Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Tutorial] Face-Shading with PhotoFiltre (without nose, eyes, mouth etc.)
I know there are tons and tons of shading tutorials already, but I am just showing users without Photoshop/GIMP or whatever a fairly decent method of shading which is quick and has a fair bit of quality. I am not necessarily implying that my route is the best way to go about things. This tutorial was made solely for the purpose of general face shading before eyes etc are added. Some extra shading may be needed after the extra details (eyes, eyebrows, etc.) are added.

[Image: LFEEmpireTutorial.jpg]

As usual, I am always open for comments as long as they are constructive. And the example is the face I'm using for my project, I am only using it to show people the results of my method along with the other face components. Hope you enjoyed and learnt something from this tutorial, experienced or not.
Thanks given by:
lol?
the order goes, 1,2,3,, skip a few, COMPLETE!!!!
i can barely see the shading at all man, so that does kinda result in the tut being useless in that effect (coz i cant see what is going on)
you need to have at least 4 face colours in face spriting, dark, slightly lighter, main colour and then lightest of all the colours.
example: (sorry, its pretty rough)
[Image: faceo.png]
draw the 4 colours one, and then blur em'

and no, i am not paying out your spriting ability, because i can see you sprite pretty well, just the tut doesnt really help those in need spriting advice
Thanks given by: Alblaka
""""man... spam after spam.. seriously.. nobody can really teach you how to draw.. so don't complain so much..
........."""""
sorry 4 my bad eng
[Image: stand-10_zpse8943b33.gif][Image: walk-11_zps3a4de3e2.gif][Image: att-3_zps48065cd2.gif]

Thanks given by:
Nobody can teach you to draw, but they can help give you techniques though, which will get you there in the long run
Thanks given by:
@topic : It doesn't look good . Maybe you should try another way
@Alectric : That's a nice tut . I think you should make your own topic , that'll be more convenient
@betitngoan : You are the man after spam. If there are nobody can teach you to draw , then there are no teacher and I'm no need to go to school . Lol
My Release Project (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(07-22-2009, 07:23 AM)truongdzuy Wrote:  @Alectric : That's a nice tut . I think you should make your own topic , that'll be more convenient

the purpose of that drawing is to show that you need a more distinguishable difference between the shades of the colours, with more than a 5% difference so that you can see the details.
i dont have to write up a new face pic tut anyway, because if you want a good one, go see Blue phoenix's one, and there are plenty of teqniques around to become good fast.
@betitngoan:
you obviously have a different definition of spam to everyone else, because he asked clearly for constructive critisism, and i was helping out.
Thanks given by: snorsorbet
(07-22-2009, 04:57 AM)betitngoan Wrote:  """"man... spam after spam.. seriously.. nobody can really teach you how to draw.. so don't complain so much..
........."""""

just_a_phil said like, not me
sorry 4 my bad eng
[Image: stand-10_zpse8943b33.gif][Image: walk-11_zps3a4de3e2.gif][Image: att-3_zps48065cd2.gif]

Thanks given by:
your image didnt work because you havent uploaded it to an image host
or you could use it as an attachment.

go to imageshack.com to upload the image, and copy the URL to here between [img] tags
Thanks given by:
this is mine it is very bad but i think i can change it pls give me some ideas[Image: myfirstsprite.jpg]
Thanks given by: