Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about that; my oldest problem ever
Me again.

How can I suck an enemy towards me without using itr/kind:15?

I find ik15 to be incredibly slow for this task.
Check out my portfolio
Thanks given by:
single enemy: itr kind 3?
multiple: multiple ik15 overlaps (if 1 object with many ik15s in the same frame doesn't work, opoint many of it with 1 ik15)

Azriel~
Thanks given by:
normal itr/kind: 0 with fall: -1, that should work, align the dvx so that he's pushed with the right speed, doesn't work on the z-axis though, vrest should be above 7
Thanks given by:
Azriel, I want him to be pushed to me. Not I towards the enemy.

@TheKnave, You do know you can't catch in the middle of the air, right?
So that if the enemy is anywhere but the exact spot I've taken into account, there's not going to be any catching.
Check out my portfolio
Thanks given by:
ik15 pulls things to the center, therefore multiple ik15s will pull things to the center of them faster. at least, that's where my logic is.

Azriel~
Thanks given by:
Yeah... And way past the centre, and also will pull everything towards the centre except small weapons.
Check out my portfolio
Thanks given by:
what are you talking about? I said nothing abuot catching -.-'
just do it like this:
    DC-Code:
itr:
      kind: 0  x: 179 y: -100  w: 570 h: 2000 dvx: -35 dvy: 0 zwidth: 10 fall: -1 vrest: 7 bdefend: 0 injury: 0 effect: 5
   itr_end:
so now, the enemy is pushed torwards you, without any catching or similar stuff
Thanks given by:
provided u're clever with wait: values, it won't pull them past the centre coz -
1. the dvx on the characters involved are directly proportional to the distance they are from the center
2. if the enemy is near the center, they'll get very little dvx change
3. if they're near the ends, then they'll get a larger dvx towards the center
4. with clever timing (wait: values), they will "stop" when they reach u by deactivating the ik15.

if u want them to slow down, then add extra ik15s so that it's like this:

Code:
|~-~|A|~-~|
|-B-|~|-C-|

A will be where there's multiple overlaps, B and C are slower downs for when they get to the middle.
try it before you reply. it will work (Nave tested multiple objects with one ik15 each, it works).

Azriel~
Thanks given by:
But Azriel, I want to pull just one enemy towards me O_O

And sorry Knave, I forgot to mention the grabbing - I want the opponent to be sucked towards me, and grabbed as soon as he reaches me.
Check out my portfolio
Thanks given by:
    DC-Code:
itr:
      kind: 3  x: 43  y: 0  w: 13  h: 79
      catchingact: XXX XXX caughtact: 130 130
   itr_end:
   itr:
      kind: 0  x: 179 y: -100  w: 570 h: 2000 dvx: -35 dvy: 0 zwidth: 0 fall: -1 arest: 15 bdefend: 60 injury: 1 effect: 5
   itr_end:
   itr:
      kind: 0  x: 30 y: -100  w: 149 h: 2000 dvx: -15 dvy: 0 zwidth: 10 fall: -1 arest: 15 bdefend: 60 injury: 1 effect: 5
   itr_end:

I can't do it easier...
1st itr catchs the enemy
2nd itr pulls him fast torwards you if he's far away
3rd itr pulls him abit slower torwards you if he's close to you

just copy it into your frame, replace the "XXX" with the framenumber of the first catching frame, done
Thanks given by: