone with everyone but still you don't have to be an awesome player do to so (i am hinting to julian and firzen on crazy ;) ).
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
@Phil, Shawn's D>A isn't badass atall... if you at the same moment use a D>A of Drew he's going to rebound the arrow and shoots it back to shawn, sometimes shawn gets hit by his own arrow + Drew's attack at once... also Lucas' D^A can rebound the arrow, and that move works immetadely so it's the best defence against the arrow
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2009, 02:54 PM)TheNave Wrote:  @Phil, Shawn's D>A isn't badass atall... if you at the same moment use a D>A of Drew he's going to rebound the arrow and shoots it back to shawn, sometimes shawn gets hit by his own arrow + Drew's attack at once... also Lucas' D^A can rebound the arrow, and that move works immetadely so it's the best defence against the arrow

Not badass atall? :O

You know doing in the air when the enemy is in a good position it could hit the nemey 2wice?? right?Shock:p thats badass to me
Thanks given by:
but the fact that it can be reflected and shot back to shawn again makes it not THAT badass...

btw. to catch the enemy on the horse you have to press v + A while the enemy stands next to the horse... doesn'T always work... and if you cought him with drew you can press > A to throw him around, which looks rly cool
also when you cought the enemy (not one the horse) with drew, press Defend multiple times (max. 3 times) to do a similar thing like louis' D^J
Same goes for big weapons
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2009, 04:47 PM)TheNave Wrote:  but the fact that it can be reflected and shot back to shawn again makes it not THAT badass...

btw. to catch the enemy on the horse you have to press v + A while the enemy stands next to the horse... doesn'T always work... and if you cought him with drew you can press > A to throw him around, which looks rly cool
also when you cought the enemy (not one the horse) with drew, press Defend multiple times (max. 3 times) to do a similar thing like louis' D^J
Same goes for big weapons

You mean to grab em from the horse? does it work the same with lucas because i did it by flukes a couple of times :(
Thanks given by:
Grabbing on horse works the same for anyone, even Shawn... v + A
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2009, 09:53 PM)TheNave Wrote:  Grabbing on horse works the same for anyone, even Shawn... v + A

Yeh i figured it out, but i guess it's to hard to execute in a real fight to even bother with.
Thanks given by:
I disliked Drew. His grabbing moves are overpowered (because you can chain them and they cost very little mana, especially at the walls). He also isn't as slow as intended. His ability to swing the log is pretty redundant if you ask me, because it's hellishly slow and without the "armor properties" like when he is doing D>A, leaving Drew extremely vulnerable, plus its range and damage isn't very impressive to make up for that either. It's also pretty odd that his charge attack makes him move faster than his normal run speed, and it costs very little mana and no stamina at all. He's weak on the horse though because he has a very short reach.

Shawn's okay, can be difficult to control him though because his attacks are slow to start and slow to end (with the exception of his dash attack and run attack). In addition, it takes 3 arrows to bring enemies into the "dance of pain" state and the arrows are VERY easily blocked, so enemies who play very offensively will take you down easily. He works better on a horse and against a small group of enemies, provided he has the mana.

Lucas is very versatile, I like him very much. His only disadvantage is his relatively high mana cost compared to the other two.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
I liked it. Lucas was my fave...The only problem I had with the game is the outdated sounds. You'd think Marti would update the sound effect a bit more. Like new punch sounds and wot not.
Escape is a two-syllable word that grants temporary peace in the present to a future victim.
Thanks given by: